Thread: What is the difference booster and exspantion???

Red face What is the difference booster and exspantion???

I jsut recieved the funcopm e-mial about the exspansion pack. What is the difference between the exspanshion pack an the booster pack? They both cost money and not included in our subscribtion?
    SHadowland is different than the Notum wars?
    Last edited by Cz; Oct 11th, 2002 at 09:01:47.

Arrow

The booster adds a few new features, primarily towers and new vehicles, it costs $20.

The expansion features new zones, new monsters, new gear, new character options... and will cost more, price not yet known.

That help?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Thumbs up Yes and more??

Thank you!
    It seems that if somone would not get these they will miss out? WIll they both be comming out the same time?
    Will we get any benefits by uupgrading since we already are subscribers and paid for the original?
    It seems in some ways not fair to keep adding these products that cost mre and more adn those already in do not want to miss out?

Thank you!

Re: Yes and more??

Originally posted by Mussar
    What is the difference booster and exspantion???$$$
    Well, "booster" is a word, and "exspantion" is not. That's the first thing I noticed.

=)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

you are adding an add-on my lovely friends.
    No one complains when The Sims adds on and charge 29-39 bucks to do it!
    And how many of those turd burgers have come out?

As long as the expansion is less than a normal game (not a ton less, but some) I will purchase it. The booster to me is a no brainer. The time and enjoyment I get out of the game is 1,000,000 times more worthwhile to me than 20 bucks.

Thumbs up Thank You!

I am just trying to understand that is all. It is certainly an interesting game and the more they add the nicer it will be hopefully

And sorry for my spelling

Arrow Re: Yes and more??

Originally posted by Mussar
    Thank you!
    It seems that if somone would not get these they will miss out? WIll they both be comming out the same time?
    Will we get any benefits by uupgrading since we already are subscribers and paid for the original?
    It seems in some ways not fair to keep adding these products that cost mre and more adn those already in do not want to miss out?

Thank you!
    The booster will be out in November it seems, the expansion probably spring next year though we have no actual date yet.

If you don't buy them you will miss out on some of the features and new content, particularly with the expansion. But they are *not* essential. The booster's main features are the ability to build towers, guild ones and personal ones, the new vehicles, and some enhanced graphics. The expansion's main features will be new zones, monsters, gear and character options.

Yes you will get benefits from upgrading, but no, you don't have to, there will still be patches and new stuff in those rgardless.

Expansions and the like are standard practice in MMORPGs, Everquest has about 4 for example, and as for fair... from FCs point of view it wouldn't be fair for them to not charge something for their hard work... if you wait they'll probably eventually be released as a single product and less cost anyway...

The choice is yours at the end of the day, pay more money get lots more content, or pay no extra money and get less new content. Only you know whether its worth it to you.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper