Thread: views on notum wars info

views on notum wars info

firstly....

jules34 said:

Are we going to have a 14.6 patch or is shadowland the next patch ?
    i hope ppl read the articles, and the stuff on the 'notum wars' page first.

and i hope i read it correctly.

ok...

the 'booster pack' is not for magic the gathering or star wars or illuminati:nwo or pokemon...

the booster pack is called Notum Wars.

they are releasing both paid(the booster pack) and free(14.6 and on) stuff around the same time frame, so both ppl who get or not get Notum Wars will continue to support the game for the new stuff.

14.6 is, so far, not a love patch, but yet another contents patch(which completely contradicts what someone said before about how they are numbering patches)

here's the short on what's coming up in "In Production":

Just the Facts
    Patch 14.6 should be released later this month, pending Quality Assurance approval. The following are just the few things we think are major changes:

Fixes

The Atrox have more hitpoints and Nano-Mages have a larger nano pool.

Content Additions

A new dungeon for lower-level players.

New nanos for several classes.

All new character creation system!

An arrival hall following character creation is much like a futuristic airport with lots of helpful information about Rubi-Ka.

Booster pack shops...you can't buy anything yet, but you'll see what will be available.

For full patch notes go to the In Production section on our web site. Notes will be posted as the patch goes to test live.
    ............ok, the new character creation thing looks good. look like Earth and Beyond. very good alteration. very...japanese(copy it but make it better than original).... well, again to the point of misleading. the professions selection part looks so good. i wish it was how it is in game. the models are like in game. holding our helmets? nah. a wounded character? nah. =) that stuff makes me think i'm playing a different game. i do like the whole look of it. might make a new char just to play with it.

here's a faster way to get to the screenies:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...enshots/021010

was going to sleep before seeing a link to this whole "new booster info" stuff....wasted 30 minutes or so going thru diggin up info....*sigh* going to sleep now. it's another chinese ancestral memorial day tomorrow....

btw, atrox gets more hp is good. but nanomages don't need more nano points. we need better nano regeneration. there is a difference. having only NT's HE and Trader's un-used nano drains for the entire population's nano depending on this is STUPID. i really hope one of the 'new nanos' is a fix to this situation.

if there's anything to copy from diablo, it would be the 'sorceress's mana shield'. that might tempt FC to finally make a good HE, or maybe the first nano-heal.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Arrow

Rayfield posted...
    14.6 is, so far, not a love patch, but yet another contents patch(which completely contradicts what someone said before about how they are numbering patches)
    Patch numbering system changed about 14.4, so anything stated about patch numbers prior to that is no longer relevant.

And I agree, more nano pool is ok, but faster regeneration (give nanomages a much larger nano delta than other breeds) is what is really needed.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I hope the "added new nanos for several classes" Includes the log awaited sol nanos.

Oh and the New yalms/ground attk vehicles look totally schweet!
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

my opinion on 14.6 & booster

Sure nanomages will probably take more NP, but how will it help them to be ungimped? Nanoregeneration or more NCU is a realistic solution that might help nanomage actually be good for something.

New dungeon is nice, will it work like SoM or Foreman's?

Ground attack vehicles are nice... if you're not a pet class who's pets won't keep up with you anyways. Now people can despise us doing outdoor hunting again as well as missions. Wish I could convert my pets into towers so they'd path better.

Org land wars won't interest until they can fix and complete the org system and make PvP balanced instead of a gank fest.

How long can they continue drawing in new players while the old ones just get discouraged and leave?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

New Dungeon :)

I hope it's the Subway Station named after ME (search for 'subway' posts)
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

ive never played nanomage, but as an adv, i think that for healing classes it will help. in pvp, some of my fights come down to how long my nano lasts, if its a big enough boost, it might be a good start on the right path.

and yes, pvp in general should be more balenced before we try to pull more people into it. "gank fest" is a very good way to describe it. (and a good first step might be to get rid of that 75-200 thing )

ya...the ground vehicles look all nice and stuff....

but until vehicles are actually vehicles rather than yet another item with a visual and a buff.... it won't give the effect of a good battle. everything in AO graphically is too perfect for the 'war-torn' world. ya...there's a few broken buildings. a few wrecked spaceships. but u don't have busted spaceships or a war veteran with 1 leg or something .... ^_^

one of the things i liked about rainbow 6 which was seldomly implemented elsewhere(AO is one of the lucky few). walking with a limp and slowed down severely when in low health. but lets get a few visual representation. (start off easy. a few dings in armor mesh when character is below 50% hp, disappear when character heals up. not realistic, but visually easier to get involved in the game.)
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

I strongly suggest all mission teams begin to power ninja once again, leave no nano cluster on a dead body and always have 6 empty sacks, you will need the CR if you want to be the first kid on the block with a shiny black Yalm!