Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RP Jurisdiction Areas and Zones

RP Jurisdiction Areas and Zones

Ok. Some of us role-play Omni-Tek police and security forces, and in that role, sometimes jurisdiction issues arise. So I thought I'd post here, since Events seems to have a lot of inbox e-mails :-). I sat down the other day and opened AORK map and tried to make a good estimate of the cities and zones that Omni-Pol would have jurisdiction in. Here is the list I came up with:

Cities
    Rome
    Galway Castle
    Omni-Mine HQ (Clon****)
    Lush Hills Resort
    Omni-1 Trade
    Omni-1 HQ
    Omni-1 Entertainment
    Omni-Research (EPF)
    Terra (Andromeda)
    2HO
    Outpost 10-3
    Omni-Pol Outpost (Stret West Bank)
    Borealis (? not sure here)

Zone Jurisdiction
    Galway Shire
    Galway County
    Clon****
    Lush fields
    Coast of Peace (?)
    Coast of Tranquility (?)
    Mutant Domain
    Pleasant Meadows
    Omni Forest
    Greater Omni Forest
    Milky Way
    Andromeda
    Stret East Bank
    Southern Artery Valley

Discussion is welcome. Official clarification is welcome to! (hint, hint)
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

* Athens and West Athens: Vanguards. Watchers, and Blades.

* Omni-1 and all its related districts: Unicorns, AF, Pol, and others.

* Borealis patrolled by AF and Unicorns.

* Sabulum: Neutrals, not much in terms of jurisdiction

* Southern Fouls Hills: Somewhat wild but small population of Omni-AF

* Eastern Foul Plains: AF + Mercenary groups.

*Milky Way: I would have thought it was mostly unmonitored past the wall. Heavy Omni-AF on left side of the map, while the right side used to populated by Cyborgs and Primus Gangs. Since Primus camps no longer exist in there, I have to assume some of them reorganized. But still, its indicative of a feudal structure past the wall.

*Southern Artery Valley: Another no mans land outside of 10-3.

*Belial Forest: Heavy clan presence in the south, thanks to the dreadloch encampment. Also, Wine itself seems to be patrolled by Watchers. Between the gates of either is mostly epic bush however.

*Avalon: Knights in the north, Omni-AF in the south.

*The Longest Road. Omni-Med/Research/Pol in the west. Watchers and Dreadloch camp in the East.

*Last Ditch, ICC Assembly, and Meetmedere: All ICC Peacekeepers.

*2H0 and 30k: Clearly Omni-AF

*Four Holes: Unionist Divisions.

*Tir, Tir County, and Greater Tir County: Watchers in the outposts, with heavy Patroller and Sentinel presence within the city proper. EDIT: Found a tiny lone Omni outpost in the very very east of the map, just south of the Cyborg barracks, near the border.

*Mutant Domain: Pretty much a no man's land outside of the player cities located there.

*Galway County: Galway County Rangers.

*Galway Shire: Never managed to see if there were any rangers in the Shire.

*Andromeda proper: Looks very Omni-AF, but it seems somewhat laid back there, mostly.

*Add Edit - Newland: Militia.

thats really all I can think of at the moment. I am not saying this is canon, but only what I see when I'm actually in those zones.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Oct 20th, 2010 at 17:19:37.

Great idea, now would these jurisdictions be for anyone who says "I'm Omni-Pol" or would it be more areas where Omni pol players could choose from.
    It's my feeling that most officers would really only have jurisdiction over a one or a few cities that would be assigned too them. That's not to say they wouldn't work with and help other officers in other areas.
    But I do like the idea of areas where Omni-pol would normally operate. (so happy not to see newland on the list lol). I would watch the areas that are really there for player cities, such as the Coast areas. Mainly because with the amount that cities cost plus rent, I would pretty much tell players and Events were too go if they tried pulling something in my city. RP or not, I'm not about to be bossed around for someones lame story or powertrip in something I shell out a lot of creds for.
    Other then that I do like a lot of the areas you have listed. Good job. Nice to see people trying to come up with standards for others to agree on and follow. I've always felt the lack of solid source material work with kind of kills rp.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Wouldn't pol be like any other police charter? they are tied to specific precincts within cities, at least in the US anyway.

How i and OPAD used to do it was this:

We have overall jurisdiction in any Omni-Tek zone, (city or area surrounding the city), this included Borealis. Neutral Zones would also fall under our juridsticion should it be within the best interest of the company, and be a matter of national security. This excludes Newland as any activities within Newland need to be authorized by the NLC. Obviously over departments maybe active aswell in the area such as AF but it falls directly to the resonsiblities of OP to protect Omni-Tek's citizens and establishments. Therefore any Omni-Tek zone, is under the juridsiction of OP.

However OPAD was split into seperate internal departments. OPAD Command; which held all the Senior Staff obviously ran the overall Division. But i had 'Region Commanders' for example for Rome there would be a Region Commander with his or her own small unit directly responsible for Rome; and other Region Commanders and units for other regions such as the various Omni-1's.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

In my opinion, Omni-Pol can go anywhere apart from Newland where the clan- sympetisers has made some kind of independence document.
    As far as i know, no other place have this sort of blessing from Bod
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Uhh Cora... I hate to rain on your parade here, but no player has any official authority on anything, to the best of my knowledge. I am quite certain you may RP within a certain limits, but I have yet to see any documentation that allows any one player such free reign to call the shots in the way you describe. Even the Newland Ministers with have a responsibility to a certain degree, its not absolute... and never was.

And, considering Alpha Division is mostly a skewed entity these days... its a dead org, and you're not even in it. That kinda says quite a bit.

That being said, no modern system of law enforcement today exists on such international terms that does not have a supportive chain of command and inter-departmental liason. This stops local and governmental bodies from stepping all over each other. This goes as high as InterPol, which works under the same ethics as other body. The higher up the chain you go, as well, you are even far more constricted to the role.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Oct 17th, 2010 at 23:47:30.

Officer 'Agentcora' Geers
    Director of Omni-Pol Alpha Division
    omnipol.freeforums.org was removed for inactivity on Jun 23, 2010.
    fail?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Ok. The OP asked about juridstiction for Omni-Pol. If you read my post it says "this is how i and OPAD >> used << to do it."" Meaning in the past when the org was active. So comments about my org now seems a little irrelevant to the post and contributes nothing. The fact is when OPAD was around it was one of the largest Omni-Pol RP orgs on our server and was very active and housed alot of members.

I have also been playing as since 2004/5 and the only places that we were specifically told we didn't have juridstiction was Newland and Clan held terrorities. So my former post would be accurate unless things have now changed.

Also, lets say that OPAD was active and alive again. Saying that we have juridstiction in any Omni-Tek zone would mean that we could actively patrol it and run small events in, such as training drills etc. This doesn't mean that we can do anything we like. Any arrests made need to be authorized from Omni-Pol Command (ARK) - anything to do with official storyline, again we would need authorization from either the Board of Directors or Omni-Pol Command; both being ARK.

So to re-iterate - In my opinion and how i and my org used to judge juridstiction was that we had it practically in any area other than Clan areas and Newland. However that being said, we would still need authorization from Omni-Pol Command (ARK) to carry out some events.

**Edit**

I did forget to address one point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    Wouldn't pol be like any other police charter? they are tied to specific precincts within cities, at least in the US anyway.
    As far as i am aware and from what i've seen, no. The only people that are specifically assigned to one area would be the 'Galaway Rangers'. Other than that i would assume a simular method is used than what used to be used in OPAD with having all of Omni-Pol cover the area but having small units assigned to actively patrol that area. - Again this is only as far as i am aware.

--
    Zeeponz. Wow, the org website has moved and i haven't updated my signature. Sue me. What fails is your lack of healthy contribution to this thread.
    Last edited by Agentcora; Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:48:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Ok. The OP asked about juridstiction for Omni-Pol. If you read my post it says "this is how i and OPAD >> used << to do it."" Meaning in the past when the org was active. So comments about my org now seems a little irrelevant to the post and contributes nothing. The fact is when OPAD was around it was one of the largest Omni-Pol RP orgs on our server and was very active and housed alot of members.
    Your old org did quite a few things that didn't make sense to us. That being said, just because thats how things 'used' to be done, doesn't make any of it as a measure of true authority. Once more, part of role play is keeping things to form. If you operate too far outside that form that you have meant to impress on people, tend to give mixed results. It might seem relevant to you, however this is about interaction... if people have taken that you seem off your rocker and on a power trip, well thats the impression you left.. and that's the impression you can either deal with, or ignore entirely and well just assume its a power play unless somehow you can prove otherwise. That's the difficultly in setting your role so high, so I hope you had a good solid plan on how to enact it.

And, OPAD was not that big at all. Compared to Omni-trans (now Directive 7) AF Bravo Unit, OPBI, and EF.. your old org ranked last. The only two contributing members I recall you having at all, was yourself and Hotdelicious, who very few of us also took seriously.

I have also been playing as since 2004/5 and the only places that we were specifically told we didn't have juridstiction was Newland and Clan held terrprities. So my former post would be accurate unless things have now changed.
    So then, you would have people believe that solely you, from a misrepresented dead org that belongs within a power frame that makes sense to only you, has absolute jurisdiction and authority within everywhere BUT Newland and Clan Territories...? I am going to have to check your credentials on that, because I can tell you with absolute certainty, no one I can think of is going to go along with your plan.

Also, lets say that OPAD was active and alive again. Saying that we have juridstiction in any Omni-Tek zone would mean that we could actively patrol it and run small events in, such as training drills etc. This doesn't mean that we can do anything we like. Any arrests made need to be authorized from Omni-Pol Command (ARK) - anything to do with official storyline, again we would need authorization from either the Board of Directors or Omni-Pol Command; both being ARK.
    Even then, you're only placing one group of authority higher than yourself, and thats the BoD. That's still well above the red line for a power play. That's kind of on par with telling christians that the only higher authority than you, is God. Do you see where I am going with this? That means you aren't even beholden to your own Omni-tek fellow roleplayers. You offer no diplomacy other than your own personal whim. That's what we call a loose cannon.

So to re-iterate - In my opinion and how i and my org used to judge juridstiction was that we had it practically in any area other than Clan areas and Newland. However that being said, we would still need authorization from Omni-Pol Command (ARK) to carry out some events.
    And since its a well known fact that the BoD does not offer a "mission like" system of interaction, then you're waiting for orders on high that will never come. Again, this paints you into a picture where the only person you ever need answer to, is yourself. That, is a power play, and that is why a good number of us can't take anything you've done seriously. You placed yourself in a role of absolute authority, and in doing so... following any real life examples as a measuring tool, this means someone with that level of authority is constrained a bit.

For example: When was the last time you saw a High Justice of the Supreme Court of the USA walk into a bar in rural texas to arrest a drunk for indecent exposure? That's the kind of thing I am talking about. Jurisdiction has far more limits than you realize.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Oct 18th, 2010 at 17:19:28.

Your old org did quite a few things that didn't make sense to us. That being said, just because thats how things 'used' to be done, doesn't make any of it as a measure of true authority. Once more, part of role play is keeping things to form. If you operate too far outside that form that you have meant to impress on people, tend to give mixed results. It might seem relevant to you, however this is about interaction... if people have taken that you seem off your rocker and on a power trip, well thats the impression you left.. and that's the impression you can either deal with, or ignore entirely and well just assume its a power play unless somehow you can prove otherwise. That's the difficultly in setting your role so high, so I hope you had a good solid plan on how to enact it.

And, OPAD was not that big at all. Compared to Omni-trans (now Directive 7) AF Bravo Unit, OPBI, and EF.. your old org ranked last. The only two contributing members I recall you having at all, was yourself and Hotdelicious, who very few of us also took seriously.
    You are getting mixed up with events and orgs that occured before OPAD, things that were not mine, but Hotdelicious's. Granted i was involved but meerly a lowbie following orders. I don't understand how i can be on a power play or setting my role so high. All Cora is, is a leader of a Division aka org. Her rank in Omni-Pol is unstated but left at Officer as only ARK can give you a proper rank, other than that she is the Director of Division. Which is completey pheasable.

OPAD was much more active than what you think, as i said you are mixing up orgs - OPAD had many contributing Officers; and all the events which were hosted by OPAD were very pheasable and low-key. Which also were recieved extremely well and ended up in gathering alot of friends from the different Omni orgs.

So then, you would have people believe that solely you, from a misrepresented dead org that belongs within a power frame that makes sense to only you, has absolute jurisdiction and authority within everywhere BUT Newland and Clan Territories...? I am going to have to check your credentials on that, because I can tell you with absolute certainty, no one I can think of is going to go along with your plan.
    No again you misunderstand. Omni-Pol has jurisdiction anywhere other than Clan areas or Newland. This is ARK Omni-Pol not player. This would make sense as the planet is leased to Omni-Tek and it is Omni-Pol's responsibility to protect Omni-Tek citizens and establishments. This doesn't mean that *only* Omni-Pol has jurisdiction, other departments will obviously be active aswell and in their own jurisdiction, such as Omni-AF - which regularly patrol in the same areas as Pol. What i said was that affiliates would be able to patrol and run small events within their jurisdiction but would require authorization from Omni-Pol Command (ARK) to actually arrest people or do larger events. So this isn't my power frame at all.

Even then, you're only placing one group of authority higher than yourself, and thats the BoD. That's still well above the red line for a power play. That's kind of on par with telling christians that the only higher authority than you, is God. Do you see where I am going with this? That means you aren't even beholden to your own Omni-tek fellow roleplayers. You offer no diplomacy other than your own personal whim. That's what we call a loose cannon.
    Again incorrect. As i said, OPAD used to patrol other areas, but we would need authorization from Omni-Pol Command to do large events or arrest someone. That is already something above. Anyone who roleplayed as Omni-InternOps were seen as above me which they should be and we roleplayed in that manner. Ask Cylie for that one; same applied for Vinwooke from Reform. Also Cora sees Gustavis now as more senior than her. You don't have as far as i am aware a Omni roleplaying character. Therefore you have not had the oppurtunity to see that Cora actually holds many other Omni roleplayers above her.

And since its a well known fact that the BoD does not offer a "mission like" system of interaction, then you're waiting for orders on high that will never come. Again, this paints you into a picture where the only person you ever need answer to, is yourself. That, is a power play, and that is why a good number of us can't take anything you've done seriously. You placed yourself in a role of absolute authority, and in doing so... following any real life examples as a measuring tool, this means someone with that level of authority is constrained a bit.
    Incorrect, i have a few assignments from the BoD at the moment, and i have regularly mailed the Events team about investigations and a few other things that Cora has been involved with; allowing me to get missions and orders that way; again pretty much all involved people higher than Cora including players. So not at all does Cora only answer to herself.

For example: When was the last time you saw a High Justice of the Supreme Court of the USA walk into a bar in rural texas to arrest a drunk for indecent exposure? That's the kind of thing I am talking about. Jurisdiction has far more limits than you realize.
    Yet again you seem to get the impression that Cora is some high ranked Omni Official. She may act superiour but thats her personality. As i said i purposely only call her 'Officer' so that i don't go above what rank i should be acting, and as i again have said Cora acts and knows that there are many people above her, including players. The last time she spoke with Cylie all Cora get spatting out was "yes ma'am, bla bla ma'am." and acted very nervous for being around a superiour.

You are changing this thread into an argument about OPAD which i do not want to do. This thread need not be derailed. If you would like PM me about this.

Sorry, but your actions speak louder then words. This is not derailment, I am trying to hold you to the letter of your word. You keep trying to hide it behind some glass ideal that you can't even fully explain realistically. So when I press the query, its because you're not doing a great job of establishing credibility.

I haven't gotten any other impression than the one you leave behind you. Sorry its not to your liking, but only you have the power to change that. If you want your fellow Roleplayers to understand Agentcora's presence in RP and what shes about, you should try to build up something that other people can digest to make it seem far more plausible. Since Cora is clearly propagating her own PR, certainly this must have crossed your mind at some point.

Because right now, the impression that Agentcora has left, seems to indicate you have made up this entire thing to benefit yourself without any sort of thought at all behind it. She comes off as imperialist, being the judge - jury - and executor of everything she feels she can meddle in, and this is primarily done away from other established presences in game to avoid any sort of casual roleplay opposition.

If that's the presence you wished to establish, then well done. If it's not what you meant, then you might wanna alter your trajectory a bit.

But know this, in the event that your bubble touches other bubbles.. ie, posting in Editor's News, you should expect that once that floor has been opened, you're going to get a plethora of reactions, and not all of them you are going to like. But, these reactions will depend on how you establish presence. Its all up to you, really.

Ok people, I DID NOT post here for people to get into a @#$%@#$% contest. All I wanted was some clarification of what territories and Cities constitute (canon) Omni-Tek territory that Omni-Pol had jurisdiction in.

What I'm TRYING to do is get some guidelines so that my org and others on RK1 have a general idea where we can role-play within the scope of the corporate structure. If you want to have a *who has the biggest epeen*, please take somewhere else.

I was just hoping that maybe, just maybe OTPC could come out with a reminder that Citizens in the following areas come under Corporate Jurisdiction and to act accordingly. I did not want to open up a can of worms about this org or that org. So, if the moderator wishes to remove this post it will be fine with me and I'll take my request to events-feedback@g-mail.com.

(Atlantean)

formerly

As frustrated as you appear to be, this IS a big can of worms. Entire institutions reaching every nation on the planet, attempting to get along due to laws and consent.. that is the biggest can of worms you can open here, especially rife in politically driven roleplay as this one.

You would also be well to know that any information given from anyone will help give any player reading it, enough idea to grant an educated guess as to how jurisdiction may work. If you just give a skeleton of the idea, then you leave a huge amount of grey area... and people are well known to exploit grey areas for personal gain.

Jurisdictions are a system of checks, balances, authority, and cooperation. Of course its easy to think its a pissing contest, but its a civil one.

Sorry nadab, i initially just wanted to let you know what i used to do in the hope it would help. I really didn't want to kill your thread. Apologies

Bubba please see here. I'd like to sort this.

Zeeponz. Wow, the org website has moved and i haven't updated my signature. Sue me. What fails is your lack of healthy contribution to this thread.
    Ummm... dude, just coz you're filling your pants over other stuff, don't be whinin' at me.

I just pointed it out so you could update it. If you wanna be an ass about it, be my guest.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Here is how I approach this from an RP perspective: (and note this is not Events or FC Cannon.. just how I approach jurisdiction questions and the recommendations I would give to an LTC to follow in general)

perceptions of various characters is going to be quite different based on their faction.

Omni employees can in many cases feel they have a right to call the shots on the whole planet. And initially they could. But current realities are that based on rulings by ICC, and the subsequent granting of certain areas to the Clans, and various organizations/clans (thinking here Player cities actually), these rights are somewhat limited. Citizens of other factions, the Clans, the Neutrals have perhaps strong feelings about areas they feel they have a right to patrol or protect.

A good rule of thumb generally is look at the NPCs guarding the area. Are they Omni NPCs (be they unicorn, AF or Pol?)... are they Clan (be they watchers, patrollers, sentinels..etc) ... are they neutral, (ICC or Militia). The I would RP the authority in that area to basically match that already displayed by in game characters.
    Last edited by Ninanna; Oct 18th, 2010 at 21:33:47.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Thank you Ninanna. I can work with this. I wasn't looking for something to set in stone, just a general guideline that I can use at our Field Ops training sessions.

(Atlantean)

formerly

I was once told that in areas were ICC patrols the area its still omni but that they allowed Icc patrols there cause those areas arent high priorticed by OT (not talking bout ICC and Newland)
    The Red Brotherhood

From an Omni-Tek pov, since the treaty with the clans is nullified, the whole planet is theirs.

In reality, not a chance. Aliens, DB, Borgs and a ton of other threats besides the clans holding most of the terraformed northern territories keep OT from making a move against the clans in force (that and ICC stopping them from a full orbital bombardment plan). It's just too many enemies on too many fronts (thus the unicorns giving CLANNERS missions to handle DB and Alien threats).

I think Towerblock has it right with his list.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast