Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dovve's Map 5.4 Released!

Thanks for the great map.

Nice map / skin

Oh yeah and Dovve if u want better webhosting mail to: webhosting@xixion.com

Grtz,
    XiXiOn

Nice work..
    I really think Dovve deserves all the good PR she gets in the subway in 14.6

Agreed. Well deserved attention in 14.6.

Thanks again for a great map and skin!!

Dovve, get the darn thing implemented in the game.

Your map is helluvalot better than the default one. Your skin too, but I guess thats a matter of taste of course.
    ~Lone

Dovve lays the smackdown on all that is Funcom mapping and skinning.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Thumbs up

Adopted both map and GUI.
    Excellent job and design.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

The map is really cool, but I still use Meccano's/Oldchap's Map from www.fixergrid.com, as I cannot recognize the landscape with the dark coloring of your map.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. You all really make it worth the time I put into working the enhancements. It's been a real blast to work on something that so much of the community is behind. Thanks again :))

Greystar, you may want to try the latest version of my map. One of the changes in it is that the terrain detail is a lot more visible than in previous versions. It just might do the trick for you.

When I made this map I had to make a trade off. I would either use the full color high detail terrain. Or i would design it with a little less detail so that small names could be clearly read on it. In the end I find that having the labeled points of interest far outweighs anything lost by the monochromatic color scheme. And the latest map doesn't loose all that much anymore.

(note that you will see more detail in the actual in game version of my map than in the compressed GIF image screenshots shown online due to the lesser number of colors in the online version).
    Last edited by Dovve; Nov 5th, 2002 at 18:46:07.

Thank you again Dovve for all the time you put into your maps.

/me bows

Oh my, amazing, and i love the skin too.

2 thumbs up
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

I'm not sure if I've said this before or not (maybe I only said it in my head)
    Thanks, Dovve, for aonderful, helpful tool that makes my life on RubiKa easier than it would have been without it.
    /prostrate

Dovve you rule, and you map makes me Smile.
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

I just started using the skin and map and I like them, good work
    Spongebobby 215 Crat : Rimor
    Magnatta 177 MA : Rimor

"Feeling lonely and content at the same time,
    I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" -Nightwish

Dovve, you are AWESOME! Thank you for contributing to the game in such a significant way. Your maps are the best around.

-Blaik

Guess who's pretty face and awsome maps brightens up the new Subway?
    It's the fabulous Dovve! With map and all!

Way to go, Dovve!

Gattolina
    PS: Helpbot, GridStream Productions, Nano Nanny and Antiguardians also have their bill boards / poster. But only Dovve's got two.
    Kirikiri - Trader
    General, Depot Division
    Ancarim Iron Legion
    Gattolina - NT
    Ancarim Iron Legion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123