Thread: Nurse

Nurse

OK, I realize that it doesn't exactly fit the topic, but then, Gil has demonstrated well enough how valid topics are.

As we all know, docs got boned. (Stay with me, I'm not gonna just whine and say that docs should get billions of new god powers). The basis of this boning is that most docs are set up to heal, not fight (there are some who tool them to be able to hold their own in combat, but most people who play docs don't even give that much thought). A Doc's main power is healing, which is nano-intensive in any prolonged combat. The beauty of nano rechargers is what allows us to function at all.

Unfrotuantely, you can't use them while being attacked.

Unfortunately, casting a heal makes everything and its cousin within 5 miles start attacking you.

Now, other profs have neat things like humidifiers, or even constantly healing pets. Wow! What a neat tool that must be!

So, my suggestion is this; give the docs, at TL3 (when you become a Doctor), a Nurse pet. Basically, this would be something that costs almost all of your nano to cast, and would have about 4-5x your total nano pool. It would recharge your nanos at a rate something like a humidifier, but only until its own pool runs out. It then deactivates.

The basics behind this pet; no combat power. Does nothing FOR you. Costs a lot to cast, so it isn't really an in-combat option. It is something you have to prepare ahead of time. It doesn't allow an infinite pool. It is something that can be killed (probably fairly easily, if the opponent is smart enough to attack it, which most mobs wouldn't be). It would be realistic and fit in RP-wise. All it does is basically remove the necessity to sit-recharge-stand every so often.

The second thing I would like to present is some kind of aggro- dehancer tool. I suppose it would work something like a charm, or in role playing terms, a sedative. Basically, it works like an aggro enhancer, but with a negative sign in front of the number. We already are stretched on IP as is. :-p It wouldn't charm the mobs against everyone - just against YOU, and when used with other profs aggro enhancing would make it a lot easier to pull mobs off of profs that don't like being attacked (or have very little defense against it). It would probably lock the Psych skill longer than the enhancer, and be a bit less effective at the same QL.

This is balanced because it works for every prof, requires IP, and makes sense (given the same logic that aggro enhancers make sense). It isn't nearly as powerful as a charm, and has no effect other than making the mob more likely to attack the person shooting at them.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Thumbs up Smashing!

Grand ideas! the nurse bot could be like a little sphere that gets smaller as its nano runs down - and glows and has spikes.

I was thinking something like R2-D2... or a trash-can looking thing. Something utilitarian, like it stores medical supplies and tools. Or batteries. But blue and shiny would be nice. :-)

wierdos

or how about a quick sex/breed check

if doctor is a male solitus
    the pet looks like a solitus female in skimpy nurse attire

if doctor is nano female .. handsome young nano male nurse
    to order around . .

poor atrox docs .. they're in for an ugly surprise ..

Hm, perhaps that leads to a new doc show off nano; a golf caddy.

At least we can FEEL LIKE we are rich...

Arrow

the pet sounds kinda wierd but nifty. the agg dehancer is needed badly though.