Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 6th, 2010 - Preemptively Recursive

WTF? No Enf nano changes?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

How about... BS items usable in PvP area?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Question

Hello.

How is the work on new gfx engine going?
    Ever since I got a new gfx card, all I can do in AO is sit in ICC on my CoT agent and look at stuff like Ancient Poster Design and ARK Recruitment Poster in amazing speed of 5-11 frames per second..
    Just want to know if I can forget all about AO and play some cheaper and better working game or will new gfx engine be here withing next few years.

It's nice if you add new things in game and all, but AO almost works in DosBox.. time to upgrade it.. yesterday.

PS: It's not problem with drivers, ISP, Working as intended ™ or any other usual FC excuse. I have games older than AO and newer than AO that run just fine.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This work is done (steps to the teleporters...tell me if that isn't the one you are speaking about)...we just need to get it into an exported version. Step will be gone soon.
    And I had such a perfect trolling coming in on this part.

gj

EDIT: too bad no one will ever go to BS anymore, once this PF is polished enough
    Last edited by -Klod-; Aug 6th, 2010 at 21:50:03.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Since this is the designated write-stuff-that Means-and-company-is-moar-likely-to-read thread i'd like to draw everyones attention to the just about cleverest ( it's a word now!) thing i have ever read on this board
    Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Invisible walls suck. I can't jump over a chain link fence that's barely taller than my toon? I understand that we don't want people abusing rooftops, but graphics should accurately reflect where you can go.
    one more tajm!
    graphics should accurately reflect where you can go.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    too bad no one will ever go to BS anymore, once this PF is polished enough
    I kinda doubt it. I started to get bored with it after a couple of hours in there. No real goals, tho at lower levels fighting for those vp npcs might be entertaining I suppose...

It's very amusing to read comments like that about test server from people who have absolutely no clue what is going on..
    If test server would be shut down right now, soon you would drown in rivers of tears from people crying because of bugs you can't even imagine because you could never bother to see how bug hunting is done.

Sorry to make a post like this, but I have done bug reporting for almost 5 years now and for last few years I have started to wonder why bother.. for people like you? Have you ever crashed every time someone sends you a tell? Have you seen a playfield crash every time someone uses brawl or dimach? Have you played for few days without any chat? Have you ever loged in and found that you don't have any expansions any more? Have you loged in one day and found that bank char that holds 4 years of your phat lewt is just gone.. forever.. with your 220/30 alt? This is just a beginning.. Fact that you don't see major game breaking bugs like that often is because some people spend time testing the game for you.

Ok, I'm done now.. you can continue with the usual trolling now.

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

3. There will be no contagious flags inside the playfield.
    Awww

What about a 'You cannot zone while in combat' to stop people from 'pussying out' and running to the start area everytime they are about to die...

Also in the exit out of the start area needs a EXIT sign so that people can leave easier =]

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    PS: It's not problem with drivers, ISP, Working as intended ™ or any other usual FC excuse. I have games older than AO and newer than AO that run just fine.
    Its an old game that doesnt really use ur GPU as much and mainly your CPU.. and so most graphic cards arent recognised by Ao which is why your game is running slower.. With older graphics cards it atleast has some understanding of what it can unload off the CPU onto the GPU to allow quicker game play.

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    It's very amusing to read comments like that about test server from people who have absolutely no clue what is going on..
    If test server would be shut down right now, soon you would drown in rivers of tears from people crying because of bugs you can't even imagine because you could never bother to see how bug hunting is done.

Sorry to make a post like this, but I have done bug reporting for almost 5 years now and for last few years I have started to wonder why bother.. for people like you? Have you ever crashed every time someone sends you a tell? Have you seen a playfield crash every time someone uses brawl or dimach? Have you played for few days without any chat? Have you ever loged in and found that you don't have any expansions any more? Have you loged in one day and found that bank char that holds 4 years of your phat lewt is just gone.. forever.. with your 220/30 alt? This is just a beginning.. Fact that you don't see major game breaking bugs like that often is because some people spend time testing the game for you.

Ok, I'm done now.. you can continue with the usual trolling now.
    How about Not being able to heal, cause it crashes everyone around you including yourself, how about not being able to sit and camp not even Alt F4ing? these are just some more examples of what we testers go through.... be in our shoes for a month then see why we highly defend what we hold true...
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

The teaming part is alright I guess.

Would be nice with ffa tabbing, and not sided. Doubt that's something that's easy to code tho.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

I assumed FFA tabbing was part of it, sucks to hear that it isn't. I rly hate the whole CTRL+TAB for targets thing ><
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

this is almost worthy of resubing for a month just to check out. Too bad I would be obliterated on the battlefield since once you leave the game for any period of time the addicts have all the new equipment the day the new patches launch and you don't stand a chance.

There should be a pvp handicap like in golf for more even battles.

edit: this coupled with the battlestation step being removed. I figured I'd be dead or the servers would shut down before FC addressed this tiny but meaningful change.
    Last edited by Imoonderman; Aug 7th, 2010 at 01:40:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannystk View Post
    What about a 'You cannot zone while in combat' to stop people from 'pussying out' and running to the start area everytime they are about to die...
    They will add it to every door in AO again.. ah.. that was fun time.. NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Imoonderman View Post
    this is almost worthy of resubing for a month just to check out. Too bad I would be obliterated on the battlefield since once you leave the game for any period of time the addicts have all the new equipment the day the new patches launch and you don't stand a chance.

There should be a pvp handicap like in golf for more even battles.

MOONMAN!! froob it up with me at least

p.s. - not THAT much has changed since you've been gone, I think you'd be fine.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    MOONMAN!! froob it up with me at least

p.s. - not THAT much has changed since you've been gone, I think you'd be fine.
    howdy!
    pfft my engi still holds a green AI tuba... Dunno if I know enough people anymore to get at any new phats.

Quote Originally Posted by Imoonderman View Post
    howdy!
    pfft my engi still holds a green AI tuba... Dunno if I know enough people anymore to get at any new phats.
    always worth a try and hopefully welcome back to AO
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

This work is done (steps to the teleporters...tell me if that isn't the one you are speaking about)...we just need to get it into an exported version. Step will be gone soon.
    Near the cap points, there are 2 spots near the back where people can jump and avoid getting hit by pets. The platforms are about "waist high" I guess. Please fix those as well. Similarly, the step up near the capping point also needs to be fix (pretty much same issue as the teleporters).
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Let keep the bickering and personal attacks someplace else, people. And by "someplace else" I mean "Not on this forum at all." Thanks so much.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    No more news about Re-balancing spreadsheets and professions? I thought this was Enforcer's week.
    Lets just skip that rebalancing, thanks
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast