Thread: "I Kill Twinks For Free"

"I Kill Twinks For Free"

Saw this slayer mob outside the door to Borealis Backyard 6 (near the TL2 terminal). Was level 200, but could be attacked by anyone, and in turn attacked everything that did damage to it, outside of PVP damage rules (halved damage/30% HP cap - it hit my 1917 HP shade for 784 points). Neither my Shade nor my Soldier were flagged when attacking this mob.

The name of the Slayer was the topic name.

Was this mob an event mob, or a horribly bugged slayer pet?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Maybe a engineer pet that's owner just logged off?
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

I've seen bugged engy pets do that b4
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Yup, pet left by player after they log off it attackable.

Pets tend to attack people when their master logs back in while the pet is being attacked. If it attacks immediately it's probably bugged, and judging from the name of the pet the owner may have found out how to reproduce this bug.

Either way, Events would not use a name like that for a mob, nor would they make a mob for the sake of randomly killing people without any backing story.

I thought that too, but I thought pets had a 5-minute waiting-for-master timer? I'm dead sure that slayer was up for way longer than 5 minutes...

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I'm not sure exactly how long that timer is, but if it's aggro capabilities bug, it's timer might just as well... I'm wondering if there was a little engineer out there watching on it's alt and logging in every time someone attacked his idle pet.

Either way, looking in to bugs and harassment is something I'll leave for the ARK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how long that timer is, but if it's aggro capabilities bug, it's timer might just as well... I'm wondering if there was a little engineer out there watching on it's alt and logging in every time someone attacked his idle pet.

Either way, looking in to bugs and harassment is something I'll leave for the ARK's.
    That probably isn't it either. It killed a level 10 player in one hit, and was able to attack my level 49 and level 210 characters when I did damage to it with either of them, which no pet at any level could do.

I know at this point this post probably doesn't belong on The Fourth Wall anymore, but this is the first occurance I've seen of this very odd bug, and I assumed it was just an event mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    ...and judging from the name of the pet the owner may have found out how to reproduce this bug...
    my thoughts exactly
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐

All I can really attest to is that this situation has nothing to do with Events.

It might be something you would want to pursue via a petition or a bug report. But it definately is not due to any action on the Events team.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Maybe its waiting-for-master time does reset each time it gets attacked. If not: It was simply bugged.
    Since it didn't attack on its own I guess the whole thing was just.. fun ?
    At least it sounds that way.
    Once the Player logged out the Pet counts as a mob, which means it has no %hit caps whatsoever.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Just a thought, but something I learned recently with my Crat. When an engi logs out, I was able to charm his bot. When I did /pet free it went aggro on nearby mobs and people.
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Mmhmm, sounds like you found the bug. If you charm the bot, does it cancel its despawn?
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

Quote Originally Posted by Oozigun View Post
    Mmhmm, sounds like you found the bug. If you charm the bot, does it cancel its despawn?
    pretty sure it does cancel, I've charmed a few with my trader and they didn't despawn.

So, an engie logs off, you can charm the bot and it won't despawn... Hmmmmm. It looks like an exploit, it sounds like an exploit, it walks like an exploit... Hey, do you think it might be an exploit? :P
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

Quote Originally Posted by Oozigun View Post
    So, an engie logs off, you can charm the bot and it won't despawn... Hmmmmm. It looks like an exploit, it sounds like an exploit, it walks like an exploit... Hey, do you think it might be an exploit? :P
    Which would make it a violation of rules to talk about it on forums.