Thread: New Yalmahas in Booster!

New Yalmahas in Booster!

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/game/notumwars/

lol i'd buy the pack just for a spiffy new yalmaha...

<edit> Oh and they are putting in Voice emotes (like tribes?)

Seems promising.
    Last edited by Vergil; Oct 10th, 2002 at 23:11:45.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

I have my doubts about the voice emotes....

Imagine being somewhere for a while, and there's always some idiot n00b that will be repeating the same voice over and over again just to be annoying. (hope for a /ignore)

but otherwise it sounds good
    Krionis - Rising Keeper

Shandrahs - 215 NT - Retired

- Hells Heros -

Re: New Yalmahas in Booster!

Originally posted by Vergil

Seems promising.
    The new yalmaha looks are for regular non-booster buying customers as well. In the newsletter sent, it stated that all of the new looks would be accessible by regular patches so that everyone can take part in the new look.

My guess is the booster pack will only be specifically for the land system.

An interview at unknown player says that New Yalms are only purchaseable by Booster Pack buyers. Everyone will be able to see them though.

Someone read the article off of www.ao-basher.com i'm too excited to read it carefully.
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

My favourit issue.... I...can't ...resist....posting...

Shandras, I agree with you on the voice emotes and if enough people use it at the same time it will also cause lag, if I'm not mistaken. For those with nice fat connections it'll be perfect I suppose, they can use it as a tactic in PvP. Hopefully they can be turned off...

I believe the booster will be a fiasco and will cause a lot of players to feel cheated when they realise that they will not be able to keep their tower for any longer that it will take the gas to cycle. Towers will be camped, guaranteed. Small to middle sized factions will not stand a chance of keeping a tower up. The booster will sell, but it will also piss a lot of players off...

The booster pack is also probably one of the reasons that a lot of zones got switched to 75% since no one in his/her right mind would build a tower in a 25% zone. I guess that the booster is also a very big reason why they want to nerf the LLTS.
    Expansions and boosters should not affect the existing world in this way, they should be designed to work within the current game rules.

With FC's track record of not being able to balance hardly anything in the game, why should they suddenly succeed with something as big as this booster pack?
    Then there is the question of where and how many towers you will be able to place in each zone. I read an interesting comment in an article somewhere that 'in some playfields more than one tower can be placed...' Beats me if they mean one tower per faction or just one tower in total for each playfield, I'll guess we'll find out.

It will also be interesting to see how many of these booster packs the community will be able to raise anything resembling enthusiasm for. The response for the first one hasn't been overwhelming to say the least and one has to wonder how many game clients of AO one person will need during a lifetime.

The idea of the booster is too convoluted. Towers that makes the suppression gas cycle, how pressed for ideas can you be? Why focus the pack on something that the majority of players never have done and according to many, is way too unbalanced? Why focus on PvP without fixing it first in the main game?

The new Yalmaha designs in the game seems like a tacked on feature, it's there because so many players have asked for it. These new vehicles could just as easily have been made available in a regular patch, but now they want to sell boosters...

Sorry for the rant but I think that the booster idea in itself is a cheap way of making fast cash without considering the long term effects it will have on the game, think 12.6 and you will have an idea.
    It seems that AO is built around a very rigid set of rules, that is very hard to balance anything without causing numerous new little bugs and glitches and I'm afraid that this will cause havoc and be the subject of several emergency patches.

Umm.. I'll stop now. Rambling in this post will be blamed on being very tired at time of writing this post.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Uhmmm

Dominata, If games weren't allowed to evolve over time we'd all still be playing pong.

Static rules and Mechanics? I pay for a dynamic world.......

And yes, one of the main missions of ANY company is to make a profit from their efforts, what is wrong with charging for something that people have asked for?
    Last edited by Vergil; Oct 11th, 2002 at 01:03:51.
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

Re: Uhmmm

Dominata, If games weren't allowed to evolve over time we'd all still be playing pong.

Static rules and Mechanics? I pay for a dynamic world.......

And yes, one of the main missions of ANY company is to make a profit from their efforts, what is wrong with charging for something that people have asked for?
    I have nothing against evolvement, and I happen to think that I pay, in part, for that evolvement with my monthly fee. An MMORPG that doesn't constantly evolve and adds things quickly grows stagnant and dies.
    If you read the news story about the booster you saw that they actually brag about adding things over time to AO, like it was something unique. That is strange to me...

I don't mind paying for a proper expansion pack, like Shadowlands that opens up wholes new areas and really adds to the game. The booster however, does not add anything in terms of new lands to explore, it has negative impacts on the existing world like the changing of gas in most zones, at least it is a negative in my opinion. They limit our options when it comes to where we can do PvP, apparently we are supposed to foght over these towers now. I still say that the whole idea of the towers are not well thought out, to me that is not evolvement, more like a step sideways.

Ohh, it is wrong to charge for things people ask for when it comes to simple modifications of items already existing ingame. It is not unreasonable to expect new models and colours of our beloved Yalmaha's being released now and then through regular patching.

Including them in the booster instead of a patch is just an artificial and cheap way for FC to raise the attractiveness of the booster without really adding anything really progressive.
    As I'm working with marketing and advertising in RL, it is a little too obvious for my taste...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

?!

Anything that takes labor and time can rightfully be charged for.

An artist spent time to alter these models.
    A DB programmer spent time linking these models to the world.
    I'm sure there is more effort involved.

It is any company's prerogative to charge for their employees' time and effort.

it is unreasonable for anyone to expect that things be given away free to them when there is a cost involved. It's nice to get stuff free, but you can't expect it to be.

Evolution is ONLY change, whether you think it is progress or regression is a matter of opinion
    Last edited by Vergil; Oct 11th, 2002 at 02:55:04.
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

Oh no, I'm getting into a pointless argument here with someone that apparently does not read my posts properly...

I pay a monthly fee to pay this game, this fee should cover costs to maintain servers and bandwidth, marketing, rent for offices and all employees including developers etc.
    It should also cover a reasonable amount of new content added on a regular basis to the game.

I do not expect to get stuff for free! I am fully willing to pay good money for my bugs!

And Vergil, evolution is not only change... Evolution can be described as a gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.

I agree with you on the matter of opinion statement though.

Goodnight!
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Oki Doki

Oki Doke , nn Dominata
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

Originally posted by Dominata

I pay a monthly fee to pay this game, this fee should cover costs to maintain servers and bandwidth, marketing, rent for offices and all employees including developers etc.
    It should also cover a reasonable amount of new content added on a regular basis to the game.

If your not happy stop paying. You have no right to tell a company what they are allowed to charge you for and what they are not.

You do have the right to hit the cancel button if you are not satisfied though.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

Shazbot!

Seems promising.
    Originally posted by Shandrahs
    Imagine being somewhere for a while, and there's always some idiot n00b that will be repeating the same voice over and over again just to be annoying. (hope for a /ignore)
    Tribes N00bie during map switch..."Sh..sh..sh..sh..sh..sh..sh..sh.sh..sh..s h..sh..sh..sh..SHAZBOT."

No..not all over again please....there had better be an /ignore or some method of disabling the voice emotes....
    .: Naraya :.

Seems promising.
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
    President of Midnight Reveries

Originally posted by Babadi

If your not happy stop paying. You have no right to tell a company what they are allowed to charge you for and what they are not.

You do have the right to hit the cancel button if you are not satisfied though.
    If these forums hasn't turned into a only fanbois allowed area since last night I am fully entitled to sat whay I think should be part of the game and payed for by my monthly fee.
    I do not tell anyone what they are allowed or not, I'm simply stating my opinion on the matter.
    Even if I were, I still have that right but they have every right to ignore me.
    If I had no right to say my mind, wouldn't that mean that you have no right to tell me that I have no right? Sheesh...

The main reason for me staying in AO is my faction, I love The Honored Maidens and all our members. I'm not happy with certain aspects of the game and if it one day goes as far as I simply do not want to play anymore I will hit the cancel button, no worries.

Oh, and it seems like the voice commands will only be for teams and can be switched off, so all is good in that department.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Speaking of Tribes, did Sierra sue Funcom yet for stealing Capture and Hold from Tribes? Don't get me wrong, it's a fun gameplay mode, but it's hardly new AO is sort of becomming a mix between EQ ( the way to get items ) and Tribes ( the way to play and the way stuff looks ).

And yeah, I'm definitly putting my sleazy hands on a Yalmaha Stiletto, no doubt

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Re: Re: New Yalmahas in Booster!

Originally posted by eaze

Speaking of Tribes, did Sierra sue Funcom yet for stealing Capture and Hold from Tribes? Don't get me wrong, it's a fun gameplay mode, but it's hardly new AO is sort of becomming a mix between EQ ( the way to get items ) and Tribes ( the way to play and the way stuff looks ).

And yeah, I'm definitly putting my sleazy hands on a Yalmaha Stiletto, no doubt
    woohoo....and blizzard should sue for stealing the ideas from Diablo of simply putting 70 mobs with 2 names each, make them harder and bigger and calling it 140 new dynacamps. =) the camps have been around since at least september. the new addition is ONLY the bosses.

*roar* i can't stop ROFL every time i see the supa leet boss

Shinyfoot the Pheared.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone