Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New character creation and arrival hall is in 14.6

Lightbulb New character creation and arrival hall is in 14.6

There seems to be some confusion about whether the new character creation and arrival hall is in 14.6, so I thought I'd make a post on it.

Simply: Yes, it's in 14.6.

Leaving the thread open in case people want to discuss the new character creation before it goes to test-live.

ETA?

ETA on when 14.6 is going to test-live?

thx
    Last edited by Prpl/Aslayerem; Oct 11th, 2002 at 10:45:32.
    Prplstyle
    Prpl Another one of the many struggling soldiers out there...
    Aslayerem New main

Uhm..

If the new char creation is comming in 14.6, then why is it listed
    as one of the features of the booster pack "Notum Wars"?

Also, the Notum Wars page is filled with screens of the new char
    creation system, yet no actualy ingame pictures of the new
    vehicles (this better not be 14.6 also).

What shall I make of this? To me it seems that your booster pack
    is seriously lacking content and you need to fill its feature list with
    stuff not even -in- the booster pack itself, but in a predecending
    patch.

Also, is the new character creation area reffered to as high-lvl
    content? I mean, what else can we do than roll new chars?

Oh well... *continues to chew bronto meat*

Re: Uhm..

Originally posted by Autobahn / Caol's Sidekick
    To me it seems that your booster pack is seriously lacking content and you need to fill its feature list with stuff not even -in- the booster pack itself, but in a predecending patch.
    Actually it's the web guys who lack screenshots to put on the booster pack page.

Prpl, no ETA on 14.6 yet. I'll post one when I get one.

Ops!

New character creation system isn't listed in the features list of
    Notum Wars. Seems I made a hasty conclusion. Eeep! My bad!

Ok Cz, you are herby granted a 1-time use only license to flame
    me and steal my ingame gear.

Thx, now kick the webguys around till they post us some screenshots...

Prplstyle
    Prpl Another one of the many struggling soldiers out there...
    Aslayerem New main

Re: Uhm..

Also, the Notum Wars page is filled with screens of the new char
    creation system, yet no actualy ingame pictures of the new
    vehicles (this better not be 14.6 also).
    Take a look at the end of the new video for a brief glimpse of the new yalms.

Re: Ops!

Ok Cz, you are herby granted a 1-time use only license to flame me and steal my ingame gear.
    Sweet! Got a Nulltiy disk you need me to 'take care of' for a sec?

was going to post a big old W00t but i need to check my mail for more nasty letters from cz first ah what the heck WooT
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

/me slaps AkodoReign around a bit with a bronto mama

OOF!!! thats one BIG MAMA...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Was noted by Meurgen that the new character creation halls shows a nano breed for the mp. Since mps can boost their nano skills, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for new players to be given the idea that nano breed is the best choice for this prof. Fairly minor issue I know, but there are many bitter nano mps who are questioning how much the devs know about their own game.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    Was noted by Meurgen that the new character creation halls shows a nano breed for the mp. Since mps can boost their nano skills, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for new players to be given the idea that nano breed is the best choice for this prof. Fairly minor issue I know, but there are many bitter nano mps who are questioning how much the devs know about their own game.
    This is something I expect to be fixed during the test-live process.
    Or there might be a possibility that MP's would be better off as
    nanomages in 14.6+ (In Shadowlands f.ex) with increased
    abilities, new nano programs etc..

Point is, nanomages and atrox f.ex get 700 more of their
    specialized blabla. (aka HP for Atrox. Nano for Nanomages)

Things change all the time. The devs (mostly) know what they are
    doing. The playerbase might not always agree on specific things,
    but this is due to the fact that the devs have a much wider and
    broader view on the game than players.

Something that the devs see fit to change, might make alot of
    sense if you knew what would happen soon (i.e a few patches
    ahead).

It's become somewhat of a sport to flame the devs for not
    knowing their own game. I do believe that hardcore players know
    the -current- game and rules around their profession, way better
    than the devs..

However the devs see changes in a much bigger picture. One
    change might seem horrible, but in the bigger picture it could be
    just the piece that makes alot of sense.

And Cz, my NS dics is burried deep down in the sand somewhere
    in Newland Desert. Enjoy the search

basic question

basic question....

What was the need to rebuild something that worked fairly well? Why put designers and programmers limited resources on the character creation process?

I ve personaly never seen anybody complaining about it on forums...did it take too much server resources?

There are so many little bugs that need to be processed and dont need much time to be solved like guns using melee init etc etc...

Most important : the reinfundment tool that would allow arks to really have a role is not ready yet...wasnt it more important for customer satisfaction than rebuilding the creation system...i m really confused....

yeah.. Vorteks i beleive there are other reasons things get done, If it were a perfect world. FC would spend time and money balancing the classes and adding enough high lvl content to keep everyone happy.

unfortunatly, this doesnt make money. it costs money.. if even in the long term they lose customers.

Funcom has its customerbase by the SoccerBalls because frankly without argument AO is the best mmorpg on the market now and for the foreseeable future.

they are investing time and money into a new creation area to hopefully attract even more people to the game and wow them with it, and keep them on. the small percentage of nerf calling whiners and bored lvl 200's mean nothing to funcom. If by banning everyone they could make money. then thats what would happen.

I would have hoped that they could address at least some of the issues brought up everyday, and make some attempt at communication with its playerbase.. but alas, there is no bling in this.

I play a Soli Trader. I, too, can boost my nanoskills using Divest/Plunders. However because of the higher base attribute cap that a nanobreed on Int and Psy, a nanobreed trader will be able to use the top nanos of my line before me even with Divest/Plunder. Lord help me if the developers put some nanos out of reach of anyone but nanobreed
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Z560
    yeah.. Vorteks i beleive there are other reasons things get done, If it were a perfect world. FC would spend time and money balancing the classes and adding enough high lvl content to keep everyone happy.

unfortunatly, this doesnt make money. it costs money.. if even in the long term they lose customers.
    The bored level 200s and nerf whiners that grudgingly play AO and complain about it on the forums all day are the most loyal customers FunCom has.

They won't leave because they like the game, they like the style, people etc. and they don't want to let some minor problem like the inability to PvP hold them back from joining their friends in PvP.

You are right, it is a question of customer base, and as long as people are complaining, they're playing.

I didn't quit Everquest because my mage's damage didn't compare to a rogues, because Call of the Hero was nerfed, or because I felt my class was weak in any way. I never complained on the forums or held out for a patch. I quit because I was bored stupid and had better things to do.
    Last edited by Enri; Oct 11th, 2002 at 23:01:09.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

wow...no one else thinks from the current screenies that this is a decent clone of Earth & Beyond's creation screens?
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

For some reason I read the title of this thread as:

New character creation and arrival hell is in 14.6

--K

Read the manual that came with AO. It plainly says that Nanomage breed is the prefered choice for an MP. I play an a nano MP and love it. I have only two downfalls about it. Armor choice is very limited, and low to no HP...But I can live with that. There are advantages to each race as each proffession. It is a matter of personal opinion which breed is best.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast