Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General perks

Well, also put yourself in their shoes (you as in everyone of us). After years of playing and gaining experience in mastering a prof and a toolset, people have a pretty good feel for what they have now. So any single change taken out of context of a much larger picture may be seen as disastrous.

A very good example is doc heals being nerfed, without a complete picture, and with current mechanics in place, I can bloody understand any doc that whines about it. They'd be useless with our current toolsets, and if some don't do it in a public forum, they do it in a different way (i.e. account frozen until I know more, no reason to continue as of now). That's just an example, I can think of many more.

I think most of the whines would have been avoided if the base-ground for discussion would have been set from the start.

Well, some big changes can't be avoided.

I was in favour of the stun proc nerf (albeit for difference reasons than the whinesquad) and I'm in favour of burning AS/SA to the ground (also for different a reason). It'll be a massive change, but in the long run you'll adapt and be happy about it.

"Sorry, folks, no crat docs this weekend. Maybe next weekend. In the mean time, here's screenshots of our new roleplaying area, as the Grind was such a successful area that adds so much to the game."

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I think most of the whines would have been avoided if the base-ground for discussion would have been set from the start.
    It was, perhaps not explicitly, but by implication at least.

People just cant, or dont want to, read the parts that say "forget how you have been playing and prepare to learn again".
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Tomorrow the crat dosc <3 Should be very interesting. Or potentially incredibly disappointing and underwhelming
    Sterva is excited. Do I need to say more?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Sterva is excited. Do I need to say more?
    Well, I'm fairly certain Means and Kintaii can be expecting pitchforks. The crat docs will be by far the most inflammatory docs I expect, bar soldiers, perhaps. Anything short of a complete removal of all CC will be interpreted as ZOMGZOPDDdd1111111!!111 WHY DOES FC HATEZ MAI KIPPURZ? NOBODY FEELZ MAI PAIN /slashwrist

Or in short: good fun!
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 16th, 2010 at 16:06:03.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Well, I'm fairly certain Means and Kintaii can be expecting pitchforks. Anything short of a complete removal of all CC will be interpreted as ZOMGZOPDDdd1111111!!111 WHY DOES FC HATEZ MAI KIPPURZ? NOBODY FEELZ MAI PAIN /slashwrist

Or in short: good fun!
    Imagine something like :
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    We thought about it a lot, and raged wars among ourselves over it, but we finally came to a decision. Crats and NTs won't have access any longer to crowd control tools.

PS : Oh, nearlly forgot, both crats and NTs will get access to their own heal nanolines to compensate their loss. Thx for your attention.
    I can nearlly hear the cries.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Yes, you can expect cries. Sure thing, trust me.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Dude, Ang, I think some dev messed with your signature. It's in some kind of weird gibberish.

It's French poetry.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Heh, as far as I'm concerned, I do like to play with tones. I usually write down a lot of stuff of this kind, I just love it (even though it may sound a bit conceited, to use his own rhymes, in order to create a signature ? I don't care much ahah).

French people can't help sounding snobbish, anyway. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    It's French poetry.
    Molle foule or Moule folle?

Do you guys think we'll get some new features in the "new" general perks? Like roots? Or De-roots? *Shrug* Anything else?

On the other hand, just hours until 2 more docs being released! That is quite amazing
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

A root could be interesting in general perks, as well as deroots. Shouldn't be something fancy though, just a nice little plus.

BTW, what makes you believe there will be two docs issued this week?

What makes you believe there will be any? :P
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    What makes you believe there will be any? :P
    Touche, well I just seem to demand it! Since we were starved for awhile now, but I guess that's optimism
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

I demand changes to the Motorist perk line! There's so many possibilities with the generic perk lines... Why not make them even remotely useful?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I demand changes to the Motorist perk line! There's so many possibilities with the generic perk lines... Why not make them even remotely useful?
    With the new Phasefront vehicles, adding some sort of cheap and nasty vehicle as a perk special would be good.

4 Perks, 4 different vehicles.

1st perk gives you some sort of lame Kodiak style "wiggle car".

2nd perk gives you something slightly faster.

3rd perk gives you something that flies.

4th perk gives you something more yalm like.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast