Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: General Feyad Rahal arrested

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK Freelance: General Feyad Rahal arrested

General Feyad Rahal arrested
    August 13, 29484 - Lucetta Phoenix [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Tensions rise even more between the rival law enforcement groups as one of Omni-Pol's generals was arrested in Omni-HQ.

I was first made aware that something was happening after a call for help reached Channel 42 from the Omni-Med offices in Omni-HQ. It seemed someone had stormed into the offices and started trashing the front desk, which led to the DoI responding to the call as the nearest Omni-Pol officer tuned in to the channel was apparently some distance away.

Sending a camera drone to investigate, a group of DoI investigators had arrived outside the Omni-Med building equipped with batons and riot shields. DCI Hunt was unarmed at this point, but asked one of the investigators, DC Winters, for his "warrant card". Unsurprisingly for them, the investigator opened the boot of a red Phasefront Charon a short distance away and handed Hunt his "warrant card" - a nine iron.

Entering the building with batons and a golf club in hand, it wasn't long before the culprit was dragged back outside in handcuffs. Much to the astonishment of the Omni-Pol officers that had recently arrived on the scene, the man that was trashing the offices was none other than General Feyad Rahal, an Omni-Pol officer and head of Field Ops. This disbelief quickly turned into anger, as amazingly one of the Omni-Pol officers raised an assault rifle to DCI Hunt, demanding to release his general. With protests to stand down from the General and Hunt's remark of "Shut up you noncey-arsed fairy boy", the officer lowered his rifle which allowed the detectives to take General Rahal off the scene.

So, what caused the General's temper to finally blow?

After further investigation talking to Omni-Med and statements from the Department of Investigations, it seemed a misunderstanding was the cause. When the DoI affiliated themselves with Omni-Pol, Omni-Med received new instructions on where to send evidence handed in. This read "All evidence by the Department of Investigations and Omni-Pol affiliates are to be sent to Warehouse 13." This should have read "All evidence by the Department of Investigations and it's Omni-Pol affiliates are to be sent to Warehouse 13."

This simple mistake had led to any evidence Omni-Pol had being sent to the Department of Investigations instead, which was the reason for the General losing his temper and storming into the Omni-Med offices. While the General's reasons are somewhat explained, the use of assault rifles being waved around by Omni-Pol officers is still unknown to me.

((Goes to tell you even those pesky Omni-Pol Officers lose their tempers time to time))
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

While I suppose I should be excited by this division, I am a bit disturbed. Maybe even sad. Omni under Ross, and with Omni-Pol, were/are our enemies, but they were ones you could talk to, and who were fairly judicious. I don't want suffering for anyone on Rubi-Ka, provided the Corporation leave us to our lives, but the recent coups are discouraging. Elements are being parachuted in that are overthrowing the old structure, and that makes me nervous.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Nothing to worry about. It's just a misunderstanding that's been put under the media spotlight and it's already being sorted out. Both our divisions are pursuing the same objectives, only with different tools and techniques.
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

Quote Originally Posted by Oozigun View Post
    Both our divisions are pursuing the same objectives, only with different tools and techniques.
    Yeah, both groups are trained to beat the living hell out of suspects. Shoot first, ask later.

If this is how they treat their own co-workers, imagine some innocent clanner or neutral that looks at them the wrong way...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Same old cliches... "Clanners don't use soap"... "Omni-Pol beats their suspects then forgets what they wanted to ask them..." Same old generalizations... Good enough for those who don't really have a firm and strong belief in what they do, or don't really know why they do it.

Let me know when someone goes beyond the surface.
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

Is "Omnis arrest each other to gain political power" a new or old generalization?
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I'd say old...