Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New character creation and arrival hall is in 14.6

Insteada redisigning the creation and arrival hall can't you do something important, like fixing my pet pathing!

I like the setup of the CC and arrival hall. It is certainly more lively than the old version. I only have a small problem with the action scene in the main hall. Its shows a MP casting while he is flying which ofcourse can't be done. If funcom wants to put in a high level QW that allows one to cast that would be fine with me. Otherwise that scene should have a disclaimer.

Character Creation hall is AWESOME compared to the Original.

Did have some Ideas tho.

One the Create Face feature, like others suggested Pull the Camera Back a little, and Make it so we can ROTATE the head

After Ive created my character before I goto the PLANET I guess, The screen goes to like a full size view of my new character, it has some text but doesnt stay long enough to read everytime. Sometimes it flashes for like less than 2 seconds and I head into the Shuttle.

The Beginners Area before choosing Faction, has a very good Chat system with NPCs But is very different than some of the NPCs in the GAME Does this mean youll be using two different types of NPC-Chat systems?

Automatically have run on, would be nice.

Didnt the ATROX used to be non Gendered?

Why Does the Shuttle take us to Omni-1? Maybe somewhere like ICC Headquarters would be better?
    Last edited by GreyBear; Oct 21st, 2002 at 08:12:11.

Re: Re: basic question

Originally posted by Cz
    The new character creation is to ease new players' move into Rubi-Ka, and give them some background information to feel more a part of Rubi-Ka.
    Earth and Beyond rules with beginners integration : they have several scripted missions that take the player through the discovery of their GUI up to the first skills they have to master. And this had a rich background too.

But you already know that.

Now, like many old timers, I never dreamed that revamping the entrance hall was very important.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

you r new system roxx will motive new player to play AO
    i like it

Just to annoy people making alts, put a merchant in there who sells all the Good Stuff™ like GAI-IV, Nullity, Blood Bat, PoP, LLTS etc

Originally posted by ElY0S
    you r new system roxx will motive new player to play AO
    i like it
    I'm sure the new character creation room will draw them like flies!

Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Why couldn't these resources be spent on the GUI ?!

Talking

the new char creation roxxor. great job FC!
    Susano-oh: can you tell us the damage hierarchy - ie who are supposed to be the top damage dealers.
    blackmane - It goes roughly in this order: NT (nukes), agent, MA (fist), shade, adventuer/soldier, keeper

Marius: But the nano casting animation bug ofcourse has a high priority. (Feb 21st, 2004)

Fronteria: NT's shouldnt be nr1 dmg, because you dont need skills to press one button to nuke.
    There are always someone who work harder and do better than others with the same tools.

Red face Oh new black Yalmaha?

Ive heard that a new BLACK yalm is coming, that MUST be expensive!
    Thengol and Arnt united

First I must say the new arrival/creation ROCKS!! Very cool, much easier to navigate and figure out what to do next, esp. for a complete n00b (which I was only a month or so ago)

Few things though

1) What *is* that engi doing to his robot in the prof selection hall? I saw someone else mention this and now I understand why. Depending on your mind set it looks anything from just weird to down right obscene.

2) I'll second what someone else said about letting us rotate head view while picking a face. The new system is MUCH better but I do like to see what I look like from behind.

Overall, nice addition to the game!

A Hologram Training Room off of the Main intro hall.

Within the hologram room have a HERD of Leets and maybe a few Birds of Paradise.

Have an Instructor let you to kill a leet or Bird then have him explain the AGG/DEF slider and its effect. That green text that appears during the first level gets really annoying.

Alas tho, I believe we have lost him. He hasnt been back for a few days.

Earlier, in another thread, the term for a congregation of leets was suggested by someone..

An Uber of Leets.

Hey, it sounds good.

And yes, the first hour of a new character's life should be rife with suggestions. E&B's assisting a new character through the basic skills, essentially advanced tutorials, are very nicely done.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

That's one of the things that EQ does better, at least they did initially.

EQ ships with a demonstration program, that forces you through a very fixed list of tasks to learn the game. One of the things they did wrong is you can't skip ahead, although you can quit early.

Of course, with the new GUI, and all the new commands, the tutorial might be a little dated now, but you still learn how to use a shop, use a bank, climb a ladder, cast a spell, and kill a mob before you ever start the game. At least you do if you're paying attention, and run the tutorial before you run the game.

For your information the "old" character creation is too difficult to use for many people. Too many people have quit (true stories) due to their own ability to puzzle! out what to do next. The new character creation will probably baby sit a new character, guide them carefully through the complex system when building a new char. Stupidity should never be taken lightly.

Ishii

If they were too stupid to make a toon I sure as hell don't want them to get into one of my teams.
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Well...I've made four or five characters, and the descriptions in the old system weren't quite what I got during the game. Maybe if they cleared that up (I haven't seen it), less people would be confused.

Well, the descriptions are one thing. I chose engineer because the descriptions in the manual and character creation room put engineer forward as the preemanent tradeskiller. I chose Engineer over Trader because I'd been playing a pet class in EQ and wanted to keep that pet, and I didn't really care if I couldn't sell my tradeskilled stuff well or not, so long as I could make them.

What, I think, kyleb is referring to is "puzzling" out the steps to the character generation itself.

Let's see here. Uhhh. Click on the question mark thingy and it tells you what to do.

And I agree. I have no problem with idiots playing this game, but I'd like some acid test before I trust one to watch my back.

Re: Re: Arrival Hall

Originally posted by Rayfield...

getting thru this now very cool creation screen to find out the world is nothing like it. just sorta bland. there's some places to explore but none of it is as cool as the creation screen.

creation is a big part of a new player's first impression of AO. if it's too exaggerated from the actual gameplay, new players won't be able to keep interest to make AO a long term investment... they should put in less 'visually cool' stuff in say...the professional switch screen. and make it a little darker.....this ain't E&B. it's a dark war-torn mining world. we don't have to be "realistic" to the point of making the character creation like a colorful tourguide booklet about why it's a good idea to visit Serbian landmine fields.
    I felt the same way. After character creation I was thinking I were playing a brand new game, ready to see all the cool stuff...

And then I realized.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Good stuff

I dig the new character creation halls. Eyecandy up the wazoo. Course, I'd rather see the dev team fixing bugs then adding eyecandy (why is my bot still humping the doorframe? And why the heck cant I stack treatment/nano labs?), but thats just how it goes with our friends at FC.

An Uber of Leets. Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day. 2 thumbs up! =)
    Last edited by Swing; Nov 6th, 2002 at 07:53:23.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast