Thread: PVP: 50% heal a possibility?

PVP: 50% heal a possibility?

man i'm gonna get flamed from a lot of docs for this.

since ppl are talking about the Atrox and Nanomage "fixes" recently, i might as well bring back up the idea for making all heals work halved in PVP just like dmg.

it would be harder to code than dmg, but shouldn't be that hard.

--if a heal is casted on a person in fight with a PC, it would be halved. group heals also check for anyone in group in fight vs another PC.

this will allow of a much wider selection of "fixes" for the nanomage other than giving us more nano, without further over-powering the healing classes.

i guess mostly this is a Doc vs NT whine, if that's all a flamer can see from the above. but it is a necessary step to make PVP balanced. not equal. but 'equal rights'. i've seen too many soldiers and enforcers also saying they can't fight CH docs because they can't do enough dmg compared to the healing rates of a doc, even with the 'somewhat gimped' dmg coming from a doc's weapon. that should not be the case in battle.

this alongside changes to the breeds in 14.6, and the many-time-suggested fixes for more nano recharge means, would help further balance PVP and PVM.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Would be easier to just return to 100% damage with a 40% cap.

Although that would bring back insta-kills from alphas, so... hell, I don't know.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.