Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: ALL Melee Users Need To Catch Up To Their Target

Just in case you were still curious about the Carlo AR;

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...1&postcount=22
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...41&postcount=7
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...24&postcount=1

Probably some more threads about it, but three separate calcs seem to agree that it's 2245-'2300'ish' and 1600ish on his wibblywobbly weapon(s). (yes, he has about 7 different weapons )

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Yes, all nanos are instacast, no melee profession has any tools that affect nano init negatively and definitely not stuns to help increase the window since nano init is nerfed already, all ranged professions use aimed shot and there is no drawbacks to using a crit scope and definitely not any other items you might lose out on when using that.

And MA unarmed crit rate not being halved in PvP is just a forum legend, which has not been announced or even tested by anyone. Plus everyone runs around with a full deck of Spirit Infused Yuttos mems these days in addition to the fantabulous OFAB pieces that give crit resist, with these even the mighty MA crit rate is reduced to uselessness.
    Damn, I suppose I haven't thought everything through. Melee obviously should be the most common group of pvpers at tl7. Looking back they have everything, they are the best...perhaps it's just the players that are mistaken?

People rolling tl7 melee and ranged pvpers and abandoning their MAs, Keepers, and shades have just been terrible players. Enforcers all having a single effective choice for pvp, obviously this is the way it should be, now we just have to nerf that one setup because it is constantly getting people killed. These invicible adventurers, having the option of choosing the vastly overpowered melee option, have all sacrificed their effectiveness for the much weaker ranged alternative. My hat's off to you formerly melee and now ranged adventurers, you help make AO a more fair and balanced game for everyone.

And pets, what of these pets? Surely its the pet owners faults that their minions are having difficulties in pvp. Why, if ranged was in any way an advantage, or even melee kiting, then the melee pets would never kill them. People have died, there is no disadvantage, only a lack of skill. Even the attack rating on crat pets that even miss my enforcer when I was a 210 green noob cannot have issues with kiters, only their slightly below average attack rating.

I have been wrong, and I see this so clearly now I feel as though I have been born again. All my ranged pvp experience has been a deception by melee players far smarter than I, ones that knew if they only acted incompetent and handicapped that I would cry out for support to make them better.

Bravo melee users, allowing me to chain-root you, allowing me to kite you and spam AS, fling, burst or FA's against you until you died, allowing me to debuff you completely while you remain halplessly rooted 40m away, and typing /follow to float around the edge of your attack range rather than just running straight to me and alphaing me. The wool you drew over my eyes was thick indeed and this invention of "sync" had me truly fooled.

Even Means was decieved, ranged is the nerfest, but someone must tell him.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 2nd, 2010 at 00:09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Damn, I suppose I haven't thought everything through. Melee obviously should be the most common group of pvpers at tl7. Looking back they have everything, they are the best...perhaps it's just the players that are mistaken?

...snip...

Too long to quote it all, even though it would be worthy of it.
    Great post... /Thread win
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Just in case you were still curious about the Carlo AR;

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...1&postcount=22
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...41&postcount=7
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...24&postcount=1

Probably some more threads about it, but three separate calcs seem to agree that it's 2245-'2300'ish' and 1600ish on his wibblywobbly weapon(s). (yes, he has about 7 different weapons )
    Well I see the numbers, but that does not apply to what I've seen by how often these can actually land hits... Either way, Crattey, I don't know for how long you've been out of game.. But if you start of with the Healer or illusionist cloak on for 10 seconds 15% of damage taken will drain nano instead of hp, ontop of 13% flects, my point is you shouldn't even ever be in that 10% hp range with a first aid in there more like 40-50% hp if you used the 500 absorb from Corrupted flesh/withered flesh aswell and the MA is using Anvil fists thats' 500 dmg off AS and 500 dmg off sneak or dimach/white hit depends which lands first =)

But if it's indeed true that pets don't have more than 1500-2300 AR (unbuffed) then I think pet's has some kind of different mechanic in how hits land and are calculated.

My point beeing in the end though, engineers and crats alike right now.. VS evade professions they have too much damage.. I can still actually beat either one 1v1.. Engi's is mostly the luck game... However against Crats it's mainly because the crats can't play really well or don't have their toolset ready I think... I have a crat myself... so
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post

Even Means was decieved, ranged is the nerfest, but someone must tell him.
    And everyone would surely be on equal footing if ranged and melee weapons plus attacks had the same range. It's not very convincing to claim that there are no compensations to being melee, and that all ranged toons can accomplish everything. Equally so if you claim that if there are compensations for the melees, they are all totally worthless.

Finally, there's no excuse to spreading the word of the absolute PvP truth around here and not knowing MA fist crit chance is not halved in PvP.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Finally, there's no excuse to spreading the word of the absolute PvP truth around here and not knowing MA fist crit chance is not halved in PvP.
    To be honest, I think it is halved in PvP. Notably I always try to look at that, and it may seem like it actually is halved...
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456