Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Future tl5 BS150-200

In a love/hate relation about this.

I love changes, one of the reasons a mmorpg is a mmorpg is because it's dynamic, if it was static most wouldnt be playing it (imo).

Whether I'll level/retwink my 170 advy at lvl 200 will depend on the reballance in a whole, realy giving an opinion on it now is pointless. And as someone kinda pointed out, NW at lvl165-170 > lvl200, just bring a 220 mate along if you feel troubled (as if such doesnt alrdy happen).

Only things I kinda dislike is that it will be less fun for those vp needing or bs loving 150s who want to stick at s10, and that the side who has the most 150's will be disadvantaged even more then now.

But yeah, lets wait and see how it will be speculation stays speculation.
    Tikay : : : : : 220-30-70 Trox Enf[E]
    Misstikay : :: 220-16-65 Soli Soldier
    Nanotikay : : 180-08-38 Soli NT
    Lykos : : : : :170-22-42 Opi Advy[E]
    Tikay150 : : :150-13-42 Opi Fix
    Sneakyitikay :132-00-13 Opi Shade
    Metatikay : ::126-08-24 Soli MP
    Engitikay : : :100-10-28 Nano Engi

Yeah, the HHAB thing has to get looked at ... otherwise it's going to enfo, advy and maybe some MA's dominating everyone in BS.

Anyone think keeper/shades would start being good that level? Could be
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Keepers i dont think so but shade with medi blade and pen cocoon should have almost guaranteed kill on any lvl 200 enforcer.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yeah, the HHAB thing has to get looked at ... otherwise it's going to enfo, advy and maybe some MA's dominating everyone in BS.

Anyone think keeper/shades would start being good that level? Could be
    I agree about HHAB, and it won't just to be those 3. Any profession that doesn't require debuffing/nuking wins, hands down.

Maybe its time to bring a few more NR items into the game...and really look closely at what NR is.

I think NR should not be Nano skill vs NR. I think Nanos should always land, but with NR the duration of debuffs or the dmg dealt by nukes is decreased.

Example- snare/roots only last seconds. Nukes deal less dmg. This would make fixers happy I know for certain, and really leaves no question marks of nano skill vs NR.

Edit: Was just thinking about less dmg...I don't think a NT doing a 4k nuke is going to be serious (against a 30k+ enforcer). Let Nukes do % of health. Wouldn't that be best? Like a double deals 20%, triple 30% of their max health? Of course it will scale down for the 150-200 BS. Nukes don't hit as hard, enforcers have 15k-ish health.
    Last edited by tharss; Sep 18th, 2010 at 17:07:52.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

No HHAB is fine as it is...

Make it both check HPs AND NR. There's something cool to be done with your ideas, Siege.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

I personally that there should be 0 chance of any different TL's allowed into any bs. One big example that everyone's bringing up is HHAB, but it's also the level that you can wear Pand items too, traders and agents I think would probably be the only ones who could do the TNH belts, but other pand phats would work. Now in all seriousness, what TL 5 could even hope to have a chance V even a crappy TL 5 with a decent sized wallet? Especially if it's only level 150.

As someone has already said, It's a love hate relationship. I like that they are going to be giving me another reason to twink a level that I wouldn't usually, but I see the chance for even less balance than there is now, making it almost unbareable.

My choice would be keeping the levels as is for TL 5 bs. However, being that TL 6 is such a small amount of levels, make a BS for ALL of TL 6 bs. And make a bs for imbetween there being level 175-189 (reason for this being that a lot of items require level from 175 without being a TL 6 req.)
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=163578

Here is what a L 200 agent setup could look like. It's in no way finalized.
    I have a tl5 agent with ai 22, a ton of vp, maxed research , goc and armour set already so it's not far away if I want to.

I'm pretty sure that no tl5 will last more than 5 seconds against this in ANY scenario and most will be insta death.

I love how the butthurt pvmers who cheer this idea on is going to get owned even harder and faster in the future.

Well actually I don't. It's a stupid idea that will kill what used to be tl5 bs and it will make tl5 NW even rarer than it is today.

tharss, how the hell did you calc 30k hp on a lvl 200 enforcer? And about those nukes; they hurt a lot but the worst part are unbreakable roots used vs melee profession.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

[QUOTE=Ciekafsky;5857819]tharss, how the hell did you calc 30k hp on a lvl 200 enforcer? And about those nukes; they hurt a lot but the worst part are unbreakable roots used vs melee professions

I think unbreakable roots against mele profesions are great.
    Nice to see ONE thing stopping tl5 enforcers
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

They fixed the level ranges to be more sophisticated. This is why we make these threads regardless of trollers.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

I'm glad you and your thread are taking responsibility for the new changes. Your awesome thread just 'fixed' BS by reducing a significant number of BS opponents in the optimal TL5 NW twink range. If the 150-200 range didn't kill that range of BS, the 151-174 certianly will be more effective doing it. Good thing, because imagine what might have happened if FC listened to the 'trolls'. Yes, your foresight is certainly amazing. Awesome work.

I can't wait to hear the QQ .... "OMG, my 150 twink for BS is getting killed at TL5 towers." or "OMG, I can't get VP for my 165+ NW twink." Epic.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 17th, 2010 at 19:51:26.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

keep in mind the bad parts about this. with a bs where 214 is top dog, look forward to a lot more tl7's in range of 170+
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

WTB 150-189 BS at last, there is no difference between 170 and 180 guy ...

Cool story Jeko, those d00ds posting "wtb moar tl5 people for bs" every day will be even more happy. Go and drain them from conceal.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Sep 18th, 2010 at 09:44:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    tharss, how the hell did you calc 30k hp on a lvl 200 enforcer? And about those nukes; they hurt a lot but the worst part are unbreakable roots used vs melee profession.
    Was talking about a 220 NT v 220 Enforcer

Right now the NT isn't going to scare the enforcer much, at all.

Just like if a system is in place where people can abuse HHAB.

Imagine an enforcer with HHAB vs a NT at TL 5/6

Thats the kind of hell I am talking about.

Read this...
    Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I agree about HHAB, and it won't just to be those 3. Any profession that doesn't require debuffing/nuking wins, hands down.

Edit: Was just thinking about less dmg...I don't think a NT doing a 4k nuke is going to be serious (against a 30k+ enforcer). Let Nukes do % of health. Wouldn't that be best? Like a double deals 20%, triple 30% of their max health? Of course it will scale down for the 150-200 BS. Nukes don't hit as hard, enforcers have 15k-ish health.
    I said a 200 enforcer should have about 15k, a 220 would have the 30k. Please read clearly?

Edit: I think this system won't even go into place, as the system itself is wack. It should be more balanced levels...like I posted:

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post

I think Gatester got real close.

1-24 -- Subway twinks
    25-55 - -Tl 2/3
    56-100-- tl 3/Foreman twinks
    101-159-- tl 4/S10 twinks/tower twinks
    (Change here)
    160-204--tl 5/6
    205-220--tl 7

Reason: I think several items should be balanced to not allow TL6 or 201+ items in the BS, change the level requirements first to create balance.
    Last edited by tharss; Sep 18th, 2010 at 17:20:15.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456