Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Nerf the NT strong roots

it would be 26% checked twice. its not the same as adding it up, and making it 52%.

for example, if there was a quad nuke, 4 hits, if you're adding it up that's a guaranteed root break or 104%, which wouldn't be true, it would be 4 nukes, checked 4 times at 26% each; not 1 nuke added up to check 104%.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Correc'

45% / 5 sec = 9% / sec
    vs

26% / 3 sec = 8.66666 % / sec

(mathematicly talking i dunno if i can calc a chance per second to break a root like that but the point is approximative)

Wath's matter is IU recharge (1sec), versus 4 sec for double, so you can react quick to a deroot. 52 or 45% on double says the same thing.

If double wasn't checking its chance to break twice like i believe it does it could be worth using it even knowing the 4 seconds recharge on double (+1 sec casting the other root).

I'm pretty sure that doubles and Triples do not check to break twice and three times, respecitively, since there is only ONE check to see if the double/triple lands and it's the landing check that is the trigger to break, not the number of hits you get from that nuke landing once.

I think the test is simple ... see if DoT's can break roots after the first tick. I'm pretty sure they don't, but my experience with DoTing profs is limited.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 4th, 2010 at 21:35:08.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm pretty sure that doubles and Triples do not check to break twice and three times, respecitively, since there is only ONE check to see if the double/triple lands and it's the landing check that is the trigger to break, not the number of hits you get from that nuke landing once.

I think the test is simple ... see if DoT's can break roots after the first tick. I'm pretty sure they don't, but my experience with DoTing profs is limited.
    ANY source of damage, will trigger the check. And DoTs can break roots.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

holy crap, I can't believe you actually posted that. are you awake? oO you're wrong on both.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Don't you have an NT?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Please do tell how an NT is supposed to tell if they break a root on the first, second or thrid damage tick on a double or triple? They occur simultaneously. Answer .. you can't. Thanks And YOU have NT's?

Like I said, I'm not too familiar with DoTing profs and when being hit with Dot's I'm typcially using things to break my roots anyways, so it's not clear to me if I'M breaking the root, or the DoT is doing it for me.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 5th, 2010 at 16:58:37.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Please do tell how an NT is supposed to tell if they break a root on the first, second or thrid damage tick on a double or triple? They occur simultaneously. Answer .. you can't. Thanks And YOU have NT's?

Like I said, I'm not too familiar with DoTing profs and when being hit with Dot's I'm typcially using things to break my roots anyways, so it's not clear to me if I'M breaking the root, or the DoT is doing it for me.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

I'm pretty sure they don't, but my experience with DoTing profs is limited.
    You can roll them pretty easily but...isn't enforcer a DoTing prof

Although, I'm not sure the rage DoT effect breaks CC tools, and no, NT's thinking it does is not a fact. Easy to test, so test it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789