Thread: The Essential Nanos {Updated}

Post The Essential Nanos {Updated}

Defining "Essential" is hard, so instead I will put up those I -use- the most.

I have sorted them in 3 categories:
    Combat/useful nanos(81): You should get these (or lower QLs of them)
    Nice to have(74): Will give you and/or your team an easier time. Seldomly used buffs are also in this category.
    Fun(16): Strange nanos that do not enhance your combat abilities, but you might want to get them anyway.

The nanos here are the highest QL Agents can use, some with a note of not being the highest, but lower QL nanos working better, for my playstyle.

Adventurer - I very seldom use this profession, I only use it for travelling/quests in SL (and for parties, with the shields (sparkles) and morphs)
    Lvl useful: All lvls for transport, late-game for healing

Combat/useful nanos:
    Calia's Form: Parrot +1300 run/swim to self
    Calia's Form: Sabretooth +56 dam -180 Run Speed (I like this)
    Calia's Form: Wolf +22 dam +390 Run Speed (others like this)
    Freedom of the Ranger +15% root resistance
    Pronouncement of Greatness leetify & +200 concealment self

Nice to have:
    Eagle Eye +20 AS +80 Perception
    Vision of the Wolf +14 Evades +200 Perception
    Calia's Form: Parrot (Team) +650 run/swim to team, enables flight[cool for newcommers] (very seldom use this, only useable for traveling/quests in SL)
    Free Movement +100 Run Speed
    Dance of the Dervish +120 multi / +4 agility(self)
    Retribution of the Aesir 91 Shield
    Supreme Wilderness Protection +373 AC
    Robust Treatment +60 First Aid/Treatment (SFA is better)

Fun:
    Pronouncement of Greatness (Other) leetify & +200 concealment
    All morphs (Leet, Reet, Cat, Wolf and Dragon)
    All shields(sparkles)

Bureaucrat - Good for RK missions, having 2 extra pets helps. Not used that often though. Calms only work reliably on RK
    Lvl useful: Post-mimic

Combat/useful nanos:
    Total Mental Domination 17 min charm
    Displace Thought Patterns 2 min charm
    Wandering Mind 10 min calm
    Disjointed Psyche 7 min AOE calm
    Rule of One 1375-3211 dam nuke
    Pet Warp -General nano, brings stuck pets to you.

Nice to have:
    Motivational Speech: Implement Through Iteration +120 NR aura
    Authority Figure +50 Psychology
    Cut Red Tape +30 inits
    Red Tape -30 inits debuff
    Improved Red Tape -250 inits debuff
    Weekend Volunteer -Fear nano
    Baton of Command +9% XP
    Pet Attention - Bureaucrat/Engineer/Meta-Physicist de-root/snare/calm buyable for Victory Points
    Dire Circumstance - Agent de-root nano (for the charms, when mimic Bureaucrat runs out, but you still have the charms)
    Thorough Overhaul 873-1718 pet heal (Agents do not have the Bot, but it works on some*(human) charmed monster types and MP pets) *Doc heals work on all charmed pets, and so do the MP heal pet.

Don't get this:
    Character Assassin +80 agression to crat bot (Agents do not have crat bots, ant it will NOT work on MP pets)

The Doctor - OK for soloing and teaming post-mimic
    Lvl useful: HP-HOT and SFA are good to FP, but the rest is for mimic.

Combat/useful nanos:
    Uncontrollable Body Tremors -1452 init debuff [UBT]
    Decrepitude -2569 init debuff breaks easier than UBT, hence good for adds
    Instinctive Control +85 nano init
    Improved Continuous Reconstruction +65 HealDelta (rare, but VERY useful)
    Superior Omni-Med Enhancement +920 HP-HOT team nano
    Scythe B Virus 211 DOT line A (5 sec attack+recharge)
    Wrack and Ruin 544 DOT line A -100 Weapon skill debuff (12 sec attack+recharge)
    Sentient Nano Gorger 431 DOT line B
    Deathless Blessing 2 min HOT
    Lifegiving Elixir 693-1283 heal
    Conglomerate Health Plan 485-970 team heal
    Complete Healing 10000 heal (agro magnet!)
    Life Channeler +1344 HP 8 min.
    Superior First Aid +80 Treatment/First Aid [SFA]

Nice to have:
    Biological-Digital Conversion -60 sec cast time, takes the whole team to the grid.
    Iron Circle +20 Sta/Str
    Life Channeler +1344 HP
    Alpha and Omega 10000 team heal
    Tjernberg Soothing Adrenaline -Fear remover

Fun:
    Enlarge +8% size
    Epsilon Purge -Removes all nanos under 35 NCU on the target
    First-Degree Burns 288-560 dam nuke
    Doc heals and HOTs work on MP pets and Crat charmed monsters

Enforcer - Used it a lot at lower lvls, now I just use it for HP buff or fun
    Lvl useful: Low lvls (long lasting buffs)

Combat/useful nanos:
    Essence of Behemoth +996 HP +27 Str/Sta 2hours
    Failing Impregnability 745 absorb
    Coruscating Screen 60 Shield
    Infernal Rage 36 sec run/init/NR/Shield buff with a DOT quite good, breaks roots too, rather large DOT in SL though
    Focused Anger +72 init

Nice to have:
    Mongo Crush! 2314 HP buff +HOT 4 min. (AOE taunt)
    Mighty Challenger to Behemoth +80 dam 1,5 min.
    Prodigious Strength +40 Str
    Thug's Delight +14 1H Blunt Buff
    Brutal Thug +87 1/2H Blunt Buff
    Dominate Foe -78 def Debuff
    You are Next -Fear

Fun:
    Essence of Behemoth + 12% size (2 hours)
    Mongo Crush! + 17% size (4 min.)
    Mighty Challenger to Behemoth + 60% size (1,5 min.)
    All Shields (sparkles)

Engineer - Good for pre-mimic and OK team(aura) buffs post-mimic
    Lvl useful: not endgame (some disagree with me on this. In PVP NSD can be effective, so can the +25 dam buff when powerleveling/pocketing you need to get within 10 meter and they only update each 20 sec though)

Combat/useful nanos:
    Disruptive Void Projector - Aura 9meter blind(-1210 offencive), very effective against adds
    Sympathetic Entropy Infusion +25 dam aura 10meter 2NCU, always nice with extra dam especially at lower lvls.
    Sympathetic Plasma Shielding +38 Absorb aura 10meter 3NCU
    Reactive Harmonic Cocoon +24 Reflect
    Plasma Shield +53 Shield
    Aegis Barrier +720 AC
    Disruptive Retributive Negator -61 Shield aura 10meter good for PVM (effectively +61 dam)

Nice to have:
    A Maker's Touch 1285-2267 pet heal
    Null Space Disruptor -48 Reflect mostly PVP nano, but good for PVM bosses with reflects too [NSD]
    Rapid Weapon +114 ranged init
    Extreme Prejudice +120 Pistol/Grenade
    Trap Artifice +79 trab disarm
    Crowbar Subtlety +32 Break&Entry
    Philosopher's Stone +62 Chemistry/"Pharma Tech"
    Pet Attention - Bureaucrat/Engineer/Meta-Physicist de-root/snare/calm buyable for Victory Points (for the MP pets you always have with you as decent Agent)

Fun:
    Slayerdroid Transference +300 Martial arts +150 AC Makes you look like a nasty robot

Fixer - Used for NCU and runing to RK player shops
    Lvl useful: Low lvl for the run/evade and NCU buffs

Combat/useful nanos:
    Gridspace Freedom +720 Run Speed +79 evades(RK single target 1 hour)
    Shadow Trail +400 Run Speed +78 evades (SL team aura 10 min)
    Ruinous Grid Jump -Instant grid self
    Emergency Vector Tap -Instant grid team
    Omni-Med Incursion 122-276 HOT (for when you Instant Grid)
    Deck Recoder +85 NCU
    Wake Up Call -hostile nano remover

Nice to have:
    Karma Harvest +130 Trap Disarm/Perception/Break&Entry
    Blood Makes Noise +107 Perception
    Spin Nanoweb -AOE snare
    Back Pain +64 Sneak Atck
    Luck's Fickle Fate -85 evades debuff
    Experienced Survivor -fear nano
    Minor Suppressor +8 SMG +7 burst buff

Fun:
    Bootleg Blades 'n Blunts - Summon melee weapons
    Bootleg Beamers 'n Bolters - summon ranged weapons
    Smuggler Shipment - summon armor
    You can choose the QL yourself; 20,40,60 etc. up to 200 depending on what nano you cast.
    Restock Ammo - summon random ammunition

Martial Artist - I never use MA except for buffing
    Lvl useful: Just for buffs, and for that quality all lvls

Combat/useful nanos:
    Mark of Peril +7 CriticalIncrease
    Aegis of Metal +14% NR
    Chirp of the Mournful Cricket +dam MA only buff, gives burning hands

Nice to have:
    First Strike +93 Physic./Melee init
    Four Fists of Kali +140 +30 Fast Attack
    Dirty Fighter +45 Brawling
    Return Attack +50 Riposte
    Martial Arts Mastery +60 Martial Arts
    Form of Tessai +40 Str, self
    Velocity +70 Run Speed

Meta-Physicist - Useful all the time, the profession I go when I log off, so I can log in and get the pets, as they last 2 hours and carry in to the other professions/mimmics.
    Lvl useful: all but endgame (and they are still extra heal/damage there)

Combat/useful nanos:
    Calling of Curatem The Grand - Heal pet Higher lvl than earlier guides might say, Agents got an update.
    Transcendent Frenzy Embodiment - Combat pet
    Coherent Notum Web -15% nano cost 28 NCU (I use this, also on the heal pet, so it does not run out of nano)
    Mocham's Neural Interface-Web -24% nano cost 49 NCU (I Don't use this)
    Composite Mastery +50 nano skills (Higest composite Agents have)
    Odin's Missing Eye +40 nano skills, self
    Mind Quake 736-1515 nuke -100 nano skills debuff
    Anticipation of Retaliation +60 evades
    High Chant of Effortless Strikes +920 init pet buff 30 min.
    Instill With Malign Intent +61 dam pet buff 30 min.
    Anima of Maddening Wrath +171 dam pet buff 22 sec.
    Nano Shutdown -2000 nano skills debuff 1 min.
    Wrath Abatement -261 init -37 dam debuff

Nice to have:
    Single Mochams +120 nano skills
    Single Infuse with knowledge +90 nano skills
    Advanced Symbol Manipulation +92 Nano Programing
    Pet Attention - Bureaucrat/Engineer/Meta-Physicist de-root/snare/calm buyable for Victory Points
    Dire Circumstance - Agent de-root nano (for the charms, when mimic MP runs out, but you still have the pets)

Fun:
    Quantum Wings -enables flight, self

Nano-Technician - I often use this for extra damage and a panic-button (Post-mimic)
    Lvl useful: Post-mimic only, good for soloing with NS2

Combat/useful nanos:
    Nullity Sphere MK II - [NR2]Invounerability for 19 sec. Rare but must-have nano..
    Personal Notum Harvester/Humidity Extractor +235 nano HOT
    On-The-Fly Compression -13% nano cost 23 NCU (I use this)
    Izgimmer's Obfuscated Recompiler -28 nano cost 55 NCU (I don't use this)
    Superior Nano Command +67 nano range (I use this)
    Notum Overload +104 nano range AND +4 nano cost (I don't use this)
    Electrifying Containment 1020-2498 nuke & chance of stun (I use this)
    Gravitational Anomaly 1164-2603 nuke (I don't use this)
    Volcanic Eruption 649-1402 20meter AOE nuke (5 sec attack+recharge)(I use this)
    Kel's Neutronium Plaything 2,400-3,155 25meter AOE nuke (14 sec attack+recharge)(I don't use this)
    Enfraam's Perfected Fortification +307 HP +129 NR +230 AC
    Fleeting Immunity +725 Absorb
    Legions of the Eyeblighter 21sec 20meter AOE blind,
    Visions of the Void 25sec blind

Nice to have:
    Boil Blood 104DOT 12meter AOE (5 sec attack+recharge), goot at that lvl(936 total) and good for holding agro when kiting/pocketing
    Peaceful Intentions 7 min. calm
    Izgimmer's Mockery +350 HP +140 NR +331 AC Rare Dyna nano

Fun:
    Fold Time and Space: Rome/Omni-1/Borealis/Newland/Tir/West Athen 60 sec cast time, teleports you(and team) to the city.

Soldier - I never use it, can be used pre-mimic to fire up mirror shield, then attack a tough mob or as panic button post-mimic
    Lvl useful: other professions more useful, RRFE is OK though. TMS is useful at lower for tough mobs and/or PVP

Combat/useful nanos:
    Reactive Reflective Field (Extended) +30 Reflect [RRFE], other
    Total Mirror Shield Mk X +75 Reflect, self [TMS]
    Offensive Steamroller +133 inits +30 fling shot

Nice to have:
    Riot Control +110 burst
    Total Focus +50 weapon skills, self
    Assault Rifle/Pistol/"Ranged Energy"/Rifle Mastery +50 to weapon skill
    Quickshot +28 ranged init
    One-More-Hit Healing 200-300 heal
    Automatic Targeting +23 offensive
    Precognition +55 evades
    Heavy Assault Absorption Shield +530 AC

Trader - Good for twinking, OK on RK post-mimic
    Lvl useful: Pre-mimic for getting on equipment (drain lvl 1 leets). Post-Mimic: good for PVP and OK on RK.
    Combat/useful nanos:
    Drains: The principle is that there are two lines that stack. They both give nanoskills, so by casting one, you can get the nanoskills to cast the next. Also remember that Wrangler stacks with this (not the team versions though)
    Plunder Skills (Advanced) - Stacks with Divest Skills (Advanced)
    Divest Skills (Advanced) - Stacks with Plunder Skills (Advanced)
    ---
    Plunder Skills (Nanite Enhanced) - Victory Point nano Stacks with Divest Skills (Nanite Enhanced)
    Divest Skills (Nanite Enhanced) - Victory Point nano Stacks with Plunder Skills (Nanite Enhanced)
    ----
    Trading Mogul +260 Computer Literacy, GREAT to equip NCU
    Simple Mind, Simple Pleasures -Calm (great for RK PVM post-mimic)
    Preeminent Health Haggler 411 heal (869 heal on others + 458 dam to self)
    Premium Delayed Health Payment 920-1,144 team heal (540 dam DOT to self; 5 hits = 2700 dam)
    Greater Health Plunder 553 heal to self (560 dam to target)

Nice to have:
    Quantum Uncertainty +110 Evades
    Maestro: "Electrical Engineering"/"Field Quantum Physics"/"Mechanical Engineering"/"Weapon Smithing"/Pharmaceutical +125 to skill
    Hired Hands +8dam team nano
    AC dains: Not worth it in PVM, it does almost no difference.
    Pawnbroker's Armor -1200 AC drain Stacks with Draw AC (Invasive)
    Draw AC (Invasive) -1098 AC drain Stacks with Pawnbroker's Armor
    Major Armor Distributor +1037 AC to team -2523 AC to self
    Armor Trade-In +1012 AC to target -1457 AC to self
    Grid Gateway - Transfers everyone in the team to the grid
    Forced Bankruptcy +271 nano to self, -307 to target, costs 1028 credits

2 characters left to use! (max15000)
    Last edited by ArienSky; Oct 25th, 2010 at 01:10:24. Reason: Updated based on feedback
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Thanks!

Just read a bit over it and it seems to be quite a nice help for beginners.

For adv part: personally would add wolf to 1st category, too. Just cause it's a mix of speed and add dmg, which comes in handy when travelling is part of the fights. For static fights ofc cat is a bit better with a few add dmg and 1 crit.

For Enforcer part: it is practical to use with mimic for midpvp + forgot the nr benefit of rage line (one if not the best feature of it). In terms of pvp mongo+ challi are first category.

Engineer: Can be usefull in endgame if used as buffprofession before using tp.

Ma: the damage changing line. Changing the damage type is a nice feature for "certain" mobs with "certain" ac holes (Hecklers anyone?). It also works wonders when killing rk dynas which sometimes take not much dmg from a certain dmg type (could use perk here if payed ofc)

Replaced the link in stickies with thissem.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Nice list, only change I would make is for soldier at low levels. TMS is an excellent ganking tool when used from conceal and allows many difficult fights to go in your favor. TMS2 at 30 is how I could tank and kill anyone and it was even useful against 49's. Enforcer is still best, but soldier for duels definately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Nice list, only change I would make is for soldier at low levels. TMS is an excellent ganking tool when used from conceal and allows many difficult fights to go in your favor. TMS2 at 30 is how I could tank and kill anyone and it was even useful against 49's. Enforcer is still best, but soldier for duels definately.
    She listed TMS as casted pre-fight already.

@ArienSky:

I would definitely file Calia's Wolf under necessary nanos, it's great to have for indoor SL when Parrot won't work. Also for high-end PvP of course. Dance of the Dervish is unmissable when you're twinking Symbiants in. Lets you equip those Halloween guns and the like much easier. And of course the extra agi & evades.

Contemplation is better than Wandering Mind. Disrupted Psyche is better than Disjointed Psyche. We can't FP Improved Red Tape. Shackles of Obedience is a very nice nano due to its VERY low breakchance. Also Greater Fear of Attention, because aoe roots are teh pwn. Horror From The Darkest Pit works a lot better in SL than calms, keeps your mob occupied for 1 minute but it'll actually land on first try unlike the RK calms/roots/snares.. should be noted tho', won't work everywhere due to target's Psychic having to be under 450. Oh, and because of the Psychic reqs on Charms/Fears you will want to get Drain Psychic (general nano), sometimes it makes the difference.

Doctor's nice-to-have: Decrepitude for enemy healpets, or adds in case you don't have a damageshield/reflectshield. Debuffs 2.5k inits but breaks on hit. Would say Biological-Digital Conversion is a must, and so is Life Channeler.

Enfo --> Mongo is a definite must to heal up & take more damage. Dominate Foe is insanely good for a levelling agent; it can fear Ely Hecklers, taking them out of action for a good minute. And You Are Next is a must for a PvP agent.

Engi: for high level Agents, Null Space Disruptor and Reactive Harmonic Cocoon are pretty much the only reasons to go FP engi. So list them as necessary.

Fixer: Experienced Survivor isn't a fear nano, but a fear immunity. You'll also want to get the NCU buffs below Deck Recoder, to buff friends/teammates/lowbies/randomers who can't receive Deck Recoder yet.

Martial Artist: getting one of the chemical damage fists (Corrosive Fists, Fists of the Sorrowful Toad) is a must. Hecklers have a gigantic Chemical damage AC hole, which means with that nano running you'll no longer do minimum damage, and therefore raise your DD by several 100s of points per hit. If you're teaming an Advy, make sure you aren't morphed, or his Beckoning will overwrite the Chemical damage mod. I'm also missing Reduce Inertia (the best evade buff we can FP), Limbo Mastery (stacks with RI), and Lesser Controlled Rage (stacks with MA mastery).

MP: Mochams are 140 nanoskill, plus Odin's is more often used for the +40 int/psy than nanoskills so might want to mention that.

NT: Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame (nice single target DD nuke), Izgimmer's Mockery > Enfraam's.

Soldier: Battlefield Endurance, nice hp buff if you have NCU free and can't get (Improved) Essence of Behemoth instead.

Trader: damage-to-self is affected by PvP rules, so it's actually 229 damage and even less if you have reflects. Flow of Time, aoe roots always kick ass and with the high nanoskills you'll get from drains it'll even work decently in PvP.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Oct 25th, 2010 at 01:46:27.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Reserved for expanding list.

Thank you for the input Lupusceleri
    Yes I have the various MA dam buffs, but I do not use them often, maybe I should

I will restructure the post SoonTM

Stigward:
    I use Bloom too

Bloom as the higher minimum, but lower average Heal per minute(7414 LE: 7649).
    They have the same nano cost, so for extended periods LE is better, for emergency healing Bloom is the statistically safer bet.

Lletah:
    Slayerdroid Transference is already on, under "Fun"
    What Pistol bufffs?
    EP and Rapid weapon are already there.. Please specify what Engineer pistol buff you think is missing.
    Last edited by ArienSky; Oct 25th, 2010 at 17:40:28.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

For Doc Single Heals...

I tend to use Greater Bloom of Health (which is in fact a lower QL nano than the one you listed) as it has a higher base heal 871 (to 980), althought the max is lower than Lifegiving Elixir (693 to) 1,283, I feel this gives a more consistent single heal.

Just my tuppence worth.
    Last edited by Stigward; Oct 25th, 2010 at 06:21:11.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

I was many times going to write The definite FP'able nanos special version edition! (with lots of pink and explanations), but never got the spirit over me.

We actually got a TON of nanos
    Last edited by Lletah; Oct 25th, 2010 at 18:48:44.

I believe we can use both Adv boons.
    Last edited by Sromp; Oct 25th, 2010 at 16:43:59. Reason: Lupus covered it :P