Originally posted by Yazule

Please sho me where that is admitted? And if that is true, what is the value of all these 3 minute trader buffs that super increase your skills? Please explain that to me? Yes, I really want to know.

I personally self equip my weapons and I get at most an iron circle from a doc for my armor (what else is there besides my ownbuffs and that silly pillow I have). Now I see why people overequip and I never turn down a greybee looking for a brutal thug. All he is trying to do is be the best he can, and that is that.

Your statement is completely unvalidateable. And the evidence (trader buffs) suggest that in fact you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about.

I self equip, come see me if you dont beleive it, and I think that in itself goes to show that it is not so evil to overequip. Heck, if the fixer I play with did not overequip than the 50hp damage cap that he has right now would be more like 20. That is insane.
Admitted in in two ways.. though, i agree, not exactly.

One, Gautes new post clearly creates an anit -overequip posture. Period. So anyone saying that massiv eoverequipping shoud be allowed can now sleep easy knowing that they are going to get hosed when FC puts through game balance measures.

Two, 12.6. 12.6 had a basic implementation in place to stop overequiping cold. But the power levelers freaked so loudly that they reneged. THe fact taht an anti over equip posture was adopted in 12.6, and DUE FOR IMPLEMENTATION, clearly identifies that they wanted to solve this stupidity.

Now, people may say 'aha! but they didn't implment did they! '. No, they did not, and popular view is they had a financial scare. Also, the fact that they are still seekign to actively address this issue, and a re stating a public intent to do so, I would interpret as clear support for an anti over-equip posture.

Profit