Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Enforcer Nano Changes

/assist is still for babies.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

The link to the nano document is still broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    The link to the nano document is still broken.
    Touche.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Would it be possible to alter the scale changes on the challenger and essence lines so they don't operate indoors, please? I'm fed up with running around with my head in the ceiling of the dungeons.

Or just remove the scale change altogether, perhaps?

We have asked for the scaling to be toned down/removed so we don't encounter these indoors problems anymore. We will have to see what FC does with that request.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Some of us enjoy being able to become very large, and with FC nerfing the scale it will take away one of the few appealing aspects of the profession for me personally. Include the fact that positive % scale actually has a dramatic effect on our melee range with our weapons, it is already an indirect nerf to our capabilities in combat.

Sure, that's nice for roleplaying, but it's not practical when you head is stuck in the ceiling or you have to zoom your camera out beyond the BS walls to see what you are doing in PVP.

It's my understanding that it's also related to the 'enfo disappearance' problem.

Just remove the enlarge effect of said nanos, FC was planing to make separate size nanos. Allowing players to be any hight they wanted iirc, everyone wins.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Just remove the enlarge effect of said nanos, FC was planing to make separate size nanos. Allowing players to be any hight they wanted iirc, everyone wins.
    Advies scaled to Ruse 4's scale.
    Shades scaled to Ruse 4's scale.
    Docs hiding in a Ruse 4 scale.
    NTs scaled to a Ruse 4 scale.
    Enforcers being in a Ruse 4 scale.
    Crats/Engis/Keepers being in Challenger/Chally Proc scale.

Terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    Docs hiding in a Ruse 4 scale which will make them a giant red glowing blob so everyone can see them.
    oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, we're getting rid of +size modifiers where-ever we can; they were a terrible idea in the first place given how many cramped areas AO has, and they kinda need to go away. So sorry guys, that one's staying nerfed.
    Was in reference to docs enlarge nano losing its scale.

Prepare for all the random bits of armor that give +size to be nerfed or even give -size instead

Did you read the scale modifier part in enf documentation? Pff... Go back to the pink excel! :P
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

^^ There is still SOME scaling in there, but it shouldn't be on the order of what it is now.

I don't really see it as a problem if it is "outdoors" only. But if it is much easier for FC to just toss it out without making exceptions then I have no defendable objections. My issue now is how the hell is FC planning on letting enforcers hit people?

Lowest levels of runspeed+melee range+a long lockout CC tool (unuseable in duels)+constant stopping to cast nanos = The worst fail possible. Imagine keepers if they had to spam nanos every 4 seconds, yes, it could actually be even worse.

You're associating melee range with scaling? Do you have any information that tells us the relation between the two? If not, I don't really think it's a reason to argue it needs to say. If enfos need to close the gap to their opponent, I really don't think the way to do that is some trick by gaining melee range with super-scaling.

I really don't think it's a question of IF scaling affects weapon range, it does.
    Not directly of course, but as a result of scales affect on character models.
    Granted it's usually only the difference of a few 'meters'.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Exact distances and whether or not it is a static increase or proportional to current range needs to be tested. Even a few meters is a large increase for 2-3m range weapons.

My argument is not that %scale should be kept because of an alteration to characters that acts as a pseudo range increaser, I am just pointing out that people begging to get rid of it do not realize that this %scale has been helping them in pvp and people are unaware of what they are asking to lose.

I love the %scale cause i find so uber to be big (lol)

If it increase the range, well I dunno. But I know that your range increase if the enemy is big. >.> I just noticed you can hit alien sector bosses, zods, beast, alien city generals from far.

But I still think its better for enfs to ask for a bit more taunt on imalice and SL procs and cry to tweak down the ncu cost of challenger (150 ncu is killing)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I have tested it dual logged:
    Scale affect weapon range of both you and your target.

But I'm still against scale. It is very annoying. Sometimes it makes game unplayable. I understand that is fun to be size of the building. But I don't want to be punished 99% of the time because of 5min fun.
    Last edited by Dragocze; Feb 10th, 2011 at 15:17:17.
    Dragocz RK1

Wtb disable/enable option for scale effect.

I'd imaging the opposite is true for agents regarding scale.
    As small as they can get it's likely easier to get 'out of range'.
    Against melee types at least, hardly noticeable for them since they are a ranged prof with capped range.

Though does it also mean that an enfo could be hit from outside the capped range due to scale also?

In any case it does need to be toned down, though I could see it being acceptable for each scale modifying buff to only add a 1-2% change.

That way you can still get bigger(smaller) than others, but not so much so that it would be detrimental.
    The scale part was supposedly being made a separate cancel-able part of the buff for when you didn't want scale to factor in.
    Last edited by Esproc; Feb 10th, 2011 at 15:28:23.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast