Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix low lvl traders

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Tieing into this, one type of drain could require two nanoskills, and the other type could require another two.

Plunder: PM, TS
    Divest: SI, MC

Something like that, although I do not know how effective that would be. Plunder could also boost PM and TS, not SI and MC and the same for Divest types as well. Something to consider.

Or

Divest: SI, TS

And then have Plunder types could buff PM and no SI, and Divest types could buff SI and no PM.
    But, but... thats best Idea I ever read here!

/BUMP!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Tieing into this, one type of drain could require two nanoskills, and the other type could require another two.

Something like that, although I do not know how effective that would be. Plunder could also boost PM and TS, not SI and MC and the same for Divest types as well. Something to consider.

Or

And then have Plunder types could buff PM and no SI, and Divest types could buff SI and no PM.
    Good idea imo. I'll bump it and just add that Drains should not give specials to the Trader, and should drain specials less than other stats.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Not a great idea since it'll nerf tl5 and greater traders and thye don't need a nerf reallly... For lowbies, what you gotta do is ban equipping a trader till lvl 150+ and don't be omg think of the traders, it's all med suit hecks ftw
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Or

So, to implement this kind of change, the following things would need to happen:

1) Free IPR for all traders (most traders have MC reset at high level, unless they use the AC debuff. Its a hit n miss thing; I certainly only have just enough to cast Abolish Bismuth when fully drained).
    2) Re-do the whole research lines for traders. They currently give more PM and TS than anything else, no surprise for guessing why.
    3) Change the IP allocation table to make the new divest lines attack skills the same IP template as PM / TS are.
    4) Give a large self-only buff to TS at high level. So, y'know, 220 traders aren't just whacked with the nerf stick from a great height for no real reason.
    5) Rebalance the drains at low levels.

Or, doing it through some kind of level check:

1) Balance drains to be as powerful as they are now at 220 as they were before the change.
    2) Rebalance the drains at low levels.

So, which do you think Funcom is more likely to do?
    "Many hamsters died to bring you this post.

The servers are up and running." - Pharamond

I don't see how that suggestion fixes anything. It's pretty obvious that a lowbie trader will choose the drains that buff PM/TS in PVP. If you split PM and TS across different drain lines, it wouldn't be that big a deal anyways. YOu would just implant to achieve balance there and use the line that allows you to cast the highest anyways, which would still be more than enough to make people cry. Mochies already gives enough nanoskills to allow a lowbie trader to cripple people, even if you did make that fix. It would be a nothing fix.

Lowbie traders aren't OP because of drains specifically. It they were, you would see WAY more traders on lowbie BS than you actually do. Sorry guys, it's the OSB's that do it. Nothing in the trader toolset they can access in those levels self buffed is actually OPed by itself or if it is, requires a hell of alot of laddering to get anyways, putting their targets in a very advantageous position.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 16th, 2010 at 06:53:09.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I don't know. While it's true that OSB count for a lot, and while everyone can get them, those debuffs hurt the opponent quite a bit.

I was fighting this enfo level 26 on my 25 trader at NW today..once I debuffed him, he couldn't dent me. I don't think I had my HP below 95% for the entire fight.

Sure, what does that have to do with the suggestion to split nanoskills over different drainlines?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Sure, what does that have to do with the suggestion to split nanoskills over different drainlines?
    Guess this is now confused by some people with the suggestion that drains should require 3 or 4 different nano skills as opposed to two as they are. Which would mean you couldn't implant everything so effectively, and would need a variety of OSBs instead of 2 mochies to boost it.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Just split drains into 2 lines; one drains ar, the second one drains nano. Or leave it as it is but change weapon skill drains to aao drains. No locks on them. If a trader has enough time to drain you with 4 drain lines (not counting laddering) you just suck and to stand a chance youd need a touch of marius anyway. Level locking nanites to tl4 would be also nice.

Lowbie traders seem to good mostly during NW. There were many suggestions how to fix that without silly level locks. My favorite was implementing a "decon" ring around NW field that would just clear your NCU and you could only be buffed by people withing your pvp range. It would be lovely.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:02:44.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12