Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It is over 20 000!!!Yes, notum repulsor nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    im sorry, where in my post was there math ?

also evades and nano resist only increase/decrease the chance of something landing, i thought you play this game. Therefore its all luck, if someone is nr8 you have more chance of killing them with ease, like every other profession, then winning the lottery. Yet people win the lottery all the time so ...
    If your brilliant analysis led you to the conclusion that just "casting more than twice" was a counter to NR, you obviously have difficulties with... well, just difficulties.

Not only do I play this game, but I moreover have tools devised by players with a way better grasp of game mechanics than you supporting what I say. If you manage to get the knack at that lil calculator before christmas 2013, you will realize you are being a buffoon and most unlikely stfu.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve
    also, it would now appear it is infact your math that is wrong. If any nr8 toons give you trouble, L2P, as you said to people complaining doubles and CB.
    And I think that comparison concludes superbly our symposium "Is running out of arguements a reason to stop arguing". If this is part of your masterplan to convince FC you're right, I would suggest a change in your strategic approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey
    As a shade I've extensively tested NR8, and you sir are bull****tin.

Almost NOTHING lands through NR8, I've had an NT try to land IU and he got it ONCE out of 35 times.
    Which incidentally is close from what Ebag's calc foresaw btw. Now, to wait a few more years that this simple truth makes its way in their mind...

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater
    Jeez, your knowledge of NT toolset is abysmally lacunary...
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:09:43.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Another typo because auno shows the same comments for shielding/guard.
    Forek @ 2006-08-29 21:01
    Wow, now's that showing some NT love!
    User Modify Nano attack damage modifier 150
    User Modify Nano attack damage modifier 200
    Does that mean modify nano damage 350?
    there's more but you get the point. Guard/Shield w/e its called gives you a massive damage increase that will make UI cap alot of the time, which will waste damage.
    the only stuff u know from nt is from reading AUNO?
    stop writeing here , srsly
    no NT uses nbs to duel
    I'm not going to argue with these because it will just go back and forth, suffice to say, maybe you are the one who isn't very good at pvp if you aren't good at killing engineers as an NT.
    didnt i alr say i'm NOT off focus ? i'm one of the best nt's on the server i never lose vs a engi in deff focus.
    Or, you know, you could just get them to cast a nano before the duel.
    So lets make a new suggestion. No opening the perk window inside a duel.
    Problem solved. Thread can be closed.
    people can perk NR outside of duels too.
    TL3 is dominated by lvl 90 nr perked agents, this topic is about NR perks at ALL lvl ranges not just 220 duels.

and just what would "not opening perk window in duels" change? people dont switch perks to NR during a duel lol
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by X-Styx-X View Post
    the only stuff u know from nt is from reading AUNO?
    stop writeing here , srsly
    no NT uses nbs to duel
    I use auno to find the names of the things you use. I don't hold in my head the names of everything tl7 NTs have for 3months while I'm not playing.

I could of just wrote "that nano with the long lockout you use that gives you lots of damage and a dtn." Instead I tried to find the name. Mostly for your sake.

didnt i alr say i'm NOT off focus ? i'm one of the best nt's on the server i never lose vs a engi in deff focus.
    Yeah, Def focus NT...sure is great versus an engineer. What exactly about def focus gives you an advantage versus engineers again?

people can perk NR outside of duels too.
    Yeah they can, just like you can run away or zone outside of duels. Just like I run away from NT's with "that nano with the long lockout you use that gives you lots of damage and a dtn." when in open PVP.

TL3 is dominated by lvl 90 nr perked agents, this topic is about NR perks at ALL lvl ranges not just 220 duels.
    The thread is filled with tl7 NTs whinging about perk reset guy and duels, lying about how many people are NR8. So clearly the majority of the discussion will be about those points. Besides you yourself posted only about NTs in the beginned, what did you expect people to reply with?

and just what would "not opening perk window in duels" change? people dont switch perks to NR during a duel lol
    It is very obvious, I'll let you figure it out in due time.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

I use auno to find the names of the things you use. I don't hold in my head the names of everything tl7 NTs have for 3months while I'm not playing.

I could of just wrote "that nano with the long lockout you use that gives you lots of damage and a dtn." Instead I tried to find the name. Mostly for your sake.
    i would know my nanos...

Yeah, Def focus NT...sure is great versus an engineer. What exactly about def focus gives you an advantage versus engineers again?
    Go read auno more lol

Yeah they can, just like you can run away or zone outside of duels. Just like I run away from NT's with "that nano with the long lockout you use that gives you lots of damage and a dtn." when in open PVP.
    thats the point , WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO RUN.
    NR perks should be removed. period

The thread is filled with tl7 NTs whinging about perk reset guy and duels, lying about how many people are NR8. So clearly the majority of the discussion will be about those points. Besides you yourself posted only about NTs in the beginned, what did you expect people to reply with?
    NR perks effect NT's the most, trader twinks are so OP they can just drain NR agents.
    But twinks are not just traders.

NR perks have to go.

It is very obvious, I'll let you figure it out in due time.
    if somone is gonna place all his perks during a duel , dont expect him to live long rofl
    Worst idea i ever heard.

DEVIL INSIDE

i would know my nanos...

Go read auno more lol
    Alright, I want the thing you do that damages me to be nerfed. Reply please.

Clearly there is a very good reason why you use the proper names of things when discussing them. Especially when debating with someone with very limited english ability.

thats the point , WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO RUN.
    NR perks should be removed. period
    You shouldnt have from a fight EVER? Well jeez in that case. I shouldn't have to run from NT's or zergs or or or or or.....if balance docs are successful you should have to run or die 50% of the time. From my experience you do alot less than 50% currently. And almost none of that is from NR8 toons.

NR perks effect NT's the most, trader twinks are so OP they can just drain NR agents.
    But twinks are not just traders.

NR perks have to go.
    They don't have to go, that is just your opinion as an NT, just as my opinion is LE nukes and nbg/s needs to go as an engineer.

if somone is gonna place all his perks during a duel , dont expect him to live long rofl
    Worst idea i ever heard.
    I didn't say place all his perks. How long exactly do you take to click a couple of buttons? It doesn't lock you out of doing anything else, all it does is conceal part of your screen.

I am still not going to explain it because it is something you will figure out eventually.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Alright, I want the thing you do that damages me to be nerfed. Reply please.
    lol , u fail mate
    this just proofs that all u say is just QQ'ing about nt's.
    U dont even know what nt's do rofl.

Clearly there is a very good reason why you use the proper names of things when discussing them. Especially when debating with someone with very limited english ability.
    Yes there is a good reason why i DO use the proper names , i play this game.

You shouldnt have from a fight EVER? Well jeez in that case. I shouldn't have to run from NT's or zergs or or or or or.....if balance docs are successful you should have to run or die 50% of the time. From my experience you do alot less than 50% currently. And almost none of that is from NR8 toons.
    U run cuz ur setup isnt good (i just checked urs) why would i a fully endgame pvp nt have to run from a nub cuz he perked nr8? That is not balance.

and at lower lvls, running at a towerwar means u Lose the towerwar.

NR perks have to go.

They don't have to go, that is just your opinion as an NT, just as my opinion is LE nukes and nbg/s needs to go as an engineer.
    then leave this topic, and start one about it.
    Or fix ur engi so u can deal with it, other engi's easly can.

I didn't say place all his perks. How long exactly do you take to click a couple of buttons? It doesn't lock you out of doing anything else, all it does is conceal part of your screen.

I am still not going to explain it because it is something you will figure out eventually.
    u wont explain it cuz ur wrong, simple
    Not all his perks? even placeing 8 perks during a duel will result in any decent nt alphaing u before u get the chance.

DEVIL INSIDE

lol , u fail mate
    this just proofs that all u say is just QQ'ing about nt's.
    U dont even know what nt's do rofl.

Yes there is a good reason why i DO use the proper names , i play this game.
    Who'd have thought, I mention how bad you are at english and you go and demonstrate it instantly. Oh, and no, I'm not talking about your typing/spelling skills.

U run cuz ur setup isnt good (i just checked urs) why would i a fully endgame pvp nt have to run from a nub cuz he perked nr8? That is not balance.

and at lower lvls, running at a towerwar means u Lose the towerwar.

NR perks have to go.
    then leave this topic, and start one about it.
    Or fix ur engi so u can deal with it, other engi's easly can.
    There is nothing I can change in my setup that would enable me to survive an NBS gank from an NT any better. Keep insulting me though, while bragging about your engineer slaying def focus setup too for major lulz.

Why would I have to run from a nub cuz he earned 9k~ VP and did a quest?

u wont explain it cuz ur wrong, simple
    Not all his perks? even placeing 8 perks during a duel will result in any decent nt alphaing u before u get the chance.
    Well, if that is what you really believe, that is fair enough. Suffice to say that coon is enough to suck up 1 nuke, which is enough time to perk an entire 8 point line.

your an idiot

Who'd have thought, I mention how bad you are at english and you go and demonstrate it instantly. Oh, and no, I'm not talking about your typing/spelling skills.
    Rofl , my typing and spelling is not wrong but i'm bad at english ?
    What has that to do with the topic?
    U are one of those nerds that thinks hes the grammar police?

Dude give up with the personal insults , EVERYTHING u said so far about nt's was wrong.

There is nothing I can change in my setup that would enable me to survive an NBS gank from an NT any better. Keep insulting me though, while bragging about your engineer slaying def focus setup too for major lulz.

Why would I have to run from a nub cuz he earned 9k~ VP and did a quest?
    Nbs and LE nukes are getting removed like i alr said , stop crying about it. its NOT on topic

Dont make comments about nerfing people in pvp when ur not endgame. simple.
    FC wont nerf a class cuz 1 player who isnt endgame cant beat other people that are.

This is about NR perks , not u failing to kill nt's.

Well, if that is what you really believe, that is fair enough. Suffice to say that coon is enough to suck up 1 nuke, which is enough time to perk an entire 8 point line.
    no its not.
    And all ur doing is showing NR perks are Overpowerd.

now stay on topic about NR perks or make ur own topic where u can whine about nt's.

DEVIL INSIDE

why would i a fully endgame pvp nt have to run from a nub cuz he perked nr8? That is not balance.
    Same reason I have to run on my 220 soldier from nub nt's. Oh wait I can't run because rooting me is super easy doh!

And. The sacrifice the NT has to make to kill me easily in a nug setup is.. well. There is no sacrifice AT ALL. Whilst an NR8 toon sacrifices large portions of their toolsets.

Then there is the thinger with NT's being able to nuke ppl across the battlestation even after ppl have soft zoned.

So...NT's are special. Which means they need a special counter. That is what the notum repulsor line is.

If FC decides to seriously nerf NT's then sure, by all means adjust notum repulsor as well. But it needs to happen in that order.

beside these forum PVP considerations, one certain thing is that NR perkline need to be halved at the occasion of a global rebalance including (lets' hope !) a good NT triple/double rework as announced :
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567951
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Same reason I have to run on my 220 soldier from nub nt's. Oh wait I can't run because rooting me is super easy doh!

And. The sacrifice the NT has to make to kill me easily in a nug setup is.. well. There is no sacrifice AT ALL. Whilst an NR8 toon sacrifices large portions of their toolsets.

Then there is the thinger with NT's being able to nuke ppl across the battlestation even after ppl have soft zoned.

So...NT's are special. Which means they need a special counter. That is what the notum repulsor line is.

If FC decides to seriously nerf NT's then sure, by all means adjust notum repulsor as well. But it needs to happen in that order.
    /offtopic : For god sake Noobius, you roam those forums enough to already know that LE nukes are getting removed, that roots are getting nerfed across the board and not only for NTs. How hard it is to start working on the basis of what we already know, instead of each time considering issues like there was no announce made...
    Not to mention that even in the current situation, you can't seriously be comparing the effect NR8 has vs NTs to the effect Reflect Ripper has vs Soldiers. And in the perspective of balancing, I'm sure I don't need to tell you the benefits soldiers will get from, in no particular order, the removal of LE nukes, the "nerfing" of Borrow Reflect or the nerfing of traditional capping attacks.

/ontopic : Moreover, Notum Repulsor obviously affects NTs the most, but it also affects every other profession whose pvp toolset is based around debuffs, Crowd Control, nano damage and NR checking perks, so the reworking of Notum repulsor can't possibly be conditioned only to the handling of the upcoming new NT toolset. It will need to include it but in no way to be limited to it.
    Obviously though, a fundamental change of Notum Repulsor line would justify a fundamental review of the NR debuffing ability of NTs.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

If anything with the rebalance bringing more NR checking perks, then NR setups might actually be a viable and fun choice.

your an idiot

I don't know why you talk about stupid things like soldier vs NT or that in game has to be something which is 100% resist(win) vs nt for all professions.
    Funcom is working on rebalancing game and I made this thread to be sure, they don't forget nerf this stupid perk line.

They want to make pvp/pvm more viable, but if this perkline stays in game then they failed hard with re-balancing AO.

I would like to know opinion of Funcom dev's or Means on NR line.

p.s. I am tired of all morons who thinks 20 000NR is alright, but 20 000 aad would be bad. These high numbers are only for GMs.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Oct 7th, 2010 at 11:54:50.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

If anything with the rebalance bringing more NR checking perks, then NR setups might actually be a viable and fun choice.
    Technically, it doesn't bring more NR checking perks, it just make those in existence useable for the professions who have access to them (because of the removal of AAD on def check).

About NR setups : Notum Repulsor won't be removed if I got what FC said right. However it will be reworked. And reworked in such a way that its use will be more widespread, on a selection of professions at least, or so Kintaii hinted.
    My analysis is that if it is more widespread, it must means its hindrances are lessened (or lessened on nanoskills but with additional hindrances on other aspects). In any case, the perspective of an increased popularity of the perkline makes me guess/expect/hope/militate for a huge lessening of the NR bestowed.
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:11:23.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Notum Repulsor will get adjustments soon (tm) NTs will be nerfed to ground soon (tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    /offtopic : For god sake Noobius, you roam those forums enough to already know that LE nukes are getting removed, that roots are getting nerfed across the board and not only for NTs. How hard it is to start working on the basis of what we already know, instead of each time considering issues like there was no announce made...
    Do we know what nt's are getting instead of the LE nukes? I know I don't

FC has corrected errors only to replace them with even bigger ones before.
    So I think it's wrong to say that we know. Because we don't.

Not to mention that even in the current situation, you can't seriously be comparing the effect NR8 has vs NTs to the effect Reflect Ripper has vs Soldiers.
    They are different ofcourse but the result is similar. Actually I die alot quicker to a decent nt than the nt does to an nr soldier for instance.
    And my soldier is very much endgame with phat towers and any half assed Nt easily bypasses my "defence" and blasts my legs off while I barely dent their hp during nbg.

And in the perspective of balancing, I'm sure I don't need to tell you the benefits soldiers will get from, in no particular order, the removal of LE nukes,
    But you don't know that the stuff that will replace LE nukes won't be just as bad, do you?

the "nerfing" of Borrow Reflect or the nerfing of traditional capping attacks.
    Yes soldiers went from unplayable to decent when that nano was fixed.
    Are you saying that soldiers should be grateful for only having been useless for the 2 or so years that it took them to correct this?

If so I sincerely hope they will **** up the classes you play just as royally and then ignore you for just as long. Then when they finally fix it I will try to pass it as an improvement to your class.

Obviously though, a fundamental change of Notum Repulsor line would justify a fundamental review of the NR debuffing ability of NTs.
    Didn't I say just that?

Just summing it up here, but this entire request for nerf is based on trader/nt VS 1. Are there even still peeps which have NR8 perma perked? if so, they probably hate traders/NT as theyre being pwned by any other prof out there
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Ok let me suggest that you NR QQ'ers do the following.

Check to see if you have nr perked.

If it isnt perked then ask yourself why you consider something you wont use yourself incredibly overpowerd.

If its because your an nt go to auno and look at constant barrage and realise that using this nano against players with high nr (yes i know it probably wont land on nr8 toons but its got a decent chance nr 1-3 maybe even up to 5) can debuff them to a point where their nr is compairible to a tl2 enf. Then ask yourself why your proff is able to debuffs somones NR for 3k when the highest evade debuff is -210 or so. (not including slowdown)

Is nr8 usefull against nt's? Sure. Are you likely to run into an nr8 toon in bs? no not really. Is somone likely to pay 20m betwean every bs round JUST so he can be nr 8 and have his buffs (keeping in mind that he still cant cast any of his buffs that more or less has to in a fight against a large range of profs). no its not. None of the arguments brought up by the nt's in this thread have any real merrit at all and is more or less simply mindless qq because they couldnt press 12341 and get a solo kill.

As I said earlier, do i think its going to get changed in rebal? Sure do. Do I think its balanced as is? Yep. Do I think that maybe runing into one nr8 toon every 5 bs rounds or so warrents this much qq about something that is rarely used to this extent? Not on your life.

Personally I don't care if I find someone who is NR8 when I am on my NT. If they sacrificed 8 perk points, and all forms of buffing/active nanos I think they can keep their damn 20k NR. I don't care.

P.S. I lol'd at NT vs Engie in def setup.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    Just summing it up here, but this entire request for nerf is based on trader/nt VS 1. Are there even still peeps which have NR8 perma perked? if so, they probably hate traders/NT as theyre being pwned by any other prof out there
    It isn't about how many people has nr8, it is about to make sure that it will be impossible to get so hilarious high NR in the game.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast