Thread: Friday with Means - October 8th, 2010 - Pics it did happen

Soli head looking ev0l, naice...looking forward to teh halloween phats
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

*rawr*

Nice sky. Looks like the Rubi-Ka wilderness really will become my home again.....

*rawr*

that mystery pic is clearly a blender

Nice sky

<insert head joke here>

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    hope the mystery pic is not a portable toliet ?
    Nope, it's Galvatron's privates... I just wanna know wth it has got to do with Halloween!?
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Zonax View Post
    Yeah Cyprus vs Norway .

Michalis Konstantinou is a pretty good player, rest of the team i duno, the norwegian players
    are all stars i haven't seen the build yet, but i am sure its going to be the same as with last EM qualification match.
    Well Drillo knows how to do it so .. guess Il be watching some football tonigth then...
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Finally, new pictures of the engine.

It will be pretty ironic when the engine is released as a pioneer for some nice effects and attention to the detail. If I read right, the suns will act like their own light sources and RK's light will really look special. I love irony.

Proceed!
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Very cool pics, btw I know what the new mystery jpeg is... it's a futuristic hovering Segway!! So what do I win??

Sky: I'm curious why everyone is digging the sky pics so much? They look like something I could make with a couple of uses of the Gaussian Blur effect in Photoshop back in 1996! I like the lighting effects, though, and it is probable that the sky will look ALOT better in an animated form in game. But, this screenshot just doesn't quite do it for me.

Heads: Some really good work there, for the most part. I am still a little concerned with the skin coloring on the Nanomage and the Opifex. It seems like the designers are moving in the direction of making those two races appear more human-like rather than sticking to the story lore. It isn't like the Nanomages and Opifex were colored gray because of budget or technical constraints. They are intended to look the way they do. Maybe there will be some creative RP retcon to explain why they all suddenly have tanned skin?

Mystery Pic: I'm just going to throw this out there... I think it looks like a blender. A blender for WHAT depends on how large it actually is.
    Last edited by Amosco; Oct 8th, 2010 at 18:28:19.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Did you hear the segway inventor died falling off a cliff using his invention? how ironic is that.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Finally, new pictures of the engine.

It will be pretty ironic when the engine is released as a pioneer for some nice effects and attention to the detail. If I read right, the suns will act like their own light sources and RK's light will really look special. I love irony.

Proceed!
    How is any of that ironic?

The new pics look good to me, the sky has potential that I imagine is best realized in motion or lighting other objects. Right now it looks like Finland in the morning in Spring, I'd guess, which is kind of a niche mood.

The line drawing appears to be for a new encounter.

I'd like the halloween sequence to start and I'd like the new engine to be delivered within a few months. Means, make it so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Looks dasm nice... That includes the heads...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Did you hear the segway inventor died falling off a cliff using his invention? how ironic is that.
    He wasn't the inventor. He was the guy who bought the company a couple of years ago. The inventor is still alive and working on building some sort of futuristic prosthetic arm and hand.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

It's another chair that we most likely cannot recline in, cannot attack or heal or do anything in other than sit in bor on a glorified visual chatroom because there's nothing to do in AO, or anyone to do anything with. Once again, rebalance looks to be another 18 months out at this rate. I hope you all at FC recognize that the playerbase is getting frustrated watching you castrate professions, boost professions, and waiting for their professions turn.
    He committed suicide... He purposefully drove a segway off of a cliff. I'm not sure that classifies as ironic.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

IF Dean Kamen died EVERYONE would hear about it, the guy's done more to help our every day life than most people know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Kamen
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

That particular hairline on the opifex female models makes them look really hideous.
    The tattoos on all the models still look kinda pasted on.

Usually I don't make it a point to critique someone else's art, but ever since I started playing I found them to be somewhat off. I do hope there is some plans in the works to really touch up on the uglier faces (from all the breeds) because the worst of them seem a bit slapdash and uninspired to begin with.

Talking

Thanks for learning me stuff Technogen

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    IF Dean Kamen died EVERYONE would hear about it, the guy's done more to help our every day life than most people know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Kamen

Maybe the mystery device is not actually a Pumpkin catapult... maybe it is a variation on Karmen's awesome invention: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/16/man_slinger/

we need this in AO....
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Seriously Dean Kamen is my denim covered hero.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Those heads are looking so much better than anything previewed before. The sky looks nifty too.

/me hopes for engidoc next week

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

PLEAsE
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

"Phasefront Loungemaster - The Hollow Throne" ?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast