Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means – September 24th, 2010 – Questions and Answers

Last page
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

you missed my: when?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I’m not a huge roleplayer but from a story perspective it has always felt absurd that you could return to being neutral after taking a side in the conflict. This would be used to flip-flop between sides and we would definitely see a “bandwagon” effect in Notum Wars. From a technical perspective it also plays havoc with player faction levels. I have no plans for implementing Sided-Neutral changes.
    It's not that Absurd. There's an Omni-Tek Employee who works for Omni-Com. This Employee's job is to maintain the Grid. He works for 40 years maintaining the Grid, never lifts a finger in the war. This employee retires and moves to Newland.

Being Retired he is no longer Omni. Living in Newland he would be considered Neutral.

This example can apply to any of a very large number of situations.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    "Absurd" is that you can already flip-flop between sides you've previously betrayed, but you can't resign your commission.
    So true.

"Absurd" is that you can already flip-flop between sides you've previously betrayed, but you can't resign your commission.
    Neatly put. It makes no sense to be able to keep going back and forth to betray over and over, and aren't told that they're no longer welcome in either camp after a bit. Anyway wasn't there background story about people dropping out of the conflict and going neutral?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    It's not that Absurd. There's an Omni-Tek Employee who works for Omni-Com. This Employee's job is to maintain the Grid. He works for 40 years maintaining the Grid, never lifts a finger in the war. This employee retires and moves to Newland.

Being Retired he is no longer Omni. Living in Newland he would be considered Neutral.

This example can apply to any of a very large number of situations.
    Of course he got his retirement plan with Omni-Tek, Omni-Tek protects, Omni-Tek is your friend, Omni-Tek helps you even after retirement.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Thanks for the update... Good to get some solid news across the range of subjects

And...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

All hail Means!

Thanks for clearing so much things up in one single blow! Have a great weekend now!
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Ye Makers that's a wall of text. Thanks Means !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

The Hecklers, What about the hecklers JIM?

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    We have had some discussions here about the “laddering” that currently goes on at tower wars and we do intend to examine the issue more closely. With everything else going on I can’t commit to a timeframe on this one.
    Delicious. Think of the PvM crowd when you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk
    QFT
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

None of these ranges are “set in stone”. That being said the ranges will get a chance to run on the Live dimensions so we can monitor how it goes…and if changes are necessary they will be made.
    Well it's good that you'll be paying attention to it, but it could take a good long while before the consequences of the changes are really known. Say in maybe 6 months when a sizeable number of people have leveled/made/remade their twinks you might have the full picture...

I’m not a huge roleplayer but from a story perspective it has always felt absurd that you could return to being neutral after taking a side in the conflict. This would be used to flip-flop between sides and we would definitely see a “bandwagon” effect in Notum Wars. From a technical perspective it also plays havoc with player faction levels. I have no plans for implementing Sided-Neutral changes.
    As said by others, flip-flopping directly between sides is possible AND according to the timeline (which is official storyline afaik) neutrals emerged from Omni and Clan employees.

Quote Originally Posted by "Timeline, year 29250
    FIRST APPEARANCE OF NEUTRALS
    The first "neutrals" appear when Omni-Tek employees - as well as clan members - abandon their affiliations and settle in non-political zones. Fearing more ICC interventions, OT authorities turn a blind eye to these neutrals.
    I'm not sure what the technical issues with faction levels are exactly, but I bet a simple solution can be found (for example making a faction requirement to use the resignation form...? ) .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

i dont rp either, though according to rp history neutrals are all resigned sided folks. but i digress as my real concern is that people can already side hope in NW with the side change forums. someone pre 200 can at the moment side hope infinitely clan to omni to clan etc and nw has not suffered. finally for player faction if the player is choosing to go neutral again its their faction that they are gonna destroy.

if they are ever implemented they need to have the extreme time lock on them just like sided aps have now...

side note any idea when we will see next revision of bs ranges?

Sorry Means, but the storyline supports changing to Neutral. Jobe itself is populated by (and was in fact founded by) former Omni-tek Scientists who broke away from the conflict.

I think everyone (post 200) should be allowed one side change wether it be to neutral, omni or clan but as no-one likes a flip-flopper it would be fair to say once you have changed your toon is stuck with that side forever as if he changed again no side would ever trust him.
    Last edited by Neista; Sep 24th, 2010 at 17:24:51.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Nano breed suit?

The original perks certainly weren’t tested to the extent you are speaking about or we wouldn’t have the perks we do today. In terms of feedback I think that we know by now who is capable of providing us with good feedback and who is not. I don’t believe perfection is achievable with the perk systems…but we are confident improvement is a certainty.

/satisfied

Keep it up, Means
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Just a quik question: Won't this mean you will have to adjust stuff for both the old and the new version? Supporting 2 versions will cost time as well
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

Quote Originally Posted by darkwalkx View Post
    Just a quik question: Won't this mean you will have to adjust stuff for both the old and the new version? Supporting 2 versions will cost time as well
    Yeah I think it's a really bad move to satisfy a minority of the players that refuse to upgrade their antique systems.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Please don't touch and nerf my runspeed yet again!
    i remember the days when i moved like lightning, jumped higher than the sky..and used my Yalm as a submarine!...Small changes to these normal things is slowly taking away some of the Edge that AO has in my opinion.
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast