Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It is over 20 000!!!Yes, notum repulsor nerf.

It is over 20 000!!!Yes, notum repulsor nerf.

In this section is now enough threads about nerfing AS,AR,evades,nukes,roots, but what about the most freaking line?
    Notum repulsor, it shouldn't give funny 20 K NR, it shoudln't debuff only nanoskills, but ranged and melee skills too. Many people can sacrifice -200 nanoskills and get so easy 300 NR and it enables them to get from 300 to 20 000 NR( read once more... 20 000 NR only from 8 perks while your weapon is 100% and only nerf is unable to cast nanos).

Yes, there isn't many people with so high perked NR, but even 300NR at tl2 or 1500@ level 90, 2400 at lvl 110( only nanoresist from NR line) is clearly overpowered and it should be drasticaly nerfed. Possibily to gain over 5000 nano reist shouldn't be ever in game.

There is many ways how to nerf this line and I hope Funcom will choose one of many possible nerfs, although they didn't say something about nerfing this line, nor they showed notum repulsor in .pdf files so I think thewy forget this problem.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

I take it as a good omen that they did not release the General perk documentation yet.
    But when they do, I will be part of the crusade if Notum Repulsor isn't changed beyond recognition.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Sure, nerf it plenty. But don't forget to give the classes that have no other way to get NR that matters at least a little bit of love.

Oh and also give that nanoline that gets me to -1100 NR a similar treatment to what the notum repulsor line gets.

Not being able to buff up is in itself already a huge nerf. For many profs that also means not having a defense at all.

So, what's the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Not being able to buff up is in itself already a huge nerf. For many profs that also means not having a defense at all.

QFT, it's a fair trade imo. and clearly, +300 NR ain't OP at TL2, seeing you still get hit all the time by trader drains. it would be better if it was actaully 1k+ at TL2, cuz thats about the amount of nanoskills a trader can get at TL2.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Tbh, i fail to see why things that arent notum based should be affected by Notum Repulsor.

What should be added is a total healing nerf along with the other effects.

At NR8 you should suffer a permanent block on HoTs and outside heals as well as -100% healing efficiency.

After all, healing is done via nanobots, so seems only fair.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Oh, fine, let's start then.

The real question is what is not a problem with that perkline

- lol at 20k NR why not 4m NR while they were at it?
    - Starting at NR4, you start to get huge NR without added hindrance (no, once you've passed the point where you can't even use grafts, you don't lose anything anymore) NR can't be part of a persistent setup passed NR3, actually, starting at NR3, it is a setup of its own.
    - The new perk guy makes it possible to buff up and then perk NR8 : retardness at its utmost
    - The same new perk guy makes it possible to pass from NR8 to a normal setup on a whim.
    - Rebalancing announces the advent of 4hr long buffs. So no, this is not gonna be possible.
    - NR has no evade-based counterpart.
    - NR is among General perks, when it has nothing to do there, no other General perkline gives any point of defence apart from trickle down from DNA, FS, etc...
    - Notum Repulsor, but not quite Repulsor with friendly buffs, heal efficiency, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry
    QFT, it's a fair trade imo. and clearly, +300 NR ain't OP at TL2, seeing you still get hit all the time by trader drains. it would be better if it was actaully 1k+ at TL2, cuz thats about the amount of nanoskills a trader can get at TL2.
    If you got a trouble with traders :
    1) wait for their documentation?
    2) NR screw a lot more people that just traders, NTs in particular

@Noobius76 : CB will prolly not be needed as is post balancing, so fair enough. But actually, reworking Notum Repulsor into something that makes sense might boost overall NR availability a lot more than it does now, I mean, if it is "nerfed" into a line that can be part of a persistent setup, it could advantageously replace any kind of little bit of love. So yes to a system where we don't have to cope with such huge figures (I mean cmon, +500 here, -1000 there, +300 here...), but CB's fate will have to be decided according to the new policy on def checks, cooldown of defenses, etc...
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Oct 5th, 2010 at 14:33:23. Reason: Nerf Omutb
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

The way I see it is that whoever perks NR, won't last long against a melee/ranged opponent.
    That's why you don't see many NR8 people walking around.

The NPC guy should strip your NCU when a full PR is issued, I agree on that.

But nerfing NR, will give a total advantage to casting profs.
    I mean if NR is nerfed to the point that nobody can raise it, even by a couple of perks, what's going to be our defense against any of the casters?

It's not like nothing lands coming from a caster as it is. We all know NR1 and NR2 are a joke. Want it easier?

this is true and not new. i suggested something in an older subject :
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...3&postcount=34
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

The way I see it is that whoever perks NR, won't last long against a melee/ranged opponent.
    That's why you don't see many NR8 people walking around.

The NPC guy should strip your NCU when a full PR is issued, I agree on that.

But nerfing NR, will give a total advantage to casting profs.
    I mean if NR is nerfed to the point that nobody can raise it, even by a couple of perks, what's going to be our defense against any of the casters?
    You got me confused, or you are confused, I don't know, but let's clear it out :
    Nobody is talking about nerfing Nano Resistance itself. But the Nano AR vs Nano resistance could use a reworking to avoid stupid numbers to fall left right and center.
    +1200 from Rage, +500 from HHAB, -1k or 3k from CB, + 3,9k from NR4, +20k from NR8, I mean, wtf...

Notum repulsor can only be acceptable either through an aggravation of the hindrances attached to it (debuffing of offencive stats, resistance to friendly effects, reducing of nanodamage/healefficiency), or through a reworking to fit the standards of a regular perkline.

In other word, either it is made even more ludicrous than it is, or it finally becomes a perkline that one can implant in a persistent setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocene
    It's not like nothing lands coming from a caster as it is. We all know NR1 and NR2 are a joke. Want it easier?
    No, what we want is the utter and total disparition of one of the only option in existence to get total immunity to one profession. It should never ever had made it ingame in any form whatsoever.
    As for easier... either you played with your balls (the cristal ones) and had a sneak peek at NTs, Traders, Docs nano sheet, in which case I must protest that you had access to it before us, or you don't have the first idea of what will befall of the offencive and defencive checks, cooldowns, immunities...
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Let's make a perk line that gives you +20k evades at the cost of nerfing to negatives all your melee and ranged skills. Sounds about fair ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Tbh, i fail to see why things that arent notum based should be affected by Notum Repulsor.

What should be added is a total healing nerf along with the other effects.

At NR8 you should suffer a permanent block on HoTs and outside heals as well as -100% healing efficiency.

After all, healing is done via nanobots, so seems only fair.
    This makes sense. It should negatively affect nano damage (yes, all perks that are not in this particular line) as well.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Wasn't there something about the notum that was supposed to make nanomages unable to live without it ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

I currently don't see a problem with this as NT's and docs can still land nanos and kill people with NR 8. They have to cast it more than once (OMG! I know) but it is possible.
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

Quote Originally Posted by Ownsauce View Post
    I currently don't see a problem with this as NT's and docs can still land nanos and kill people with NR 8. They have to cast it more than once (OMG! I know) but it is possible.
    Urban legend. If by an amazing strike of luck you managed to land a nuke on a NR8 toon, his HD will have healed him entirely by the time Uranus gets into Pluton's influence a second time.

Myth busted.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Well, yes Noim, 20K is over the top, nothing should be this high.

The part I don't agree with is simply that for those going NR1 or NR2 they already got a nano skill penalty, adding a weapon skill penalty on top won't be good or fair.

I like the idea which was posted somewhere on these forums, that the NR buff should be relative to the amount of nanoskills it actually removes.
    There's no difference between -5 and -2000 nanoskills.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Well, yes Noim, 20K is over the top, nothing should be this high.

The part I don't agree with is simply that for those going NR1 or NR2 they already got a nano skill penalty, adding a weapon skill penalty on top won't be good or fair.
    Hopefully (but I can't push away the possibility that this hope will be disappointed obviously) there will be no need to add that kind of penalty with a reworked perkline made to fit fully perked into a normal setup. The way I see it, NR8 should bestow 600NR at the cost of 300 nanoskill, period. Or 400 NR without penalty. Or something alike.

We need to break with the loldicrous number traditions when it comes to Nano Resistance, be it in buffs or debuffs.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

hmm nothing stops a doctor,mp,crat or nt from using a weapon against a nr8 toon, does it.

MR is more overpowered then this perk line.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    hmm nothing stops a doctor,mp,crat or nt from using a weapon against a nr8 toon, does it.

Yeah, it is like: NR adds 20 000 AAD so:
    Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    hmm nothing stops a doctor,mp,crat or nt from using nukes and dots against a nr8 toon, does it.

First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast