Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It is over 20 000!!!Yes, notum repulsor nerf.

I only will accept a rework to NR only if nano spammability is looked at and 1 hit win nanos. so till then , quit whining.... if someone goes nr 8, they are at a huge disavantage vs most profs anyways and plus AO is balanced around team pvp.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

How many people are running around with NR8? first of all, it sucks in pvm, second of all, anything but NT's and traders will probably shred you.

Sounds like a very fair deal, winning from NT's and traders, losing to all others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    If you got a trouble with traders :
    1) wait for their documentation?
    2) NR screw a lot more people that just traders, NTs in particular
    1) obviously a trolling attempt seeing you ain't waiting for the general perk lines documents yourself.
    2) now, which prof is easyer to kill with NR8 then without it, except traders and NT's? even if it's 2 or 3 more, you'd still get miserably pwned by the other 8-9 profs.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Yeah, it is like: NR adds 20 000 AAD so:

hmm even though your on crack if you think it adds 20k AAD aswell as NR, that wont effect the chance of AS landed. As i said equip a weapon
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

And choosing not to perk NR means NTs can double me to death and traders can drain me first time everytime. If it was OP and needing a nerf then everyone would be using it. If anything it is underpowered.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

wahhhhhhh don't hurt my nr8 shade
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

In this section is now enough threads about nerfing AS,AR,evades,nukes,roots, but what about the most freaking line?
    Notum repulsor, it shouldn't give funny 20 K NR, it shoudln't debuff only nanoskills, but ranged and melee skills too. Many people can sacrifice -200 nanoskills and get so easy 300 NR and it enables them to get from 300 to 20 000 NR( read once more... 20 000 NR only from 8 perks while your weapon is 100% and only nerf is unable to cast nanos).

Yes, there isn't many people with so high perked NR, but even 300NR at tl2 or 1500@ level 90, 2400 at lvl 110( only nanoresist from NR line) is clearly overpowered and it should be drasticaly nerfed. Possibily to gain over 5000 nano reist shouldn't be ever in game.

There is many ways how to nerf this line and I hope Funcom will choose one of many possible nerfs, although they didn't say something about nerfing this line, nor they showed notum repulsor in .pdf files so I think thewy forget this problem.
    You make it sound as if every one has this perked because no one really suffers from not being able to cast their nano's lol "NERF NR8 DOCS PLZ THE BE TO OP'Z FER MEH1!!11ONE"

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    I only will accept a rework to NR only if nano spammability is looked at and 1 hit win nanos. so till then , quit whining....
    Exellent idea, we could call that process rebalancing or Balancing, sounds so cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1
    if someone goes nr 8, they are at a huge disavantage vs most profs anyways and plus AO is balanced around team pvp.
    That disavantage has been a lot less real since the perk guy appeared on Jobe platform. But I note you wouldn't object to an evade-based counterpart cause, dude, it will all make sense in a team pvp environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentwolves
    hmm nothing stops a doctor,mp,crat or nt from using a weapon against a nr8 toon, does it.
    In NT case, I would say 30s equip on deck is quite a deterrent. For all professions, it will be even less true than it is now, with the way AS is getting handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry
    How many people are running around with NR8? first of all, it sucks in pvm, second of all, anything but NT's and traders will probably shred you.

Sounds like a very fair deal, winning from NT's and traders, losing to all others.

(...)

1) obviously a trolling attempt seeing you ain't waiting for the general perk lines documents yourself.
    2) now, which prof is easyer to kill with NR8 then without it, except traders and NT's? even if it's 2 or 3 more, you'd still get miserably pwned by the other 8-9 profs.
    It would be a fair deal if the pendant evade-based opton existed. As is, it's just a one-sided deal. Also, please, let's drop the pretence no one ever perk NR8, anyone who played bit in the last year saw the new generation of NR8 keepers and, on RK2 at least, we have a few MAs, Sols or Shades good and rich enough to play around with that trick.

I wasn't trying to troll you, you were just asking for more NR on the premise of pre-balancing traders' nano (about which you have 0 information as far as balancing is concerned), while we at least have a few nano sheets to think about the consequences of a statu quo on NR perkline. Though I admit I would rather have waited for the doc to be released, but seeing the amount of crap in this thread, there might be some use in starting that crusade early.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater
    And choosing not to perk NR means NTs can double me to death and traders can drain me first time everytime. If it was OP and needing a nerf then everyone would be using it. If anything it is underpowered.
    This is the Balance section of the forums. Re-read every word slowwwwwly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01
    You make it sound as if every one has this perked because no one really suffers from not being able to cast their nano's lol "NERF NR8 DOCS PLZ THE BE TO OP'Z FER MEH1!!11ONE"
    The very spirit of the perkline has been retarded since day 1, and with the advent of the perk NPC, its use is a lot more versatile and widespread than it used to be.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

The very spirit of the perkline has been retarded since day 1, and with the advent of the perk NPC, its use is a lot more versatile and widespread than it used to be.
    The point was and is that going NR 8 has some very sevear setbacks. For starters you are putting 8 perks in nr instead of somwhere else. This means either less ar/hp/evades/dmg or utility simply by taking those perks and putting them in NR8. To add to this you cant buff or cast any nano's. Despite what you or any one else might say thats a pretty huge sacrifice. For shades it means they loose 200 Peircing, SHD, as well as some evades run speed ect ect. Enfs wont be able to rage/mongo/challenger. Ma's wont be able to heal or use their dmg buffs. Solds wont be able to AMS ect ect ect.

Basicaly a lot of profs, simply by not being able to buff. Will already be loosing a good 150-200 AR as well as accsess to some of their main forms of defence and utility.

NR is not NEARLY as overpowerd as the qq'ers make it out to be and involves a lot of sacrifice. Does it suck to be an nt and not be able to fight back against that nr8 toon? Sure but just hit it with a root graph and move on, theres plenty of other dudes you can kill in 5s or less somwhere else.

PS: No, the jobe dude dosent magicaly open up nr and make it overpowerd. Buffs are cleared when you enter bs and in a tower battle chances are your going to die any way (wich also clears buffs) so the only real aplication is duels wich can be, very easily, checked simply by asking your opponent to buff. If he refuses to do so then dont duel him and problem /solved.

There is nothing wrong with NR and the way it is now. That dosent mean i dont think it will get changed but QQ'ing about it and saying its way overpowerd is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Does it mean you have to troll? No. If you don't see how OP is it, you are stupid and everyone else with same opinion like yours.

edit:
    Vgman01 220MA....hmm now I know why you don't want to nerf notum repulsor, MAs have enough evades and even NR, but you get from notum repulsor 1 more than 300NR, you get nanoresist*1,23..... Seems like someone whines about "don't nerf my NR, I want to be OP" wah wah.

I hate when pvmers like Vgman01 speak about pvp:
    NR is not NEARLY as overpowerd as the qq'ers make it out to be and involves a lot of sacrifice. Does it suck to be an nt and not be able to fight back against that nr8 toon? Sure but just hit it with a root graph and move on
    Root graft? vs nr8? vs 100% root resist?

You have no idea what is Notum repulsor, dude.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Oct 6th, 2010 at 11:08:47.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Does it mean you have to troll? No. If you don't see how OP is it, you are stupid and everyone else with same opinion like yours.
    So because I have a diffrent viewpoint then you obviosly im stupid and wrong? brb getting crowbar to pry palm from face.

Does it suck to be an nt and not be able to fight back against that nr8 toon? Sure but just hit it with a root graph and move on
    When was the rootresistance check on rootgrafts removed ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    When was the rootresistance check on rootgrafts removed ?
    Wait wait wait, so now the person isnt just nr8 but hes also got SD10 perked just in case somone hits him with a root graph? Honestly if he went to all that trouble the nt could probably sit go afk for lunch or something because on the offchance that the attacker dose hit him the nt's hd will take care of it.

So because I have a diffrent viewpoint then you obviosly im stupid and wrong? brb getting crowbar to pry palm from face.
    You don't have different viewpoint, you have wrong viewpoint.

So because I have a diffrent viewpoint then you obviosly im stupid and wrong?
    Yes, check:
    NR is not NEARLY as overpowerd as the qq'ers make it out to be and involves a lot of sacrifice. Does it suck to be an nt and not be able to fight back against that nr8 toon? Sure but just hit it with a root graph and move on
    Root graft? vs nr8? vs 100% root resist?

Wait wait wait, so now the person isnt just nr8 but hes also got SD10 perked just in case somone hits him with a root graph? Honestly if he went to all that trouble the nt could probably sit go afk for lunch or something because on the offchance that the attacker dose hit him the nt's hd will take care of it.
    Jesus, leave this thread please! You have no idea what the hell notum repulsor is!!!!!

Edit: I agree with Molotoff's Forum rule #1.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Oct 6th, 2010 at 11:17:40.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

you may want to check what NR8 perks give...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The point was and is that going NR 8 has some very sevear setbacks. For starters you are putting 8 perks in nr instead of somwhere else. This means either less ar/hp/evades/dmg or utility simply by taking those perks and putting them in NR8. To add to this you cant buff or cast any nano's. Despite what you or any one else might say thats a pretty huge sacrifice. For shades it means they loose 200 Peircing, SHD, as well as some evades run speed ect ect. Enfs wont be able to rage/mongo/challenger. Ma's wont be able to heal or use their dmg buffs. Solds wont be able to AMS ect ect ect.
    First rule of AO : anyone with a basic game knowledge setup his toon for his greatest benefit. If someone perk NR8 instead of something else for a period of time, it is with a purpose.
    Second rule of AO : setting up your toon is about choices.

Basicaly a lot of profs, simply by not being able to buff. Will already be loosing a good 150-200 AR as well as accsess to some of their main forms of defence and utility
    You are obviously having difficulties computing Notum Repulsor perkline and the benefits of the perk NPC.

NR is not NEARLY as overpowerd as the qq'ers make it out to be and involves a lot of sacrifice. Does it suck to be an nt and not be able to fight back against that nr8 toon?
    It involves a lot less sacrifice than it used to back when the perkline was created, which is another reason, beside balancing, to rework it entirely.
    Sure but just hit it with a root graph and move on, theres plenty of other dudes you can kill in 5s or less somwhere else.
    I will display charity and not press the issue that several persons already mentioned about that. I will just suggest you to use www.auno.org more often. And of course to avoid being peremptory about an issue you obviously don't know enough about.

PS: No, the jobe dude dosent magicaly open up nr and make it overpowerd.
    Yes, he does.
    Buffs are cleared when you enter bs and in a tower battle chances are your going to die any way (wich also clears buffs) so the only real aplication is duels wich can be, very easily, checked simply by asking your opponent to buff. If he refuses to do so then dont duel him and problem /solved.
    Nothing prevents the wealthiest to rince repeat the operation as often as they want, be it for BS or any other PvP occurence. The very fact that it is so easily swappable in itself shouts for a big rework.

There is nothing wrong with NR and the way it is now. That dosent mean i dont think it will get changed but QQ'ing about it and saying its way overpowerd is just plain stupid.
    I'm afraid you proved you don't have the extensive game knowledge required to support your statement.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

First rule of AO : anyone with a basic game knowledge setup his toon for his greatest benefit. If someone perk NR8 instead of something else for a period of time, it is with a purpose.
    Second rule of AO : setting up your toon is about choices.
    Yes and in this case the player feals like the benifits of nr8 outweigh the drawbacks. And against certain classes (such as nt's and docs) he would be right. But against others (such as enfs/solds/ma's/crats/fixers/advies/ect ect) he would be wrong.

You are obviously having difficulties computing Notum Repulsor perkline and the benefits of the perk NPC.
    No, I'm just having a very hard time seeing how the ability to fully reset your perks every two days is game breaking in pvp.

It involves a lot less sacrifice than it used to back when the perkline was created, which is another reason, beside balancing, to rework it entirely.
    I will display charity and not press the issue that several persons already mentioned about that. I will just suggest you to use www.auno.org more often. And of course to avoid being peremptory about an issue you obviously don't know enough about.
    No you still sacrifice the same things you always have when you perk NR. Nothing has changed in this regaurd. And no i didnt know nr8 gave 100% root resist but really, because I overlooked that fact I suddonly dont know anything about nr? please...

Yes, he does.
    No, he dosent

Nothing prevents the wealthiest to rince repeat the operation as often as they want, be it for BS or any other PvP occurence. The very fact that it is so easily swappable in itself shouts for a big rework.
    Again, buffs are cleared from you when you enter bs, if your clearing your perks before every round chances are your going to go broke, very quickly.
    I'm afraid you proved you don't have the extensive game knowledge required to support your statement.
    Overlooking one things proves i dont know anything about this game? lol. "Einstine got F's in math so clearly he was retarded!"

Agreed with the others in this thread who correctly observe it's a balanced perk with benefits and sacrifices in proportion. I can understand that an NT would QQ about this, though, it must be emotionally difficult not being able to kill the odd NR8 toon with 2 buttons.

Urban legend. If by an amazing strike of luck you managed to land a nuke on a NR8 toon, his HD will have healed him entirely by the time Uranus gets into Pluton's influence a second time.

Myth busted.
    My MA got trippled twice one after the other while in NR8, your mith is busted. Sir.

making people pay 20m to be able to pwn your trader or NT = WIN!

besides, there maybe like 1-10 people using more then a bilion, to frequently change there perk purely to win one PvP encounter, like towers or tara or duels for example. and really, in tara or towers one guy with NR8 and his self buffs running around won't make the diffrence, cuz' getting called is dieing

seems like your backing up your proposal by a valid, yet highly unpractical tactic.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast