Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Want to fix tl7 pvp?

AO is broke. Nerf everyone, BUT, start with AS and the bloody 1he/1hb issues FIRST, so the rest of us can actually enjoy ourselves for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    That's stupid.
    Docs, Advys, Engis, Crats were competing just fine before the AS pistol. I don't know what rock you've been living under. So yes, you're wrong.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Docs, Advys, Engis, Crats were competing just fine before the AS pistol. I don't know what rock you've been living under. So yes, you're wrong.
    Exactly.

That doesn't mean it's right that Enfs are throwing perks from both lines like they are.
    Actually, it's very right ... FC intent to reverse their decision to lock out those 1hb/1he perks according to the new perk documentation. As for AS pistol, I will just say again, there isn't anything wrong with the pistol itself. It's AS that's the problem.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

agreed
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Actually, it's very right ... FC intent to reverse their decision to lock out those 1hb/1he perks according to the new perk documentation. As for AS pistol, I will just say again, there isn't anything wrong with the pistol itself. It's AS that's the problem.
    FC is reversing the lockout BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK. There's no point in keeping something broken around. Instead, they obviously favored the approach of nerfing the lines (particularly 1he) to make using both lines a hinderance. That's not the same as intending a profession to use both lines.

AS on a one-handed weapon that allows those professions to use very nice 80% check perks, have support in their symbiants, research, perks, and armor, and dual wield for more proc chances, and that gives an extremely consistent AS. And the only problem you see there is AS itself? Are you kidding me?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Nope, not kidding you ... you think it's unreasonable to give people perks and other working things that other profs have access to in PVP? Seems you think yes. I don't.

Honestly, I don't care what the motivation is for the reverse, the point is that they are doing it, so it's dumb to think it's not intended, whether FC like it or not. I also don't see a nerf on 1HE perks, at least nothing that doesn't unreasonably align them with other perklines ... what was it?
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 19th, 2010 at 18:27:11.

who is Obtena ingame?

Who is Chewy1 ingame? I will show you mine if you show me yours.

Nope, not kidding you ... you think it's unreasonable to give people perks and other working things that other profs have access to in PVP? Seems you think yes. I don't.

Honestly, I don't care what the motivation is for the reverse, the point is that they are doing it, so it's dumb to think it's not intended, whether FC like it or not. I also don't see a nerf on 1HE perks, at least nothing that doesn't unreasonably align them with other perklines ... what was it?
    Pre-changes: A lockout exists. Using both perklines was not intended, but a failed design and no motivation to change it again keeps it in game (not an exploit, just not intended).
    Post-changes: A lockout does not exist. Using both perklines is intended, but the benefits are diminished.

I'm not gonna look it up, but I seem to recall 1he was hit hardest by the def check changes. I could be wrong, but the changes definitely hurt 1hb/1he.

And yes, I think it's unreasonable to provide professions with a consitent damage special that never misses, along with the proc chances from dual wielding, and perks that are /easymode to land on people while using weapons that crank out sick damage numbers and wielding massive godmode heals + malp, or pets that hit hard, or that stupid AOE fear, etc.

Meanwhile, other professions suffer through specials that DO miss, or procs that are garbage or never fire, or frequently missing perks even when sacrificing tons of defense for an AR setup, while shooting garbage weapons with damage templates akin to 1-handed weapons. Or worse, a combonation of 2+ of these.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

And yes, I think it's unreasonable to provide professions with a consitent damage special that never misses, ...
    Because this is an AS 'pistol' problem not an AS problem right?

All that other stuff you posted is par for the course that is AO PVP. Hell, some of it isn't even related to AS pistols, so I'm not even going to bother with it. Again, you're all just attributing things you don't like to something that's not it's cause of those things. It's called the scapegoat. AS pistol is a scapegoat for your PVP miseries.

The best part? You know AS is getting nerfed. You could care less as long as AS pistol is nerfed because it's the root of all evil according to you. AS pistol is going to suck ultimate ballz on most pistol profs with a 3 second, interruptable AS. Must be nice being ignorant.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 19th, 2010 at 20:18:49.

Who is Chewy1 ingame? I will show you mine if you show me yours.
    You first.

p.s. if you aren't a pvper gtfo of this thread.

Nah, that's OK, I think I will stay a while.

Number0007, who are you..?
    Last edited by Chewy1; Oct 19th, 2010 at 21:37:20.

OH, I'm nobody you would know, even if I did tell you.

OH, I'm nobody you would know, even if I did tell you.
    If your nobody I would know then you obviously don't pvp enough to know about anything that has to do with this thread.

So who are you?

I vote chewy come back to RK2 and wallop some nubcakes.

and NERf the damn AS pistol plx.

Because this is an AS 'pistol' problem not an AS problem right?
    Because Tiger wielding Crats and Docs were so much more potent than Pistol wielding ones...

Seriously, you are by far the most "head up ass" person on this entire forum.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Because Tiger wielding Crats and Docs were so much more potent than Pistol wielding ones...

Seriously, you are by far the most "head up ass" person on this entire forum.
    Could not agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I vote chewy come back to RK2 and wallop some nubcakes.

and NERf the damn AS pistol plx.
    If I could cross over servers I would, trust me

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast