Thread: Suggested levels for cyborg hunting?

Suggested levels for cyborg hunting?

Since apparently cyborg armor only drops from cyborgs (imagine that! , I'm thinking about making my way up their way. What level should one be, approximately, before attempting this? Soloing possible, or pretty much a team effort?

Soloing not possible, since they are both aggro and social, and you are bound to get loads of adds. I'd say 100+, but it all depends on how good your team is. A good level 90 team will have no problems, as a ****ty level 120 team will.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

I started teaming with groups at ~lvl 60 at the 'Borg Factory in Mort for some great exp points. There is much danger in doing this but you will level quickly if you're careful.

Well, that's why Medusas's got 'fixed', a lot of low level noobs leveling way over the speed intended to. I assume we get the same thing with borgs now.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Originally posted by Illuvatar
    Well, that's why Medusas's got 'fixed', a lot of low level noobs leveling way over the speed intended to. I assume we get the same thing with borgs now.
    I never did borgs early.... but sounds like this is no biggy to me.... I mean he did say several teams hunting them..... I mean How many Level 60 teams does it take to equal one Level 90 team???? and the risk of death is fairly high, unlike from what I heard Medusas.... who didn't aggro

I hunted borgs at under L60. Went fine if we were many as long as I didn't get aggroed by wardens or sarges. Being targeted by one of those meant certain death.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Re: Suggested levels for cyborg hunting?

Originally posted by LRRH
    Since apparently cyborg armor only drops from cyborgs (imagine that! , I'm thinking about making my way up their way. What level should one be, approximately, before attempting this? Soloing possible, or pretty much a team effort?
    Well, it depends on how good your team is! But i'd say around 60+ team should do just fine. However watch out for entering the building.....they aggro bigtime there and theres allso alot of them!

PS. Oh....do keep an extra eye out for Seargents...they WILL kill you!

//DrWiZzZ

mmm what cyborg armor are you talking about ? is it the one dropped by borgs in the new staitc dungeon Cyborg Barracks in GTC ? If that is then you will have to get a lvl 80-90 team at least. If you meant cyber armor (but it is not only dropped by borgs ...) and you meant regular burgs then you should start at lvl 60 or so at avalon. A good lvl 60'sh team can solo borgs out of the borg base and 2 teams can take the base itself and then camp it.
    For mort I would wait AT LEAST till 70. lvl 70'sh teams can leech xp at the borg factory but it is very dangerous, brig gen hit for 1k+ on their low defences/AC ... at lvl 80 no doubt you should move from avalon to mort. lvl 100'sh teams can solo borgs at mort.

Solo

-Anyone have any stats on this cyborg armor?

-Does the armor have a unique look?

Cyborg armor looks like Vitos Plasteel, has a level req, high ac in all classes except cold dmg and increase your NCU capasity (boots +3 and pants +8)

It is nodrop and requires stam/psych to wear.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

http://ao.hackersquest.com/show.php3...+cyborg&item=1

That's the list of the Cyborg armors. I don't know if they ever come in higher QLs, or if they're only going to be viable for a few levels and then you're SOL.