Thread: ac2

ac2

ok..i just started playing asheron's call 2 beta.. so far its a pretty fun game. ive done everything solo so far and the death penalty isnt that high. this is the first time where i feel i can explore every where without fear of some wandering high lvl mobs /me shudders at the thought of eq. its a pretty good game..not many bugs. i just wish there was a bit more variety of skills but then again im only lvl 14. the crafting system is pretty good but needs a bit of balancing (for instance i can carve a compound bow..after i master it, longbow comes next, i have the materials to do it..but i need 1.8k gold..btw tats really hard to come by at lvl 14..i only have 300 gold...also the armor crafted is a lot worst then those that can be found) so far it looks ok..just feels rather empty since there are absolutely no npcs around

i just wanted to kno everyones thoughts on ac2 (if they played it)

nope never played it
    Ismael "Dfalcour" Depaolo
    Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations
    President

Federico "Falcour" Peasly
    Applicant (Wolf Pack Support Team)

Mel "GremlinFeet" Drapkin
    Unit Member (Independant Contractee)

so , where do I sign up?

I have been playing AC2 a bit. Here are my impressions.

first it comes across as another offender in the lvl based MMORPG genre, and it is a fantasy setting....2 strikes against it IMO.

That said, there are a few things I like. One is the crafting. I have been able to make armour and weapons that I require quite easily (when fighting the right mobs) and was able to sell them for a small profit to players "younger" lvl than me.

The quest system is...ok..but when you do a quest, once you reach the goal, the reward (in some cases a movie sequence of history or a item) doesn't seem worth the quest. When I get the movies I feel like I am in a single player game, and when I get the reward usually equiping it will lower my AR than the item I had previously.

Another issue I have is the looting system. Unless you are soloing, you can not be guaranteed that you will get the loot. Whoever did damage first seems to get it (and I found this in teams as well) you can share xp with other team members but there is no option (that I am aware of) to share loot.

The scenery is nice. They really did go out of thier way for eye candy, and I really enjoy that there are blood effects on your body and the mobs as you/he get lower in health.

I lost interest in it however, as I felt like I was playing Diablo...yet with no real goal. get to the next lvl and repeat. Socially I was not overly impressed (except the making music...that was pretty kewl) I found it hard to find teams, and (although being in beta I can't say for sure) I can't see it being a great Role Play environment. with no NPC's it looks as though it just might, but with the whole of the game being based on lvling, It is just hack and slash repeat.

don't get me wrong, I like Hack and slash games now and then, but I expect moe from a MMORPG than that. I could play Diablo or Dungeon seige online for free....I don't want to pay a monthly fee for the same experience.

That is just my opinion mind you. they may have changed stuff to make it more interesting. I'm not sure, as I have stopped playing. Was bored after 1 week.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

I played it for a couple days and really, really disliked it. I think the thing I hated the most was the way that moving your character around feels like driving a semi-truck due to the bulky turn/starting to run/jumping animations. Ick. I was told "you'll get used to it".. as if ;p

Unless they've un-nerfed xp gain, you'll find solo levelling incredibly tedious (if possible at all) soon. From what I've heard you're looking at days of teaming to get from say, 20 to 21.

I played AC for years.. but I absolutely hated AC2.

--K

Played it a bit and was greatly dissappointed.

I really had high hopes for it as my heart truly belongs to AC (pity the xp whoring made me stop)

- No skill involved in killing
    - Autoattack - hit attack buttom - autoattack
    - graphics are nice
    - interessting tradeskills

got bored after server wipe.

but hey maybe it gets better - after all its only beta.
    Ekata
    Unit Member of Lost Chapter