Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Nerf the NT strong roots

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    There shouldn't be anything in game that prevents an Enforcer from running up to you and wtfrape you. Enforcer, like soldiers, are meant to pwn everyone, amirite?
    Thats the other thing that the balancing will have to sort out. If enforcers are no longer an instant-alpha profession come balancing, and instead need to maintain close combat for extended periods of time, then there miight be issues.

Besides, I am expecting unrageable snaring nukes on my NT, and kiting will likely only improve if I am able to use NSII and move.

And moonbolt...NT's can get decent NR, MA's can match our NR with a heavy sacrifice, but enforcers are the only ones with 3200 static without any penalty. Whether that matters after we get debuffed or not is another issue, but enforcers are kings of NR and MA's have the highest NR potential after combat as started.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 19th, 2010 at 15:49:56.

i dont consider a buff that needs to be refreshed every 40 secs static but ohh well..
    yeh enforcers has the highest NR w/o sacrifizes.

and ocene...
    the only toon i see in ur sig is a soldier...
    and sure lol... soldiers dont play in the same legue as enfs.. (sarcasm)
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    and ocene...
    the only toon i see in ur sig is a soldier...
    and sure lol... soldiers dont play in the same legue as enfs.. (sarcasm)
    Yep, I don't list them. But I have toons.

I would consider soldiers better in mass pvp at the same rate enforcers are better in random encounters. Actually, enforcers probably completely smash soldiers in the differences of random encounters.

So no, soldiers do not play in the same league as enforcers, and for all the joy of being able to FA people from a safe distance I would never trade my enforcer's toolset for theirs (ok maybe AMS for mongo ). Maybe in duels we can count them as the same league, since most people are killing soldiers and enforcers at the same amount of time after their defenses are used.

Don't compare soldiers versus enforcers.

Compare soldiers versus every other profession, then do the same for enforcers.
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 20th, 2010 at 02:40:27.

Empowered Roots are by far the ABSOLUTELY BEST NANO IN THE GAME.

It is the only nano that I can think of that actually lowers the intelligence of the person playing.

Disclaimer: Only has this effect against Enfos.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

lol I know, they seem to forget about FM's/rods/motr all together, i guess it's the "if i can't rage out of it, it aint fair" syndrome. and our roots break so easily on dmg, it's not like it's a death sentence right away.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    How can the NT buy time, when it's pretty much perma stunned from beginning to end from the enfo?

That's the something retarded that should be fixed now.
    It is, because no good NT is stunned from beginning to end by the Enforcer. Also, range.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    lol ok sure
    Glad you agree. I suppose as a MA you wouldn't need to worry about roots unlike an Enforcer. (You don't)

There shouldn't be anything in game that prevents an Enforcer from running up to you and wtfrape you. Enforcer, like soldiers, are meant to pwn everyone, amirite?
    Nah they should be able to run up and attempt an alpha. An enf alpha vs a skilled player will not kill that player unless they are under attack or unprepared. Thats how it is. If an enf is reguarly killing you, find out why and play better. I've outlined many times how this is doable by every class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Enforcers these days have quite insane capabilities. AOE stuns, insane HD/hots, excellent alpha, amazing RS/NR/AAD.

They don't fight in the same league.
    No, they don't. Soldiers get far more kills and are more durable vs most of the classes relative to Enforcers. Enfs rate medium in every catagory, they don't excel at anything other than .. NR, which they more or less need because any debuff means that the debuffer is immune to anything the Enforcer can attempt to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    lol I know, they seem to forget about FM's/rods/motr all together, i guess it's the "if i can't rage out of it, it aint fair" syndrome. and our roots break so easily on dmg, it's not like it's a death sentence right away.
    It's not a death sentence right away, but it is a death sentence. I can sit there churning QL275 Free Movements all day, but it won't break the root. MOTR is useless when you're already rooted. You could use a Rod though, but noone really uses these outside of paper PVP.

You get rooted, you die. It's crap gameplay, and its one that should be avoided in any MMO, which is why you see in most games with an idea of balance, that its the melee classes that tend to have powerful CC abilities, not Ranged ones.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

that's pretty much how we feel about stuns and fears. enjoy.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    It is, because no good NT is stunned from beginning to end by the Enforcer. Also, range.

Nah they should be able to run up and attempt an alpha. An enf alpha vs a skilled player will not kill that player unless they are under attack or unprepared. Thats how it is. If an enf is reguarly killing you, find out why and play better. I've outlined many times how this is doable by every class.
    As it is now, an enf allowed to start his (mechanics circumventing) alpha is forcing the NT into def mode, usually NBG, which means the fight is most prolly already ticking its last 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkstaah
    It's not a death sentence right away, but it is a death sentence. I can sit there churning QL275 Free Movements all day, but it won't break the root. MOTR is useless when you're already rooted. You could use a Rod though, but noone really uses these outside of paper PVP.

You get rooted, you die. It's crap gameplay, and its one that should be avoided in any MMO, which is why you see in most games with an idea of balance, that its the melee classes that tend to have powerful CC abilities, not Ranged ones.
    Cmon, be serious. Given the amount of health/heal enfo have atm, how long does it take for a NT to kill a good enf while keeping him rooted? Statistically and realistically, roots never see the end of their duration, they break long before that.

I'm not saying it doesn't ever happen, I have killed enforcers that way, staying in max range, praying that MotR wouldn't be up any time soon and using CB, RE, (Sup)BoA and IU. But the chance something goes wrong are very high.
    In a duel, it might be to NT's benefit, alright, but in any other occurence, the chance someone pops around and break the switzerland engineered routine needed to drop the enfo is higher than high.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

very well said.
    T O O N Z:

Yeah, no enforcer has managed to kill anyone since 2005.

Yeah, no enforcer has managed to kill anyone since 2005.
    Plenty bad players around, but thats it. Sorry, I don't consider myself or worthy opponents one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    As it is now, an enf allowed to start his (mechanics circumventing) alpha is forcing the NT into def mode, usually NBG, which means the fight is most prolly already ticking its last 30s.
    Plenty of time to root, and run off. This is a WORST CASE scenario for a NT. ANY other (likely) better case results in enf being rooted before this. Also, what about NS2? Don't say it doesnt exist. Don't say it isnt popular, Don't say it won't work.

Cmon, be serious. Given the amount of health/heal enfo have atm, how long does it take for a NT to kill a good enf while keeping him rooted? Statistically and realistically, roots never see the end of their duration, they break long before that.
    Without rrfe? Well under a minute. With rrfe? Prob a little longer. Not that long, I'd wager a minute tops.

I'm not saying it doesn't ever happen, I have killed enforcers that way, staying in max range, praying that MotR wouldn't be up any time soon and using CB, RE, (Sup)BoA and IU. But the chance something goes wrong are very high.
    In a duel, it might be to NT's benefit, alright, but in any other occurence, the chance someone pops around and break the switzerland engineered routine needed to drop the enfo is higher than high.
    So what you're saying is, if you know whta you're doing, and do it right, you'll be fine and this is an idiot gamebreaker for enfs CURRENTLY.

There's a reason roots are getting durations like 10 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown, with same/similar same NR they have now.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Empowered Roots are by far the ABSOLUTELY BEST NANO IN THE GAME.

It is the only nano that I can think of that actually lowers the intelligence of the person playing.

Disclaimer: Only has this effect against Enfos.
    I disagree.

I generally tab out and start reading when this nano lands on my enf and just wait for decon, I've become a much better developer due to this effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Think before casting AMS? Please. I don't have a sold (not a tl7 one anyway) and I see how retarded this is.

Kink stop being ridiculous. The roots have a 1/4 chance of breaking each time the NT hits you. The NT has to use IU and pause after every nuke to make sure it didn't break. Versus 35k hp+10k coon+enf absorb+castable absorbs+mongo+bior+HD, it takes several high risk minutes to kill an enforcer. You have a 20% root/snare resist hud. If the NT used NBG to get you CB'd and rooted (ie a one on one) while in offensive mode, and then bounces even 1 root of that hud item, the NT gets insta'd. Same with MoTR. Then there are things like FMs (275's remove it in 3), rods, and Spirit Purges (complete root removal every 30s).
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Sep 20th, 2010 at 17:09:00.

Plenty of time to root, and run off. This is a WORST CASE scenario for a NT. ANY other (likely) better case results in enf being rooted before this. Also, what about NS2? Don't say it doesnt exist. Don't say it isnt popular, Don't say it won't work.
    If you're stupid enough to stick around and not use los while a NT NS2's I'm afraid you deserve whatever the NT does to you.

killing an enf with an NT is a practice in perfection. there really isn't any room for the smallest mistake. and even 1 more enemy add to that mix and you're in trouble. in fact a few of my fights with certain enfs have lasted long enough for them to use motr twice lol. i guess it's all about how hard you're willing to fight to stay alive
    T O O N Z:

No, they don't. Soldiers get far more kills and are more durable vs most of the classes relative to Enforcers. Enfs rate medium in every catagory, they don't excel at anything other than .. NR, which they more or less need because any debuff means that the debuffer is immune to anything the Enforcer can attempt to do.
    Either your enfo is a complete gimp, or you like to purposely lie. Saying Enfos are only good at NR and suck at everything else shows how much you know about enfos or how much you want us to know.

Either way it's ridiculous, enfos need a big fat nerf now, this 1h edge/1h blunt situation has gone a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    No, there’s not plenty of time to root between stuns and casting interruption in an enf alpha (for now). The Worst Case scenario as you call it is one of a grand total of two scenarii: either I have the headstart needed to CB and root, or he has.
    Also you will note I said “usually NBG” and “prolly …ticking” precisely because it’s the most likely occurrence. NS2/IU PvP Nts are the oddballs these days, except in duels, but duels aren’t the occurrence considered by FC to design their rebalancing.

Without rrfe? Well under a minute. With rrfe? Prob a little longer. Not that long, I'd wager a minute tops.
    Nope, it’s a lot longer than that.
    First because, if we imagine that particular situation, we are most likely at max range, which puts you out of perk range, and even by staying in the 25/30m limit, we need to keep our perks under strict control, cause they are as likely as any nuke to break the root. Not to mention being in range to perk you means a single moment of freedom for you prolly is a death omen for us.
    Secondly, we can only use CB and IU to damage you , as DoTs set you free and LE nukes recharge makes it a deadly blunder to use them.
    Thirdly because even without rrfe, 23% reflect from graft, bracer and bioshield combined with layers are a good source of damage mitigitation against an IU that is in no way a AS or a FA damagewise.
    Lastly, it takes us a lot to time to make sure you’re CBed, REed and rooted, so we don’t chain IU every 3s. That alone allow enforcers to use several cocoons and to heal a huge bunch of hp through mongo, HD, and bioshield’s heals.
    So what you're saying is, if you know whta you're doing, and do it right, you'll be fine and this is an idiot gamebreaker for enfs CURRENTLY.
    What I’m saying is that we have the upper hand in duels, given some circumstances. What I am also saying is that despite this specific root of us, in other occurences than duels, good enforcers are lethal when they have the headstart, and merely highly dangerous when we do.

There's a reason roots are getting durations like 10 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown, with same/similar same NR they have now.
    As far as I know, roots from fixers and crats have 7 to 10s duration for 10s cooldown. And the reason behind the change was the spammability of the nanos, and the fact you could eternally root some docs or sols, not the fact that roots managed to land and actually fulfill their purpose.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Thirdly because even without rrfe, 23% reflect from graft, bracer and bioshield combined with layers are a good source of damage mitigitation against an IU that is in no way a AS or a FA damagewise.
    Lies. Everybody knows that IU = 3s AS.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast