Thread: New Bureaucrat pet buffs

New Bureaucrat pet buffs

Currently, these buffs are explicitly restricted to the robotic pet only (e.g. not charms):

- Pet heals
    - Pet taunt/damage/debuff procs
    - Pet aggressiveness buffs

My main concern here is that this will likely mean these nanolines will end up like the current fixer summons, MA lend nano and other such buffs: they won't be used. Ever.

Taking pet taunts as an example: throughout the largest part of the leveling experience and the entirety of the endgame experience, we go to lengths to avoid our bot getting aggro. We use charms for meatshields. We use bots as more of a large DoT e.g. extra damage.
    There are but very few certain situations where our bot is the superior tank. With the improvements to the Gallant Slave lines, this will hardly ever be the case. Hell, most I can think of is for instance ToTW, where there's only low level mobs for charming and you can twink the hell out of your toon to cast the top bot.
    As such, we won't be ever be using the taunt proc.

As for the pet heals. They look nice, but really.. I don't imagine I'll be using them often.

With the current way healdelta works for mobs and pets, why on earth would I be casting this heal? /pet behind is infinitely more effective. On top of which; it's droid only. As stated before, he doesn't tank. He takes a hit every now and then, but we try and avoid him taking aggro.
    Currently, I never use the pet heals. I use /pet behind or just let him get killed and pop a new shell. Even though the new heals are ~twice as effective, 500 HP/second is still fairly laughable. If something can kill the bot when he's on /pet behind, it's a safe bet the 500 HP/sec isn't going to make a difference.

- Would it be possible to open up the proc lines to be usable on charms? Not only will this likely prevent them from being a nanoline that will only gather dust, it will also help in preventing Charms from falling behind other pets, again.

- Is it possible to, instead of a flat heal, change the heals into percentage heals, and make them usable on charms? The reason for percentage heals is that, if they do get usable on charms as I'd like to see, 500 HP/sec on a mob with the healthbar our charms have is well... pointless.

- And while we're at it; could ya increase the duration of Corporate Strategy? It went from +600 AAO and +500 damage to +300 damage. The first is very much worthy of recasting in combat, the latter is most definitely not. Is it really so bad to just extend the buff duration to what seems to be the new norm of 4 hours? The two minute duration is just very annoying for such a relatively weak nano.

Of course, I make all these comments with the current pets in mind. If you plan on drastically changing both charms and bots, it might not be needed at all.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 20th, 2010 at 11:22:40.

FC said they would be reworking bots and bot stats from the bottom up. Given that the nano rebal is giving a lot of stuff to make the bot a better tank I would assume that the bots hp and other such things are likely goign to be reworked. That would seem like common sense for fc to do any way considering those nanos. Still if the bot dosent become a better/more effective tank then charmed pets I'd agree with you.