Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK2] OTPC Freelance: Borealis - Solved at Last!

[RK2] OTPC Freelance: Borealis - Solved at Last!

Borealis - Solved at Last!
    October 15, 29484 - Agent Cora [Rimor]

OTPC - Borealis one of the most controversial cities on our planet, famous for it’s high crime rates has finally been declared crime free by Omni-Pol.

It has long been established that Borealis city had the highest crime rates than any other place on Rubi-Ka. Omni-Pol has been in a mighty struggle in an attempt to make this crime ridden chaotica into a quiet safe suburban area; and it has finally happened!

Agent Cora Geers, the Director of a local Omni-Pol Division has been working with the citizens of Borealis and a number of Omni-Tek employees over the past few weeks. After launching several initiatives; citizens can now safely walk through the city and witness it’s peace and beauty rather than the outright horrific amount of fighting that used to take place. Also undoubtedly directly related, the number of incidents that occurred with citizens ’testing’ Unicorn defenses located at the nearby Satellite Dish has fallen to a minimal level. The local residents of Borealis along with many Omni-Tek employees have given Omni-Pol their thanks for finally sorting the city out, and a slight increase in Clan citizens seeking employment from the Omni-Tek Recruitment Agency within the city has also been noted as an outcome from the success.

Officer Geers wished to take this time to deliver a quick message to any person traveling through Borealis:

“ I would just like to thank the many citizens that aided Omni-Tek in making your home a safe place to live. The sort of protection that you gain when in Omni-1 areas should now be expected within the limits of Borealis city. Any citizen that is concerned about their own or the welfare of the city I would like to invite into my private office so that we can discuss a way forward, together. I do not want what we have now achieved undermined by a small minority. Once again thank you for your help and co-operation.”
    Last edited by Editor: OTPC; Oct 15th, 2010 at 22:39:25.

So, with all the bullet scoring on pretty much every face of every building, the blood all over streets, at least 33% of the native population stacked on the reclaim pad like cordwood - all of which are suffering various stages of Rezz sickness, that is clearly a group hallucination, yes?

INSANITY! OUR LIVES ARE IN SHAMBLES! WE REQUIRE PIE!

Did OTPC forget to file this under "wishful thinking" ?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Either that or someone has a funny definition of law and lawlessness.

Well done officer. Lets just hope the few negative voices that are left tries to make any trubble again. Good to hear that Borialis is liberated from these useless drunks and vermins.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Littering ain't a crime on RK2, huh? Bums.

Truthfully they didn't solve anything. They just forced criminals into Newland City where the crime rate is skyrocketing. Thanks again OP.

Leader of Newland City Militia
    I do not normally chime in on these public discussions. I tend to leave such matters to those with a more comfortable rapor with the general public, such as Mayor King. But I believe this is a comment I must address, as head of the Newland Militia.

There is no skyrocketing to the crime rate in Newland City. In fact since the Newland citizens, and other friends of note stepped in and helped us rid the city of the influence of the Shadowland Compendium, and their thugs, the level of reported crime has been at an extremely low levels. Even the aliens have been for the most part leaving this city in peace.

This does not mean that we for one second will be lowering our guard or vigilance concerning either the criminal element, nor the threat of outside dangers, such as the alien threat.

I will not tolerate trouble makers in this city. No matter what faction, gender or race.

Anyone who has an issue they do not feel is resolved, is free to bring this to my personal attention.

General Anthony Hekkat
    Newland Militia
    Last edited by General Hekkat; Oct 17th, 2010 at 00:59:41.
    General Anthony Hekkat

Quote Originally Posted by General Hekkat View Post

I will not tolerate trouble makers in this city. No matter what faction, gender or race.
    Yay! Three cheers for the big man!

It's good to hear issues in Borealis are dying down; however, I wasn't aware the city had such a high crime rate. I had thought once the ICC dueling system was introduced many of the infractions were reduced to small numbers. This is not to say I was not aware of tensions between some Neutrals and Omni-Tek. Which I guess leads me to the question of what kind of crime is being discussed here? Is it a case of random muggings and robberies that have been lowered, or has the Borealis Freedom Fighters all been arrested?

In my meetings with Administrator Lonare, she had never once brought up problems with crime in the city, even after Newland City had offered some help to her and Borealis, her main concern was always on easing tension between Omni-Tek and the Neutral citizens of Borealis.

As far as Newland City is concerned, I'm not sure what skyrocketing crime rate is being discussed here? As General Hekkat has already stated, Newland City's unofficial motto has been "Trouble makers will not be tolerated within the city".

If anything, with the advent of recent publications tensions in Newland between the other factions has died down greatly giving the city a the most relaxed atmosphere it's has seen in a long time.

Beta "Foosball33" Cross
    Foreign Affairs Newland City
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Just a couple of things i'd like to comment on...

Number 1: Borealis, compared to what it was like a few weeks ago is majorly and obviously different. There are less people loitering and there is certainly no fighting anymore. Any trouble which has kicked off has been swiftly resolved. So to the citizen saying this is wishfull thinking, not exactly as this has happened.

Number 2: Newland. Omni-Pol has not gathered all the criminals from Borealis and "gathered them into Newland causing skyrocketing crime". The criminals in Borealis were dealt with there and are now either serving out sentances or have been through reformation sessions and are now better citizens. Any other issue with Newland should be brought to the attention of the Newland Council.

Finally, as i have already said. If anyone has any issues or concerns with Borealis, please catch me on my personal comm unit and i'll arrange a meeting with you, and we can set a way forward.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Wow. All official and everything. You sound like its your own personal fiefdom now.

Last I heard, officials of Borealis already existed. I wonder what they think of this posturing?

I would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens of Borealis, and ALL Omni-Tek employees, that they can contact MY office if they wish to raise any concerns regarding Borealis.

All queries directed through the proper channels will be addressed in due course.

As for claims about Newland, I can confirm that we take the matter of properly rehabilitating offenders very seriously, and would have no concievable reason to take any action which raised crime rates in Newland City, as such actions would only damage our own income from trade. Anyone found to be spreading such rumours is clearly no friend of Borealis, or its people.

Crime free?

Call me a blasphemer, as I'm a Omni-Tek employee, but isn't a utopian situation such as this impossible? I think it's time to give the bureaucrats a break or two from writing such drivel and improve the guards from target-practice quality.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Borealis does house it's own Omni-Tek officials, such as Administrator Lonare, which i'd like to thank for offering her valuable time and Office.

You will find that i am very passionate about my work, i find that meeting with citizens so we can discuss their concerns and address them properly reduces the chance of them feeling ignored and having to make a large, disruptive display about it; which in turn could turn out into a riot. This is exactly what i aim to prevent, as a member of Omni-Pol - it is my job.

So then, you cleaned up Borealis on Admin Lonare's behalf? She asked you to do this for her?

My orders or the origins of my orders needn't be discussed. As a member of Omni-Pol i helped reduce crime in one of Omni-Tek's flagged areas. You should be happy that Omni-Tek cares about crime and does something about it ; rather than create crime like the Clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    My orders or the origins of my orders needn't be discussed. As a member of Omni-Pol i helped reduce crime in one of Omni-Tek's flagged areas. You should be happy that Omni-Tek cares about crime and does something about it ; rather than create crime like the Clans.
    You have solved nothing. Time and time again I see guards not lift a finger against some of the clans that come on here and vent their frustrations on many of our Omni-Tek employees. Also, you seem to be quick to point out that clans are crime-starting war-mongering jackasses who sully the natural order of such established individuals such as ourselves; being a businessman, sometimes my deals run outside our borders, and I can tell you I've made some friendly contacts with clans who see the war the same way I do; an unnecessary fight for a plentiful resource. Do I support their actions? No, course not; every Omni-Tek employee is worth keeping alive and healthy. But I'm not going to walk into Borealis and expect a utopia based on your words and your supposed actions, sweetie.

By the way - Division 9 PlasmaProjectors? Really? Even some of our trainees scoff at such ancient weaponry. Tell those guards to contact me; I can hook them up with weapons that'll tear holes through the best armor around.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I would like to know where these supposed vents of frustration are taking place. As far as what has been seen by many citizens both Neutral and Omni-Tek is a vast improvement.

As for guard weaponary, without going into specific details hopefully there might be some changes within the near future. So your offer, as generous as it is; is not nessecary.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    If you are there on behalf of Omni-tek, then why be so shy as to show proof of it? I think you're hiding something. I am still waiting to hear if Admin Lonare really did 'offer' her office to you personally, as you have insinuated already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast