Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aimed shot: what should it be?

i got a thought on this, ok for all you people that are 100% relying on aimshot to kill fixers/shades/ma's stuff like that (evade proofs) you need to stop, 95% of ao relys on aimshot for everything because at this point in the game almost every proof is an evade proof if you think about it even enfs are unperkable to an extent. i would say that they should increase the chance on normal hits landing on evade proofs so that the evade proof also has to reach to his toolsit such as first aids,rooting,kiteing,things like that to make people use there toolsets

and i see another thing people are talking about why they cant perk evade proofs and how to do it thats another problem thats why they are evade proofs they should be unperkable by the average joe! and for brofist if u are a engi the last thing engi needs is there op pets on you and the ability to perk you if say im a shade or fixer or somthing like that oh and i forgot throw a aimshot in with those engi 80% pistol perks and there pet :P

@ obtena, I'm not "looking for an answer" I'm effing pissed that pistols have an "aimed shot" option on them.

@ sultryvolton, If AS pistol users are "compensated" for losing a 100% chance to hit special, thats JUST AS EFFING BAD! The WHOLE point of why the AS pistol is screwing up balance in TL7 PVP is that the bloddy AS Pistol is retardedly Overpowered in conjunction with the working toolsets of the profs who use them!

Lose the frigging pistol, and we're at quasi-balance

rebalance the perks, AFTER losing the pistol, and we'll be probably in a pretty good place.

Keep the AS pistol, try to rebalance perks, WTF is the point in that, the game is still bunga-bunga'd.

What I am looking for is ideas as to what people's PERCEPTIONS are on what Aimed Shot is.

To me, aimed shot is something people do when they are lying down, with zero disturbance, with a scope, with slow and steady breathing, with absolute concentration, aiming at a target some 100's of meters away, and slowly squeezing the trigger, as the gun barrel moves a FRACTION of an inch, to follow the targets movements, completely unaware of the sniper, and then falls, having been hit with a crippling or fatal shot.

Aimed shot to me is not "I'm running in circles and I'm dressed like a big effing slobbering dog with two heads and I can't barely tell my ass from my face and I can see through walls but I can't hold a gun, but I can stop for a half second and aim out my ass at you and pop you for 10k PVP damage because FC thinks two headed dogs are cute and I'm an advy, why don't you just give me your PVP points because you'll never kill me even with a zerg"

ok, so, maybe it's time to give up AO, because it's just retarded.

If you aren't looking for an answer, why did you ask a question?

Your thread is an interesting discussion but doesn't really serve a purpose.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Many of the most useful threads often don't have a purpose, but they help to define what people feel about the game, because the posters are able to leave their bias at the door.

But the question is who is it useful to? I mean, this thread is a good example. There are 101 opinions about what AS should be. One of them is probably pretty close to awesome but if I was an FC dev, I wouldn't even look at this thread to find that one and think about how it could be implemented. They just don't have the time.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    But the question is who is it useful to? I mean, this thread is a good example. There are 101 opinions about what AS should be. One of them is probably pretty close to awesome but if I was an FC dev, I wouldn't even look at this thread to find that one and think about how it could be implemented. They just don't have the time.
    I wouldn't be too sure.

Once you filter out a bit of the rifraf, you actually see that most of the ideas fall into one of two categories:

1. There should be some delay in aiming, and a bit closer to what a "Real Life" aimed shot should be, and that there might be a secondary shot which might be described as a semi-aimed shot or something.

2. It should have a check, or that the mechanics aren't right, but idea's vary on how they should be implemented.

In otherwords, about half the people think that the current ideas put forth in the balancing are what people "think" it ought to be, in otherwords, this thread serves to support FC's documentation, in that it provides evidence that the players agree with the balancing.

The other half-ish have some idea about what it should be, but there hasn't been a consensus on implementation. These people are often the doubters, the skeptics. They aren't wrong, they just aren't convinced that the current system is good, or that the proposed system is any better, and so they should be. The old (current) system is wtfbroke, and the new system hasn't been tried yet.

I think, if the dev's have a read in this thread they will see that their proposed mechanism is getting due support, with many people who are skeptical. Which is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph78 View Post
    Aimed Shot ...

Recharge cap for Agent -> 15s
    Recharge cap for Soldier -> 25s (not useable with FA)
    Recharge cap for MP, Crat, Doc, Trader, Adv, Fixer -> 35s
    Recharge cap for Keeper, Enfo, Shade, NT -> 100s

ALL Rifles, Bows, Pistols... with aimed shot, should have an equip delay up to 10s !
    what about MA's? we use it everytime we can in pvp
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure.

Once you filter out a bit of the rifraf, you actually see that most of the ideas fall into one of two categories:

1. There should be some delay in aiming, and a bit closer to what a "Real Life" aimed shot should be, and that there might be a secondary shot which might be described as a semi-aimed shot or something.

2. It should have a check, or that the mechanics aren't right, but idea's vary on how they should be implemented.

In otherwords, about half the people think that the current ideas put forth in the balancing are what people "think" it ought to be, in otherwords, this thread serves to support FC's documentation, in that it provides evidence that the players agree with the balancing.

The other half-ish have some idea about what it should be, but there hasn't been a consensus on implementation. These people are often the doubters, the skeptics. They aren't wrong, they just aren't convinced that the current system is good, or that the proposed system is any better, and so they should be. The old (current) system is wtfbroke, and the new system hasn't been tried yet.

I think, if the dev's have a read in this thread they will see that their proposed mechanism is getting due support, with many people who are skeptical. Which is great!
    The proposed system is getting lots of support from people with melee mains.

The proposed system is getting lots of skepticism from people with ranged mains.

Coincidence?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I wouldn't be too sure.

If you want AS to be closer to what AS is in real life, then its range should be 300 meters, and you should be dead with one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    If you want AS to be closer to what AS is in real life, then its range should be 300 meters, and you should be dead with one shot.
    As long as backstab paralyzes you permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    As long as backstab paralyzes you permanently.
    It's funny , it kinda feels that way already .

Personnally never felt like AS was an issue as it is implemented atm. Plenty of other tools are a lot more one sided, and i feel like touching AS will have too many unpredicted consequences, which means hard work, which means it migh not be wise.

Bias if there is one (define it for me cause i don't really know) : pvping with 220 NT & 220 Agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Personnally never felt like AS was an issue as it is implemented atm. Plenty of other tools are a lot more one sided, and i feel like touching AS will have too many unpredicted consequences, which means hard work, which means it migh not be wise.

Bias if there is one (define it for me cause i don't really know) : pvping with 220 NT & 220 Agent.
    AS isn't particularly OP'd or ridiculous, with an agent.

It is, however, if you're using a pistol and popping huge hits every 11 seconds with it while kiting 4 melee users.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    The proposed system is getting lots of support from people with melee mains.

The proposed system is getting lots of skepticism from people with ranged mains.

Coincidence?
    /Wisdom

edit: I may have missed it somewhere, but is Enfos, ect swapping for a quick AS being fixed?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

It is, however, if you're using a pistol and popping huge hits every 11 seconds with it while kiting 4 melee users.
    I mean even those support prof using AS doesn't feel like OP'd while on receving end, either while on my NT or my Agent. I got more grief against the fews engies that can pop a 20Kish alpha in couple seconds, and against those pistol perks. It's still down to is it too much or not, and even in the hands of an advy it doesn't sound so bad ; NT versus ranged advy is what i d call balance, for instance, versus crat it gives em the punch needed to give em a chance if the player is good, docs are still something i avoid with a root because i mostly can't kill em (not because of their killing power) ; engies would be the only ones i d reconsider AS pistol + perk combo, since they had lot of dmg allrdy before this pistol, and since pet should get a fix in the future, they might not need so many firepower on their own.

And i still think AS on a pistol alone doesn't do much ; perks sounds more OP'd to me then the AS part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    /Wisdom

edit: I may have missed it somewhere, but is Enfos, ect swapping for a quick AS being fixed?
    AS/SA/FA shared lockout mechanic should make alot of them rethink it.

I guess it will still work for Keepers, MAs, non-dual wield Enfs, and ... well that's it.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Sharing the lockout is the biggest mistake happening to this game.

Hotswapping is a SKILL.. it requires a timing only a few can master.

Having 1h FA and 1h AS should not happen, ok.. but don't nerf hotswaps.

Count me in for the time-delay AS. I don't care all that much about the PvP aspect as I don't go to that rodeo, but it would be nice if they ditched the concealment check so agent's one sorta good special wasn't totally useless in PvM.

Whatever route they take I hope it doesn't screw over everybody to address a few highlevel PvP issues that affect relatively few players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Sharing the lockout is the biggest mistake happening to this game.

Hotswapping is a SKILL.. it requires a timing only a few can master.

Having 1h FA and 1h AS should not happen, ok.. but don't nerf hotswaps.
    kinda agree about this.

Note how strong fixers are with the ratata+onehander combo.

While soldiers are also considerably strong with ratata+onehander, somehow fixers toolset just seem retardedly overpowers all of a sudden as soon as they got all that full auto support. It was moderately balanced before because they really needed to work on FA to make it a strong special, but now with all the support just handed to them, it's made them far more able to focus on AS and add damage and we're now at somewhat weird place of fixers beign the top of the artillery foodchain (besides ranged advy).

dunno how that happened, but w/e I'm all for only having AS or FA availalbe on a setup and not both. both and fast burst is just too much.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast