Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booster pack, why I can't get it on-line?

Question Booster pack, why I can't get it on-line?

Sorry FC, but do you really think I will pay so much for get your booster and Expansion pack?

Check mine costs for getting B&E Packs at European shop.

Your Shopping Cart

Order Number: DR55806784
    Qty Product Platform Shipping Method Price
    Pre-Order Anarchy Online
    The Notum Wars 20,99 EUR

Shipping Method 31,93 EUR
    After changing quantities, click update total to see the correct price. Total 52,92 EUR

31,93 EUR just for shipping from UK to Czech republic? Am I nuts? When I order things from Canada like I'd for E&B see mine order:

>================================================= =======================
    >Item Qty Name Each Price
    >------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >EARTBEY 1 Earth and Beyond^ CD$ 67.95 CD$ 67.95
    >All Items Subtotal: CD$ 67.95
    >
    >Tax Method: 4 Outside Canada (tax free) CD$ 0.00
    >Ship Method: 7 To International: Express (Air Post 5- CD$ 29.95
    >Grand Total: CD$ 97.90
    >
    >
    >IMPORTANT: All amounts are in Canadian currency. Your credit card
    >company will perform conversion to your local currency where necessary.
    >For approximate conversion to US please divide total by 1.6
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >Special Instructions:
    >
    >
    >
    >visa:

Hello,

Your order for the above title(s) has been processed and shipped via Air
    Mail today. Delivery time is approximately as follows:

Within Canada 2 - 7 business days
    International 5 - 21 business days

Please note that these are guidelines only. Delivery times via the postal
    service are not guaranteed.

FYI: I got this box from Canada in 6 days only.

I'd check same cost for Germany delivery and they do charge only 6,25 EUR for shipping. When you will look at Europe map you will see mine country is at border of Germany. There is no fair reason why I would be charged over by 25,68 EUR!!!! What more if shipment will cost so many then customs and tax will cost me another 25% from price so then in total I will pay for your B&E pack 66 EUR and you as company will get only 20,99 EUR. So make it available on-line for price like 30 EUR to cover cost of server load and storage, but it will make me and many other more happy and may be we will pay you more, but simply pay three times more make no sense to me.

Sorry I say big NO until you will not fix it... What more I'd start thinking about mine next subscription period.

How much does UK-CZ shipping cost?

UPS quotes me about 30-40 pounds for it.

Is it possible you're being charged the actual shipping rate?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

true, i think the booster is perhaps overpriced, but come on.... would you rather spend hours and hours online downloading it as a patch? and then what happens if you have to re-format your hard drive and you forgot to make a backup? to he honest, i reackon its an ok price for the new stuff you get... you gotta admit the new fetures do look pretty cool

--Nexus

You people who publicly complain to Funcom about shipping costs are so silly.

Just order the booster pack from someone else if you think the Funcom store is charging too much for shipping.

Geesh,
    -Blix
    Last edited by Blix; Oct 14th, 2002 at 16:09:28.

The booster pack won't be downloadable because FunCom needs to have something for the shops' shelves for Christmas.

People see the booster-pack on a shelf -> they might get curious and pick it up -> they might buy it. And FunCom needs more paying customers.

With more paying customers, FC might hire more people to work on AO, thus improving the quality, hopefully.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

smart :)

I agree that the expansion should be downloadable too !!!

I think that some got the idead how a company work !

Anarchy - online boxes in shelves !!!

)

Arrow

If the shipping cost is a problem, you could wait until it appears on store shelves, though how long that will take in the Czech Republic (if at all) I've no idea...

We may see a download yet of course... Boxes on shelves is nice for new users, but I'd just as rather download the thing and burn it to a CD - even if I still have to pay $20 and don't get another key for the basic game (which I'm not interested in anyway).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

The best solution is still to have a download option, then purchase the booster key only online for $20, with no game key for the free trial that is supplied in stores.

*IF* I decide to stay with AO (thinking of quitting, BORED!) then I will pay the $20 or whatever either way, but I do not want the free trial, and I baulk at the idea of package wastage. How many trees would go into the box and manual, or if it is a DVD box, how much non-recyclable plastic? More crap for me to store on my shelf

If I lose my key, FC can mail it back to me after a security check. The profit% of the booster will be so much higher with the above solution. Go on FC, use us broadband users to boost your profits even more!

Edit: to add weight to the above proposal, did you know that patches leading up to the booster release are including the majority of the code that is required to use the booster? Like it or not, you are all required to install some of the booster whether you are going to use it or not.
    Last edited by Ntrox; Oct 15th, 2002 at 15:23:19.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

They should make it downloadable and you only purchas the serial on the net for 15$

yeah i won't buy either. FC charges 5-6 times what other companies do for shipping no way in hell will i pay that much.

Funcom isn't charging for shipping. Digital River is. They actually handle Funcom's webshop. You can probably get it in a store somewhere closer to you, or you can buy it from somewhere closer to home.

But other than that, I do think they should offer it as a download where you buy a key. Just go to register.funcom.com and hit "Buy Notum Wars(TM)" and they magically add a fresh serial and get some cash from your credit card.

Ofcourse, shop distribution is important, since Funcom are probably looking seriously at getting more "fresh meat" into the game. Although, I have absolutely no idea of subscriber numbers (Funcom is really good at keeping those sort of figures secret )

I tried ordering from USA to Australia, got rejected on the webpage.

Sent email to support, they said "supplier doesn't allow international shipping".

Sent email to FunCom they said "that's strange, but we'll allow download anyway".

So, no need to get the box. Saves me us$40 on shipping.

Bah! So if you live in Australia you can download it, but because all the fancy packaging is orderable/in stores in the rest of the world we need to pay for it??

Gimme a download! We don't have broadband for nothing you know!! And FC, you HAVE our credit card details, just charge the card and let us buy a serial number that you email out! Wow, so much work!

[calm]
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Nexus900000
    true, i think the booster is perhaps overpriced, but come on.... would you rather spend hours and hours online downloading it as a patch? and then what happens if you have to re-format your hard drive and you forgot to make a backup?
    some of us have broadband and cd burners

Why can't I get the booster pack online?
    So funcom can make some money.
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

i do understand that having a box

on the shelves before christmas is smart.

especially since the only new releases neocron and ac2 are shall we say a matter of taste compared to the game that has the sticker:"voted no1 in 2001" on the box.

but where is the harm in letting us buy the key online? if this is anything like the ac expansion there will not be much of an install because the items are in the basic patch anyway.

they HAVE to be since it was already stated that you can see the things booster owners buy real fine without having the booster.

i might shell out 10 euro x 2 for a booster i do not want with things i do not like just because it is a guild thing (and i do like guilds).

but no way in hell i pay 20 plus shipping x 2 sorry.

besides what happens when shadowlands comes?

do i have 5 clients then? (original release, booster x 2, shadowlands x2) argh.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Guys, you need to stop asking for a download already. The reason why companies make boxed booster packs and expansions is because of one thing .. Shelve space.

They could put it all in a patch for you to download, but then FunCom wouldn't get new customers from the christmas rush in shops.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Ah but they would.

There are 3 types of customer here:
    1) the ones who play and have broadband, and do not need the free time, client etc, but will pay the $10 for a key online, thus improving the profit% from the sale. The existing credit card could be charged for this
    2) the ones who play and do not have broadband, or those who do have broadband but want the client, both will buy the pack from the stores
    3) new players who will purchase the pack and use the free month

Either way, boxes will be on the shelves, and if a download were available (bear in mind most of the booster will be in the last patch before release) then the key could be purchased for $10, and the profit that FC makes will be more, considering there are no CD's to make, no packaging costs, and no middleman.

This is the digital age. Having to get a CD from your local shop is daft in this scenario. We should have a choice.

Please note that Australians seem to be offered the download option, as they cannot purchase the CD from the store.

I would be happy to pay £10 for this, let alone $10.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Thumbs down

I'd query few companies in mine country and they will never sell Booster and Expansion Pack. reason is simple shipping cost for these companies will not be lower so much than mine. Imagine that if Booster Pack will cost 60$ on shelf then how many people will buy it?

Another aspect for me is that I don't live in EU and only few people in mine country do play on-line games, because charges for Internet connection are around 100$/month for phone connection and 300$/month for leased lines. No broadband connection in mine country is available at present time and only couple of people are happy to have cable connection.

So I've only two options to buy game from e-stores or D/L. But shipping cost from UK store is insane. Definetely if FC will want to sell around the globe then he should think about it.

I won't like to be whiner, but I wish to be able pay for good stuff but I doesn't will pay for nothing like shipping costs if shipping cost will be more than 100% of price.

I think teh expansion ought to be both downloadable and buyable. Look what they did with counter strike, either you download the free addon to halflife (the one with more maps and better weapon names) or you go buy the full version. Loads and loads of people bought the full version and loads and loads of people downloaded it, i dont see whay they dont do that with AO.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

What to do, if you made an patch, and it's toooooo big in size even for very big patch? Ohhh, yeah... Call it "Booster Pack" and claim money for it. Smarty.
    Back to topic: Guys, be good, made it downloadible + money from my credit card, otherwise, here in Russia, i don't have chanse to participate in it. And you can sell it from shelves too, of course.

P. S. Don't kick me for bad english, it isn't my native language.
    Last edited by Uberling; Oct 22nd, 2002 at 00:20:52.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast