Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: More health for the Atrox, and more nano pool for the Nanomage

Originally posted by Wambly

To use your own argument, Letah, you knew what you were getting into before you made the character.

They are now stealth-gimping Solitus Docs because of the nano-type whinners.
    Nano types already had the vest and shades to more than compensate and now they get a breed boost to boot.

Flat out breedism.

hey wambly little factoids for you

1) atrox are SUPPOSED TO get more hp and sacrifice in nanopool

2) NM are SUPPOSED TO get more nano and sacrifice in HP

that is the way the game is designed that is the way the races are described.

To say that soli should get the BEST of both worlds is basically making you the leader of the AO version of the KKK... you are a breedist and a soli breedist. Meaning you want your average white boy to get all the perks

nuff said

To CZ ... thanks for th post, and I will be getting back to you on the agro management Email after I consult with all the other enforcers/solja/MA boards and make sure I got all the info
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Are you brain dead, or just wish Atrox had a *****?
    If THAT was the case this whole time... or if anyone lsitened to what FC said in their guide.... come on, you know so much stuff they said was nto true, and people ahd to find out themselves.
    Sure in guide in theory Atrox suppose to have muhc mreo HP, but the fact till now (grrr) was that atrox didnt ahve that muhc more but now it will.
    I'd never choose to be solitus soldier over atrox soldier is this was the true this whole time. as if soldier wasnt gimed enuff, not being solitus soldier your even more gimped. wtf. gg FC. remind me again how many days i have left on my subscription

It's all about being an epicine breed. When someone tells you to 'go screw yerself', you really can. That takes a lot of stamina.

And always practice safe self-sex.

Originally posted by Alphafemale

Are you brain dead, or just wish Atrox had a *****?
    If THAT was the case this whole time... or if anyone lsitened to what FC said in their guide.... come on, you know so much stuff they said was nto true, and people ahd to find out themselves.
    Sure in guide in theory Atrox suppose to have muhc mreo HP, but the fact till now (grrr) was that atrox didnt ahve that muhc more but now it will.
    I'd never choose to be solitus soldier over atrox soldier is this was the true this whole time. as if soldier wasnt gimed enuff, not being solitus soldier your even more gimped. wtf. gg FC. remind me again how many days i have left on my subscription

*shrug* they said back before the board was wiped that they had it on a list of things to fix, I took them at their word (before I lost hope that they would come through on things)... now I get my advantage. You didnt change in the least as a soli, sam char vs same mobs, sorry you chose a race that you dont like, but not really my problem.

no I am not brain dead, I chose what I wanted, now I will have it, are you brain dead? seems to me it was YOU that chose the wrong race *shrug*

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Lets not forget what they are doing here. They're not taking away hp or nano from any breed. Noone is being nerfed. They are just adding what the manual said, an advantage to the atrox and nanomage breeds.

As a nanomage NT I can use the extra nano to cast Layers, so the extra nano does translate into hp for me.

This is a step in the right direction

/Jereziah

Originally posted by Yazule

hey wambly little factoids for you

To say that soli should get the BEST of both worlds is basically making you the leader of the AO version of the KKK... you are a breedist and a soli breedist. Meaning you want your average white boy to get all the perks

nuff said

Factoids back at ya ...

1) Atrox ALREADY have more hp

2) NM ALREADY have more nano along with higher nano skills

3) Solitus don't have the best of any world ... they have NO perks

The rest of your comment shows true ignorance.
    I haven't hung any NM from the closest tree ...
    I don't hide my face or my name , Wambly is my ingame name as well...
    I haven't made derogatory remarks about a race or a member of a race.. (unlike your little KKK comments)

What I have done is voice my opinion about the mickey-mouse tinkering that FC does to this game without good cause.
    Last edited by Wambly; Oct 11th, 2002 at 18:31:56.

All my characters are solitus. It's true, they have no advantages. They have no disadvantages, either. That's why I made the choice I did.

I think it's great that they are making the penalties that people have been paying for their breed choices finally be offset by some bonuses.

Re: bah

Originally posted by Alphafemale
    I have nothing against Atrox getting more HP and Nanos getting more NP, but what botehres me now as Solitus Soldier, is that if I knew this was/will be the case, I'd never start a Soldier as a solitus over Atrox. Soldier gotta be able to take damage and 700-1000 more HP now for Atrox Soldiers, why wouold anyone bother making solitus. Bah! Fun(not)com, please switch my Solitus to Atrox now!
    I have a level 200 atrox soldier, and for months and months i whined that I was extremely gimped compared to solitus soldiers.. and i was. there were 10 + threads on the issue. as a solitus your intel/psy/sense breed cap at 80 more then atrox. whereas an atrox's Stam and strength breedcap at only 30 ish more then you.

this allows you to cast TMS mk X and RRFE before TL6. without swapping out your Attack rating clusters.

also, a solitus soldier will, at lvl 200, have 1k + more nano pool. where an atrox will only have about 100 more HP if that. allowing you to cast MKX 2 times or more..

atm solitus absolutly owns the atrox in every aspect of soldierism including attack rating (psychic based RE anyone?)

now that atrox get the boost we were supposed to have all along in exchange for our gimped nano pool and intelligence.. you start asking for a breed change? F U is all i can say.

kthxbye soli soldiers, see how it is to be on the other side of the fence now.

-disgruntled gimped atrox for 1 + year.

EDIT: oh yeah and atrox soldier can never self cast OS without serious equipment swapping...
    Last edited by knull laderson; Oct 11th, 2002 at 18:36:41.

Factoids back at ya ...

I haven't made derogitory remarks about a race or a member of a race.. (unlike your little KKK comments)

What I have done is voice my opinion about the mickey-mouse tinkering that FC does to this game without good cause.
    do you ride the sort bus or something

at level 200 soli has 1000 more nano than atrox and atrox has 200 hp more than soli... they are putting it the way it was intended. As far as hanging the nearest NM from a tree, there are a lot more people in the kkk than there are people hung from tree's, killing someone is not a prereq for being racist.

You just want your race to be superior

BEEP wrong answer, now we will have both variance AND balance. If you want to sacrifice 1000 nano then reroll atrox.

*edit* right now soli has all the perks, way more nano than an atrox (with little hp difference) and way more hp than an NM (with little nano difference)

k buh bye

/edit
    Last edited by Yazule; Oct 11th, 2002 at 18:35:53.

ROFLOL

Factoids back at ya ...

I haven't made derogitory remarks about a race or a member of a race.. (unlike your little KKK comments)

wambly, you sir are a moron.

1. atrox get approx 100 more HP at lvl 200 over a solitus. a solitus will have 1k more nano, 80 more intel/psy/sense. who has the advantage here?

2. Nano mage only has higher nano skills because of the few extra points of intel and psy they get from being a mage... it is very minor. a solitus mp and a mage mp, both have all green nano skills... guess what tho. the solitus has a major boost in HP over the mage.

3. you have perks you just dont notice them till you play the other breeds to a reasonable level.

Nano mages get slightly more nano pool because of thier intelligence and psychic being green and thier nano pool being green.. it is a very small amount over solitus who gets a TONNE more HP.

I have a nano mage MP and a atrox soldier and a nano mage NT all 150-200 and solitus has alot of advantages. i wont get into it now because you really dont know what your talking about. its not worth it.

Re: Eh, big deal

Originally posted by Strycker
    Check out the nanomage population in the database. Just about every last one is using Life implants in preference to anything else that can go in those slots.
    I don't know a single vet in the game who doesn't use the 3 maxd life implants regardless of breed. I am sure there are some out there but none that i am aware of/

Re: Re: Eh, big deal

Originally posted by Intrepid

I don't know a single vet in the game who doesn't use the 3 maxd life implants regardless of breed. I am sure there are some out there but none that i am aware of/
    true enough, but now atrox will use body dev w00t

ROFLOL

I don't know a single vet in the game who doesn't use the 3 maxd life implants regardless of breed. I am sure there are some out there but none that i am aware of
    Agreed, but I was trying to underscore the point that hit points are MUCH more important than nano pool points, so that where there is any choice, a nanomage naturally chooses hit points in preference to nano pool. Acknowledging that the nanomage breed is not supposed to have par hit points with everyone else, they therefore need some better advantage than just extra useless nanopool points.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Originally posted by Strycker

Agreed, but I was trying to underscore the point that hit points are MUCH more important than nano pool points, so that where there is any choice, a nanomage naturally chooses hit points in preference to nano pool. Acknowledging that the nanomage breed is not supposed to have par hit points with everyone else, they therefore need some better advantage than just extra useless nanopool points.
    errr, most vet atrox use maxnano plants over most things anyway.

layers = nano = hp for NT so they do get "essentially" more hp.

umm, of course if your hp are low you will implant them

of course if your nano is low you will implant it.

nature of the beast, trying to have your cake and eat it too

ROFLOL

Good change. Now people actually have a reason to play Atrox and Nanomage besides breed-only items.

Yazule, best run some numbers before you switch to BodyDev implants. As I recall, you'd need over 6HP's per point BodyDev to make that work.

Z560 and Yazule ...

You both amaze me. Can't come up with a decent argument so you attack the person. Typical highschool mentality.

You state that the Atrox gets more HP and the NM gets more nano but that isn't enough .. you want to be uber I guess...

As I posted earlier to Letah using her own argument -
    You knew what you were getting when you rolled up the character.

You admittedly whined to get YOUR way becasue YOU didn't like YOUR choice.

This change does gimp the Solitus ..
    It adversely affects every Solitus out there.
    It adversely affects every Opi out there.
    Last edited by Wambly; Oct 11th, 2002 at 19:08:06.

I am curious when other sol's selected their breed as to what their reasoning was. In my case, it wasn't so much that I didn't want some sort of advantage, it was that I was not willing to pay the price, so to speak, for any corresponding disadvantage. So, I based my choice on that facet of my attitude. Well, ok, that and the fact that I just look so darned good.

What was your reason for picking sol in the first place?

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Yazule, best run some numbers before you switch to BodyDev implants. As I recall, you'd need over 6HP's per point BodyDev to make that work.
    No Yazule is right but with 3 QL 200 Body Dev vs. Life you get a grand total of.....

30 extra health

(210 Body Dev x 4 = 840 vs. 810 Life)

Nanonanny numbers are wrong on health gained.

Z560 and Yazule ...

You both amaze me. Can't come up with a decent argument so you attack the person. Typical highschool mentality.

You state that the Atrox gets more HP and the NM gets more nano but that isn't enough .. you want to be uber I guess...

As I posted earlier to Letah using her own argument -
    You knew what you were getting when you rolled up the character.

You admittedly whined to get YOUR way becasue YOU didn't like YOUR choice.

This change does gimp the Solitus ..
    It adversely affects every Solitus out there.
    It adversely affects every Opi out there.
    - Char creation clearly states solitus is the average joe, not exelling in anything. Right now this isnt true, they are better then any other breed.
    - Nanomage doc has 68 nanopoints (not even pool!!!) then solitus and 800 healthpoints less. At.. lvl 200. That isnt better, thats a round-up error at most. If you cannot see that then I don't know what, you'd be most biassed at least.
    - Atrox has 200 hp at level 200 more then solitus and 800 nanopoints (other way around as nano<>sol), that's also nothing at level 200.

It's a fair change, and Funcom agreed to that and changed correspondedly, as they promised even before patch 10.x only weeks after it went live.

When I chose my breed I checked out the breeds and wanted the one exelling in nanopool and nanoskills, instead I got one that has 68 more points after 200 levels. Well *lol*.

To the one saying we got nano-only items; that is not fix to a breed, because of the rarity.

You don't fix a handicapped person with a wheelchair, you help him/her. - Letah the nanomage with a wheelchair

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast