Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using voices in ao good/bad??

oh oh...

I hope you can do voices in private chats. My bot would love it :-)

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Bio's got it.

Hopefully, instead of Diablo's *very* limited set, they'll follow the Tribes 2 mold and include very detailed menus.

For example, in T2 you hit:

v (voice)

And are given the options

T (team)
    S (self)
    G (global, prolly wouldn't make it into AO )
    B (base)
    V (quick messages)
    etc, etc...

Let's say you picked the V menu, the quickbinds.

You'd then get options like

H (Help!)
    N (No.)
    Y (Yes.)
    Q (Quiet.)
    A (Acknowledged.)
    C (Got you covered.)
    F (I've got the flag!)
    etc, etc.

If you used the S menu, you'd find options like

A (I will attack.)
    D (I will defend.)
    R (I will repair.)
    etc, etc.

So, to say "I will attack" you hit VSA. To reply "No." you hit VVN. Once you learn the binds, you can do this really quickly.

The system is pretty detailed, and very useful for communications amongst a team.

If FC implements a good system like this, detailed tree implementation, especially with replaceable binds (have a guild voicebind set for customized voices), then I'd definitely be happy with it.
    I think 'Need a bombardier' was VNB...I had to hit VNB sooo many times.. .

And Kiryat, funny in-character voicebinds like that would be funny. As in, 'Do it or I'll feed you to an eremite.'
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Angry Umm, can anyone say lag?

Oh, just a scary thought, if there is just normal voice chat out of a microphone, think of that while in Broken Shores steps. Uhhhhhh

Re: Umm, can anyone say lag?

Originally posted by teheran
    Oh, just a scary thought, if there is just normal voice chat out of a microphone, think of that while in Broken Shores steps. Uhhhhhh
    well.... if you can survive the lag, it would create a certain atmosphere....woudn't it? If so, wouldn't it serve it's purpose? (except the factored in lag)

Re: Umm, can anyone say lag?

Originally posted by teheran
    Everytime I've past those steps in the last two months, it's been a desolate ghost town.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12