Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: deadline wanted for rebalance

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Exactly how is rebalance one year late? The planning phase started less than a year ago..
    ok mister devils advocate, you caught me here, but the initial info did suggest it would be long done by now ( while in reality it looks like they just started working on it - 4 profs released only so far )

at least you agree with me that they are 2 years late on gfx engine

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    As said above, people leave a game because they're not having fun playing the game any more.

If they're not having any fun but they think that the changes will make the game better, then whether or not there's a timeline or a roadmap... they'll tend to leave or at least stop paying - and come back when the changes are in place. Or if they're particularly unhappy with one of their characters, they'll play other characters in the meantime. Or some drop back to playing freebie accounts until the changes hit.

If people are enjoying a game enough to continue playing, then they tend to stick around anyway. The timeline isn't going to make a great deal of difference to them.

The populations now may be less than in previous examples... but people were talking about falling populations before most of the major change patches over the years. We've been here before. We've also seen threads like these before most major changes, where people talk about quitting because of not having ETAs etc... but those people always seem to stick around and populations don't really drop much before major changes and tend to recover pretty well after the changes hit.

AO has had a falling population for some time now - perhaps more because some of the major issues in the game weren't being addressed and perhaps because the game was becoming stale to some extent. Whatever the reason, the announcement of real change in the public domain and GFX improvements are more likely to pull people into the game than to push them away - whether or not there's a deadline.

It looks like we'll have to disagree... but history is certainly more on my side than yours.

X

my point was: after a certain time frame, w.e they do, it might be too late

and if you dont see that stalling things like this for 3 years might be ( might, not saying it will be over any doubt ) the nail to ao's coffin then i just dont know what to say to you

the longer it takes the less chance ppl will bother comming back, the less new ppl will ao attract ( with so many AAA sci fi titles incomming, even more so, sci fi titles using very very popullar sci fi themes )

im not saying this all just to piss the fc team off, im saying that becouse i care ( lol ) about this computer game, and i'm afraid were gettin to a point were it will be just to late to save that sinkin ship
    Last edited by Insane666; Aug 29th, 2010 at 21:22:51.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

I definattely belive the descussion took a wrong turn for a moment there.
    Noone should argue that FC is legally bound to give us a deadline, they are not. What I was trying imply is that paying coustemers should be treated with a bit more respect: for the sake of the product we love and jobs they (hopefully) love.

Even if the AO team is unable to project and/or keep to the approximated release date, they should at least inform the public with as many details possible, and above all, be honest.
    Many of us didn't forget about the engine just because they switched focus on rebalancing and stopped providing any updates related to it. What will be the next big bone they throw on us then ignore? AO-2 ETA: 2012? Turns out anything goes.

As a paying coustomer I believe I deserve to know what's going on with the huge updates that were delayed on multiple occasions. Granted, their delayed release may not stop me for paying for and enjoying the game I love, but being treated with lack of respect and being lied to will.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Tshaar View Post
    As a paying coustomer I believe I deserve to know what's going on with the huge updates that were delayed on multiple occasions. Granted, their delayed release may not stop me for paying for and enjoying the game I love, but being treated with lack of respect and being lied to will.
    Again, that's the perspective of someone who thinks they are entitled to seeing the inner-workings of a business. FC is a corporation. They don't give out competitive information into the public domain. That's just common and good business practice. You might think it's 'disrespect' but there is a reason behind it that you don't comprehend outside your 'I'm a paying customer' bubble.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Again, that's the perspective of someone who thinks they are entitled to seeing the inner-workings of a business.
    Take a different perspective then:
    Last year they announced the engine in their annual report. This year not a single mention of anarchy online.
    How would an investor feel?

Keeping the fine details of a business strategy secret is a sensible choice, however nobody forced them to announce wrong engine release estimate(s) to their number one fans, then almost ignore/deny it's very existence.
    I have a right to feel insulted by that, even if it's called being in a bubble
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

As an investor I wouldn't give a **** ... as long as the projected ROI on FC's product lines was still healthy.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    As an investor I wouldn't give a **** ... as long as the projected ROI on FC's product lines was still healthy.
    Not sure that's the case for AO...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Not sure that's the case for AO...
    Because of recent Age of Conan - the FunCom's "flagship" developments I feel the same skepticism, and hate I to admit it being like the most: a person who has "invested" well more then a thousand USD in AO.
    It's easy to understand how much voting with wallets can harm a firm, and in FC's case it's also easy to see cash democracy in action.

I wonder how much AO's... citizens can put up with.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123