Thread: The great rebalance - What will FC do and what should they do?

The great rebalance - What will FC do and what should they do?

Hi everyone! What will FC do at the rebalance? When will it come out? And, what should they do? What do we want them to do?

This is my call on this:
    S10 - Make the normal aliens have better damage, but less health. Make grade IIs have less damage, but more health so they are like a tank. Add grade IIIs, with good damage and good health. Also, make so generals and officers can drop bounties. The grade IIIs should have a 75% on bounties. Give the alien S10 missions more tokens, and more axp.

Professions - Redo adventurers, with that I mean, remove the good 1hb,2hb and 2he and put them somewhere else. Nerf trader drains and snares in PvP. Make the pet professions better, because they suck atm. The pets can do ok, ( they need to get better aswell though ) but the pet professions can't really do anything themselfes. Docs: They actully suck themselfes, give them roots, snares and better DoTs. Fixers, they need to be redone. MAs, they need a big unerf. Bad dmg at low levels, their heals suck at lower levels and they suck. At the MA part of this forum, there is a thread about adding some special MA gloves. Not a bad idea, but I have some even better suggestions. Remove 1hb requierment from MA weapons such as parry sticks and turn spirit sticks. Add sneak attack to fists. I mean, sneaking up behind someone and choke them with your bare fist is still a sneak attack. NTs: I do not agree with this, but I've heard some people that hates kiting. They dont know how to remove it. I say: dont remove it, but remove some of the ppl that is doing it. OSTs. Add a small taunt in AoE nanos, and nuking with ost will be impossible. Only 1 bad thing, then u can use healing pet while kiting, which means u can get hit. i mean, why did FC add nukes if it werent for kiting? Well, maybe if the stupid enfo is mongoing in a big group of enemies and u wanna kill them all but its not very often that happens.

Stuff - weapons - Shotguns. They suck, nerf crits, and give them better min and max damage. Pistol, they suck aswell. Better damage done by specials. 1he, uber at higher levels, uber in PvP, but super gimp until you can get your first chiroptera. 1hb and 1hb needs more weapon choices at 150-200. Make the JAME blaster better, but more rare. Armor - Not much here, but a bad armor will do to much difference. I mean, a gimp is a super gimp. there is nothing in between.

Perks - Not very much here, just remake them a little.

*RK Missions* - This is a must. There is some other threads about this, but I will still say what I think. Now, people is doing RK mishes for Tokens, you can barely see the Xp you get from a mission. Its like, a mission is a token with a small xp and cred bonus. Make a difference, give RK mishes a good XP bonus. I guess everyone has done a daily mission? Maybe, you've had a daily when you are supposed to kill like, 3 of these, 3 of those... Then, you are getting a daily XP mini reward. Add one of those to every mission when you are completing it. The only bad thing with this is that single missions would give less XP then team missions. So give the team mission bosses better loot or give two mini Xp rewards for team mission. Also, at low levels you would get like 1 lvl per mish, thats a problem. Add so you get more cash for completing the mission, but less loot in missions. Also, another reason to why I don't do Rk mishes is that I have to damn far to travel. So my idea was to make some kind of teleport in the grid, which will teleport you straight to the mission, but cost 1m.

There is more stuff, but I forgot it for the moment. Please, leave comments, and tell me what more should be edited and what you think about my suggestions.
    Last edited by alabraxa; Sep 27th, 2010 at 17:46:09.
    Trox <3

My opinions to your suggestions:

s10 - I kinda like it how it is now, tho generals & co could drop at least something. Killing them now without mish running is always feeling kinda like a waste.

Advies - With 1hb, 2he and 2hb? Where? The ones I've seen use 1he or pistol. About traders, they have no snares at all, but drains could use a bit tweaking, I agree. Crats and engies are top DDs, and can do great(engies) or at least decent(crats) in PvP. MPs kinda suck nowadays, tho. Docs, on the other hand, are one of the strongest professions in game.

Stuff - No. In the current game, the gear we have is quite decent. Also, shotties and pistols are not bad weapons at all.

*RK missions* - Despite what everyone keeps saying, they're great fun and decent xp. Get a team (3 is enough) and pull 100% (ie. the hardest you can pull) mishes. One mish should provide 2 or 3 dings for everyone in team, and they don't take long, especially at TL3 and low TL4.

All in all, I mostly disagree.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    My opinions to your suggestions:

s10 - I kinda like it how it is now, tho generals & co could drop at least something. Killing them now without mish running is always feeling kinda like a waste.

Advies - With 1hb, 2he and 2hb? Where? The ones I've seen use 1he or pistol. About traders, they have no snares at all, but drains could use a bit tweaking, I agree. Crats and engies are top DDs, and can do great(engies) or at least decent(crats) in PvP. MPs kinda suck nowadays, tho. Docs, on the other hand, are one of the strongest professions in game.

Stuff - No. In the current game, the gear we have is quite decent. Also, shotties and pistols are not bad weapons at all.

*RK missions* - Despite what everyone keeps saying, they're great fun and decent xp. Get a team (3 is enough) and pull 100% (ie. the hardest you can pull) mishes. One mish should provide 2 or 3 dings for everyone in team, and they don't take long, especially at TL3 and low TL4.

All in all, I mostly disagree.

Hmm sorry that I wrote snares at traders, I was thinking about roots. With the advys, look at their skills. Light blue 2hb, 1hb, 2he, piercing, melee enery... but they have blue Fast attack. Why not remove the light blue 1hb 2hb... and place it in places where it belong? My point was that they have awesome skills nobody has every used. I dont see how docs is the strongest prof ingame, they have good Hp but bad dmg. About shotgun and pistols, yes a CDR or Kyr pistol or salabim shotgun, yes they can be good. 1. not froob friendly. 2. Expensive.
    Rk mishes, you might think they are fun, but I do not. We have split opinions on this. Also, sorry I didnt think about the low levels, they can be good XP, but the good XP ones is not soloable, and at high levels they give bad xp even at 100%.
    Trox <3

Why are you complaining that Doctors, the quinessential cleric class in AO, does low damage? And what would require them to have roots and snares?

And make the JAME better? The thing is already enormously powerful in the hands of a lowbie Trader, and a fantastic support weapon for Doctors and Engineers, and you want to make it hit even harder!?

Those "stupid Enfos" Mongoing large groups of enemies is part of their job, and the NT AOE nanos are designed to do massive damage to multiple targets to stagnate the damage from the group of mobs. There are very few encounters that take advantage of this, and the fact that their best AOE is a 5 meter radius nano and no SL AOEs (or hell, better AOE DOTs) exist really undermine the usefulness of a unique class mechanic. If you really wanted to improve NTs, I would have all RK and AI DOTs act as the AI DOTs do now, and give additional damage to the target with every nuke casted at it (and at the same time buff the extra damage that nukes deal when casted on a target with an AI DOT running them, at least much higher than a paltry 200ish from IU+SI).

I will agree that there needs to be a better selection of weapons for some lines, particularly in the melee categories.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Well, I said make JAME better, unerf the special attack recharge time. But I also said, lower the drop rate. Yes, it is powerful in the hands of a lowbie trader, and it would make it even more powerful. but if they nerfed the droprate, it would cost about 100m, and for those 100m you can use much better guns. Another alternative would be to give it higher reqs, but still make it better. Look at tiig beater VS JAME. Tiig beater is better, and have lower reqs. I have actully seen a 25 with the lowest ql tiig beater. about the doc - I think that doc is a support/defense prof. snares and roots is very much defense. I do not actully have a high lvl doc, yes docs can do good dmg, I have a 24 nubstick doc and she does great dmg. But, I have many 220 doc friends and they tell me that the avarange doc is not really an awesome dmg dealer. About the NT, I did not say that the enfos job was not to mongo, and I did not say that the NT should not AoE. Also, I actully said that that maybe was FCs point to add AoEs. I dont have anything against kiting, they level me and I pay them for the job, sounds fair and that is how it is and should be. I gave the ppl complaining an idea to work on and I said that it could be a problem.
    Trox <3

Quote Originally Posted by alabraxa View Post
    Well, I said make JAME better, unerf the special attack recharge time. But I also said, lower the drop rate. Yes, it is powerful in the hands of a lowbie trader, and it would make it even more powerful. but if they nerfed the droprate, it would cost about 100m, and for those 100m you can use much better guns. Another alternative would be to give it higher reqs, but still make it better. Look at tiig beater VS JAME. Tiig beater is better, and have lower reqs. I have actully seen a 25 with the lowest ql tiig beater. about the doc - I think that doc is a support/defense prof. snares and roots is very much defense. I do not actully have a high lvl doc, yes docs can do good dmg, I have a 24 nubstick doc and she does great dmg. But, I have many 220 doc friends and they tell me that the avarange doc is not really an awesome dmg dealer. About the NT, I did not say that the enfos job was not to mongo, and I did not say that the NT should not AoE. Also, I actully said that that maybe was FCs point to add AoEs. I dont have anything against kiting, they level me and I pay them for the job, sounds fair and that is how it is and should be. I gave the ppl complaining an idea to work on and I said that it could be a problem.
    Please use paragraph breaks because my eyes hurt.

Also, I think most the things you said are unnecessary but troxes should be nerfed as well as paying for kites.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Seemed like allot of OP's original post was vague enough to boil down to

"Fix it"

I saw allot fo "please fix this" ideas in there..but not much in the way of a actual idea. Ansd other "give docs roots and snares? What??! How does this make sense? why not give them Full auto, DoF and Biosheild. So we all can play the same class with no variety?

I want my Fixer Nukes!
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

i also disagree with most stuff in OP that are not being done in rebalance (e.g. : most pets are gonna get some bump, as we saw with crat already, prolly MP too, engi will see) :

- S10 has been changed several times, i like how it is now : hard but rewarding.
    - your profession "suggestions" are blurry, confused and/or not welcomed.
    - weapon suggestion ... the only weapons i agree FC should check are the froob upgradable (- types), and we did several topics to mention this.
    - perk : did you read the docs ? think all is okay ? i don't, just for example : notum repulsor need to be balanced.
    - rk mish : i barely agree on XP bump (that's the only point i'm okay with) as now it's ridiculous compared to anything else ... but i'm 100% against a teleporter to mish, as i think the whomp/grid/fgrid network is enough, and the aspect of exploration is part of a MMO.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE