Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite memory from Anarchy Online?

Well, I have had too many re-installs to keep pictures, but tanking Mord on a shade was a pretty nice feeling at the time.

P.S. I REALLY miss the ingame clock. It was actually ... useful.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 10th, 2010 at 21:59:38.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I really miss the lag-o-meter from the original GUI. You always knew when death was knocking...

Yea, and of course the good old mercbot raids on rimor.
    ಠ_ಠ

Anyone else notice he got the year wrong? its not 29475 its 29484....what? why are you all looking at me like that?...

Still good to see the game getting attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    P.S. I REALLY miss the ingame clock. It was actually ... useful.
    Why not set one of your chat windows with a time stamp?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

The clock in the original GUI was rubi-ka time, not real world time. It would correlate to the day/night cycle on RK too.
    ಠ_ಠ

I have many great memories all over those nine (and even more) years. But if you want a funny one... it''s probably the day in 2002 where I found THE MISSION DOOR :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...issiondoor.jpg
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

There are so many good memories in this game (and tons of drama tbh).. that none comes to mind at first...except one:

Clans were completely dominating TL7 NW and it was Omni week to be at Pande. I happened to be the RL that day.
    What I've asked people was to jump off and meet in PW. The whole 100 people did.

Sounds crazy but as clans were still attacking our sites and more people were joining, I asked..what's best.. we fight or we get a burden. We fought.

And we took PW sites back.. then we moved to DAV and it was a slaughter, finally EFP.

Once this all thing was done I asked everyone back to PAnde.

We ended up with 110 people at Beast^^. One guy told me.. you just lost one guy on the way, we're all here.

Beast then lasted less than 15 mins.

****ing amazing day. Where the collective wins over the self.
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 11th, 2010 at 18:49:54.

My best memories are not about game itself, but about RL stuff tied with game. Back in the 2002 when we discovered this game, we hooked half of college hostel to it. No mater when you came out of your room to corridor for smoke, you could always find someone planing tactics how to beat some encounter or preparing for next mission. So many of students were stuck with game 24/7, some of them even didn't finish college, but it were great times. With some of them i'm still friend iRL after so many years, thanks to this game.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    I have many great memories all over those nine (and even more) years. But if you want a funny one... it''s probably the day in 2002 where I found THE MISSION DOOR :
    Ah the magic doors to nowhere! There used to be like a dozen of them in the oasis in WW (S-E corner). No idea if they're still there. Will have to check some time..
    ಠ_ಠ

my first borg team.. its failed just after when i somehow managed to pull like 4 borgs from nowhere after that i kept doing foremans
    Whooo

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Ah the magic doors to nowhere! There used to be like a dozen of them in the oasis in WW (S-E corner). No idea if they're still there. Will have to check some time..
    nope.. they were removed a year or more ago.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

What is AO without the drama ?
    if AO didn't have Lag and drama I think we all would be bored :P

Anywho .. My best memories in game are
    -Dinging 220 on my advy then realizing I like doc better :P
    -First solo kill one of the best feeling in the world :P
    -Snowball fights in OA :P
    -Solo healing my first pand raid
    -Halloween/Christmas/AO bday =P Seriously anyone who says they don't like social is a liar :P
    -2500 tokens the old school way :P now a days it is too easy

Yup I can go on and on but I will stop :P
    Luckystarr ~ Luckyhealz ~ Luckyrepairs ~ Luckycloverz ~ Luckysuffy ~ Luckyemo ~ Luckybuff ~ Lucky ~ Luckysneak ~ Luckybank ~ Luckylucky =^-^=

Favorite Memories:

Server crashing before Tara, and my org mate Tmur and I were the only ones who could zone in, actually, WE COULDN'T ZONE OUT!!!

Private Tara ftw

Finishing my: 149 MA Twink (Wearing T-3 Pants / SoS / Combined when it was unheard of!) Subsequently, fighting with Infinitynova, and against Driven/Solox

Making a 76 agent who had SPS non-oe self, without AI armor (only AI perks, AI just came out)
    Here's what she looked like shortly after AI came out Shark Lila

Getting Killed by the Giant Tir Worm.

My first Beast Kill

annnnnd...Every Moment !

When I was accepted in Genesis.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    When I was accepted in Genesis.
    Ha!
    i R not spik engrish

The very first halloween. Logged in after patch and the world was black with the fog and I went out into the wild and pumpkin head introduced himself. Have to say seeing the black fog and dark world for the first time was pretty impressive.

Not a favorite but one that I will never forget: Log in after patch and my Freedom Arm Sparkling 3927 guns are gone and in place I have the dreaded no-name icon.

Another one: The day team mission actually worked.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

When I watched phaz do this:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...a/scrn0225.png

And this is why I'm wholly convinced that kiting is bad for the game.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

was polishing off ding 189, or 190 in a rk mish, looted a mob and BAM GA IV disk... I was sitting on the coach with several other people in the room. when i yelled they all looked at me like i was crazy... good times...

Must have been my very first day playing AO and the first following months.
    It was more or less exactly 9 years ago and my very first MMORPG - I was in awe and Rubi-ka seemed massive to me.
    Took me a month to pass lvl 10 because I was busy exploring and enjoying the social interaction and the fantastic atmosphere AO had as a whole. And gfx were awesome back then.
    Sadly, thanks to AO, I barely ever made any homework while in college. Made it through anyway tho

Quote Originally Posted by majere View Post
    Must have been my very first day playing AO and the first following months.
    It was more or less exactly 9 years ago and my very first MMORPG - I was in awe and Rubi-ka seemed massive to me.
    Took me a month to pass lvl 10 because I was busy exploring and enjoying the social interaction and the fantastic atmosphere AO had as a whole. And gfx were awesome back then.
    Most of the fun I had was in massive events like the invasion of Athens by omni forces, raids and towers all around when sides where more important. Soloing and self acomplisment was fun too but not as much.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast