Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 8th, 2010 - Pics it did happen

Sky and heads looking good

Sky: Still want to see the suns rising and some night sky pics
    how about posting those with AA turned on, even if you just force it from the video card handler (if that option is not yet configureable from inside the game)

Heads: looking very good now. There will be some gripes but the artists clearly finally got the styles right now.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

hope the mystery pic is not a portable toliet ?
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Raaste View Post
    why does everyone want the docs...you can't pvp on paper!! :P
    I came back around January this year because it looked then like re-balance was something imminent.

We're October now, that's one year after the first drafts of the perk docs were issued.

So yes, I'm not interested in seeing opifex or trox heads atm, sorry, or some new chairs, I'd like rebalance to be complete.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBstrd View Post
    I was here
    Pics or it didnt happen!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Too much blue spam, GET TO WORK! I'M PAYING FOR YOUR WAGES!!!

Nah... Still, those godrays are quite awesome, maybe bit overdone...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Too much blue spam, GET TO WORK! I'M PAYING FOR YOUR WAGES!!!

Nah... Still, those godrays are quite awesome, maybe bit overdone...
    It's all programmer art now. No artist has been given a chance to tweak anything yet.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

OMG Borealis has a really wicked sky atm! The heads are all very accurate up-conversions as well!!! Killer job AO Dev team! !

And the mystery screenshot looks like a new hover chair

Wow all the heads look great this time, not to cartoonie like some that have been shown in past. Nice lighting on screens, just wish AA was on . As for the mystery..... maybe a cyberdeck that shoots off special effects, or some kind of monitor, everyone already mentioned chair so guessing that is no fun.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

69th? O.o doh 70th!
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Its Friday go out have some drinks and play some pool nice work on the sky
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Mitamina View Post
    Its Friday go out have some drinks and play some pool nice work on the sky
    Yeah i am going out in 20 mins drinks and party, to day is always a great day for Norwegians football, i am sure allot of Norwegians like my self will be going out to day. Cheers to every one..and thanks again Means for making Friday a special day ..

I am still waiting for ninja added eng documentation.:/
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Zonax View Post
    Yeah i am going out in 20 mins drinks and party, to day is always a great day for Norwegians football, i am sure allot of Norwegians like my self will be going out to day. Cheers to every one..and thanks again Means for making Friday a special day ..
    Football today? Anyone playing who is worth looking at?
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Mitamina View Post
    Football today? Anyone playing who is worth looking at?
    Yeah Cyprus vs Norway .

Michalis Konstantinou is a pretty good player, rest of the team i duno, the norwegian players
    are all stars i haven't seen the build yet, but i am sure its going to be the same as with last EM qualification match.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Hmmm looks like the edges of buildings are still weary saw-like when there angled -.^
    Was hoping the new engine would tweek that...
    noticed that too, was flying through DAV earlier and was noticing how much clipping there was with the city and the ground. the needs to be fixed

Forgot to say: thanks for shareing the new images for sky textures, heads and the mystery picture

Hey means, any chance you could share some plans & insights into the sky & weather effects for new engine?

When weather effects are integrated into the engine (like regular thunder, storms, rain, fog and perhaps even snow effects) will they be exactly the same like the current engine show them or will they be estetically improved to an extend we have not seen before?

Also for some effects (like fog) would they be creatable as dynamic conditions (one moment not foggy and the next moment foggy).
    Will some / all effects be possible to be enabled or disabled if needed (like the storm effects can be pretty annoying and even very unpleasent for someone with epilepsee).

Will weather events be synced between all player clients too, because right now one person could have a storm while the other one has rain and a 3rd has bright sky or would this be too much additional workload / data traffic on the server?
    Last edited by thombgun10; Oct 8th, 2010 at 17:27:16. Reason: For proper thanks for shareing the images :)

Wicked excited for Halloween. Can't wait to see whatever that is. Heads are looking nice as well.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

pix = smex. Thanx AO bossman!
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast