Thread: We're baaaack!

Talking We're baaaack!

OOC:

After my recent vacation from AO/vacation from leadership, I've returned and The Order of the Lamp is once again recruiting. For those of you who do not know us, we're a "50/50" RP org - half RPers, half hellraisers RPing hellraisers are especially welcome.

The RP aspects of our organization generally revolve around FC run events, and the fallout that has come from our participating in said events, as well as some RP on the forums. The org chat channel is almost always OOC.

Click here for an example of our RP participation in events that led to our being featured in a clan news article. As another example, a fellow named Daitenshi in the Order was discovered to have been selling privileged information about the guild to an enemy organization. He was taken on a little.. field trip.. to CAV and executed by firing squad.

We strive to RP differently - the Order is not an org for overly loyal Omni-tek employees whose dream job is shining shoes for Philip Ross. If you turn your nose up at the thought of doing business with an unwashed clanner in a dark alley, this org is not for you. We are a guild of smugglers and mercenaries, so keep this in mind - excessively nice people will probably be offended by our activities and rough speech

When not participating in RP events and such, we enjoy discussing game mechanics, trading, selling guns to clanners, PvP, and the occaisional static dungeon runs/etc.

Requirements to join:

1> Minimum level for new members is 50. This rule can be bent, if you're familiar with game mechanics and don't mind that most of the hand-me-down loot will be unusable by you for a while. Absolutely no one under level 30 will be admitted.

2> You must be able to type at least reasonably well and have some degree of intelligence. If you forum posts look like loca's, or you send me a tell that says 'cna i joiun ur org plz', you will not be allowed to join. We don't expect perfect typing but if your communication skills are on par with a 13 year old AOL kid, we don't want you.

3> You must not be easily offended - org chat sometimes contains profanity and crudeness, and we do joke around and rib each other alot in a way that oversensitive people might get uppity about.

4> Being nice is not required.. however, you are expected to not be an ass to other members, particularly the officers. Feel free to be a jerk to those who are not members of the org (within reason.. ie, we're not going to shed any tears if you gank people or camp grid exits, but if you stand around in the middle of trade shouting obscenities in all caps, and making an idiot of yourself, you won't be long for this org.)

5> Positively no beggars allowed. If someone has loot to give away, they'll post it in org chat. If there's a particular item you need, feel free to ask if anyone has one to get rid of. Please do not expect, that as a new member, you will be able to sweet talk members into blitzing full suits of armor/implants for you, or that someone will give you credits to buy this that or the other. Not that I'm saying no one will ever give you credits or blitz for you, however, that's one of those things that comes with time and proven dedication to the org.

--

That said - potential new members who have specific questions about the organization can contact me. Pretty much everything that needs to be said is above though, so if you've read this don't ask me to "tell you about the org". :P Specific questions are always welcome, however.

If you wish to join, you should be pleased to hear there is no long, drawn out process to do so. It's actually quite simple - send a /tell to Soultap or myself, and say "Hi, I read the post on the RK organizations message board and I want to join the Order of the Lamp." That's it, we'll meet up with you and recruit as soon as possible. You will remain an applicant for a few days, but unless you do something incredibly stupid, you'll be a full member in no time.

--
    Last edited by Karanya; Oct 10th, 2002 at 06:27:25.

My one and only bump

--K