Thread: Save AO? Save Farscape First!!

Exclamation Save AO? Save Farscape First!!

Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

no one watches Farscape around here? or am i just posting old news???
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

sorry is AO really SF?

I watch Sci-fi , as my name implys .. i love farscape . I signed the petition along time ago when i first heard it was cancealed

Wonder how john is gonna get back to mayo after wormholing to earth :P

Originally posted by loca
    sorry is AO really SF?
    even if it's not, there is a good amount of Sci-Fi fans in the AO community, which is one of the main reasons we chose AO over DAoC or EQ. (oh, and the little things like Skill based system, and perhaps the claims of something more....can't remember)

and Farscape is definitely a GOOD bit of Sci-Fi that's lost because the Sci-Fi channel pulled it's plug for something else. It's an Australian production, the scripts and the way it's set are quite different than the typical hollywood cookie-cutter crap (*cough* buffy/angel/dark angel/.... *cough*). why is the good ones always the ones that gets scrapped by execs first? Anyone know who airs Invader Zim now(nickelodeon?)

err...Erinsuin? just a note, it's Aeryn Sun and Moya. =P just clearing up some typos. Lani Tupu is such a wicked actor. (the several episodes spanning his theft of Talyn is some amazing acting, not possible by most American TV actors, they or their scripts are often written with self-gratification stamped on their foreheads, and too much chest-hair growth formula....eg. Captain Dylan Hunt of the Andromeda Ascendant)

edited is in silver
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

Originally posted by loca
    sorry is AO really SF?
    This is the offtopic forum, it's fair game.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Farscape is one of the best sci-fi series I've ever seen. I signed that petition a long time ago

...but on TV, it's not about quality, it's about money. All the time, just cash. One should think that a good show sells well, and thus brings in the green.... but I may be wrong about that

too bad sci-fi channel thinks farscape don't rack in the cash....cuz from the ppl who spend money on farscape conventions/products....it seems like they're surely willing to pay money to an unknown person for a 'save farscape fund'. $10k worth in what...2 weeks? from a few dedicated 'fans'? not bad.

*BUMP*

save farscape now.
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

I think i've seen it once, not sure tho... and it was like 10 years ago.. now am I mistaking with another thing?
    Levi "Gridguardian" Denk
    Unit Member of Shattered Clan
    RK2 - Clan Fixer

FARSCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!
    SAVE IT!

its really a great series , the only thing as good as FC is Star Trek TNG and Enterprise

I loved that show damnit, though I didn't watch it for quite a while due to work conflicts, and now it's gone...
    I'm gonna cry 8'(
    What ever happened to Lexx? Now we have some crappy Stargate stuff and what? Complete crap!!!
    Garishna Dual pistol slinging adventurer without a clue.

Originally posted by Gridguardian
    I think i've seen it once, not sure tho... and it was like 10 years ago.. now am I mistaking with another thing?
    prolly another thing. farscape is on it's 4th year this year (and it was only during the summer the cast and crew got note of the cancellation) it's less well known than basic sci-fi like Star Trek, but it's a damn good Aussie show, not yet another hollywood factory line production, and that's one good reason to keep it up.

Lexx....well, it was good for the first 2 "seasons" when it was still in mini-movie format....then xenia seeberg came in a ruined it. =P it had a tried and failed sense of humor....only 'realistic' character was the dead guy(Kai)...and only because he was acting out a dead guy.

Andromeda is the other semi-good show. Lexa Doig is really cute. Kevin Sorbo could be better, but he's a lot better in this than as Hercules. The idea of it still feels like a spin-off of a epsilon quadrant version of star trek...6th finger sort of thing. in total...it's got a lot of non-trekky gadgets...and they have a much less strict regime to follow than a generic star trek script....that's good. gene roddenberry is much more of a god to me than george lucas ever will be.
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki