Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TL5 PVP and melee runspeed issue

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    Perhaps buffs such as Velocity and Faster Than Your Shadow could be scaled with Title Levels. In TL5 there is serious need for some more runspeed. But if at TL7 things look more bright to these profs, then perhaps then lower it to its current form back over there
    You do understand that this is never going to happen? You give them candy, but take it away? Oh boi, imagine the tears.

MA's need the rs @ tl7 so your suggestion is stupid.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    MA's need the rs @ tl7 so your suggestion is stupid.
    Oh rly? With wolf graft MAs hit the RS cap at tl7.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Oh rly?
    Yes, really.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

My froob tl5 MA has little more then 1200 RS and I didn't even fully implanted it.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Theres a lot of hate flying around in this thread.

ahem jekonam.

I think it's a little misplaced.

OP has a good point, and I agree. Theres a lot of RS available to certain profs.

Rage is getting a nerf, and probably if the rage RS was dropped form 800 to 400, it wouldn't be too bad, that, and make GSF self only, and RS should be organized fine I think.

The only other issue as far as I know, is the neut issue. I built a neut keeper, and honestly, it takes me so long to get to anywhere in BS that I can't be bothered to play unless I'm intending on building a APT to afk.

point taken, but I think the fix is in GSF removal, and tweaking rage.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    point taken, but I think the fix is in GSF removal, and tweaking rage.
    Thats what I basically said btw.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Even Klod now in this thread? I think we got all the trolls in my honey trap, now lock the doors and burn it with fire!

Just admit that you had a failed whine thread going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    wrong.

he brings up a good point. just because you/we don't agree with his suggestion, doesn't mean the observation is invalid.

Get it together. If you can't troll properly, get a lesson from neccoz/crattey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    Yes, really.
    Well I can hit the RS cap so I guess you must be doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    he brings up a good point.
    1200 run speed tl5 SL/AI MA? Good point of him doing something wrong, yes.

He didn't mention anything about nerfing/adjusting GSF and enf's rage, which is the only thing that would make sense.

1200 run speed tl5 SL/AI MA? Good point of him doing something wrong, yes.

He didn't mention anything about nerfing/adjusting GSF and enf's rage, which is the only thing that would make sense.
    Since you obviously havent even read the whole thread, ill quote myself from earlier.

Anyways, that is possible, if you go in some carebear +runspeed setup. What i was refering with good setup with 1.2k rs, would be CC+ofab pants setup and notu.

Now if you push it, you could instead use inferior to notu +125 Gladiator robe, +100 wolf graft, +100 Ring of Haste instead of better rings and Slippers of Screaming for +60. Oh yeah, almost forgot, if you dont have Fist of the Dominator, then you get also 60-70 from L-wrist at loss of lot better implant.

So yeah, thanks for nitpicking on trivial small details, and totally missing the mainpoint of the thread. Atleast you bumped my thread so thank you come again.
    Also about:

My froob tl5 MA has little more then 1200 RS and I didn't even fully implanted it.
    Thats because there is really only 1 sensible spot to implant/symb for runspeed as MA. L-wrist has Fist of the Dominator, Infantry Symb Leg is better than RS implant (would be only faded cluster anyway). Leaves only R-Wrist open.

Troll better you must learn, young trollawan.

As an example could use 150 MA here. With 1k token board and good equip, should have around 1.2k runspeed. Now in comparison, 170 agent using mimic enforcer, can self with rage around 2k runspeed.
    What an absolutely retarded comparision.

That being said, the problem with melee TL5 toons isn't runspeed, it's keeping a target in range when you have them in range. Runspeed is irrelevant at that point. Sure some specific cases could get some attention, but overall, runspeed is a bandaid fix to a more significant problem. I'm willing to bet that any TL5 melee profession would trade significant runspeed for a root nano that lands.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 18th, 2010 at 15:22:59.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    What an absolutely retarded comparision.
    It's still the reality that waits for these melee profs ive mentioned in BS. Being kited by lot faster AS spammers. I would know, having TL5 mimic enfo agent with 10k solo kills. Other very common theme is being rooted by traders/NTs from distance constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    That being said, the problem with melee TL5 toons isn't runspeed, it's keeping a target in range when you have them in range. Runspeed is irrelevant at that point. Sure some specific cases could get some attention, but overall, runspeed is a bandaid fix to a more significant problem. I'm willing to bet that any TL5 melee profession would trade significant runspeed for a root nano that lands.
    And i agree, it seems as if the wrong profs have the roots in this game. Its the melee profs that could really use em. I also suggested extending range of all melee weapons/fists with meter or two in first post.

Yeah, it's reality but you know what ... there are SOME melee professions that still do well in PVP when they get in range. The issue isn't about runspeed or kiting. Their tools allow them to deal with those situations. You would see alot more successful Keepers and shades if their tools were more suited to TL5. The runspeed wouldn't change the landscape there a whole lot.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 18th, 2010 at 21:30:04.

Thats because there is really only 1 sensible spot to implant/symb for runspeed as MA. L-wrist has Fist of the Dominator, Infantry Symb Leg is better than RS implant (would be only faded cluster anyway). Leaves only R-Wrist open.

Troll better you must learn, young trollawan.
    You are just plain dumb. You can get much more run speed then froob tl5 MA, with PvP setup. It's as simple as that.

self buffed i got 1229 RS on my more or less perfectly pvp setup 150 MA.
    ofcourse u can get more RS then that but not w/o loosing to much stuff in other places like AR for example.

as i said earlier the problem isnt that ranged has to much runspeed or that melee has to little... its that melee doesnt have any good way of catching the kiters and staying in range of them.
    that has to change.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

I don't have time to paraphrase Klod's post or post something as sensible as Crattey's so I will just quote them:
    Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Again, like most mele whine threads, a picture is being painted that in no way reflects reality. Not every ranged profession is an agent that can outrun you and cap AS every 11 seconds. Yet you take them as the template that you should be balanced against, thereby giving you a huge advantage over every profession that is not an agent.
    (...)
    Stop suggesting silly buffs for one specific titlelevel, without considering for one second that these follow through to every other titlelevel as well, where they may be stupidly overpowered.
    You are just plain dumb.

I think you guys will come to realize something, sooner the better. FC isn't balancing by profession. They are looking at game mechanics. There are likely some specific things for professions here and there, but I think the major balancing is going to come through the types of tools a prof uses and how FC wants to change them. This is just based on how I assess how they have handled perks, other hints like RS and specials lockouts, as well as the nano releases we have seen. It's pretty easy to look at your prof, see the trends that FC is applying to the various game mechanics and get good feeling for where that prof will end up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12