Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: What does it mean to be a Clanner?

That is true, the Council is not a government; we can't order someone to do something they do not want to do. We merely meet and try to find a course that reaches our common goals.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    We have never had a democracy ... The Council of Truth is more of a meeting of minds, thats all. It's not our government.
    I think that's about the point I was failing to make all along. I'm about as pointy as a wax crayon.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

So the mindless omni drones, ehem... employees, think that the clans aren't fighting for freedom, but that they are the same as their masters, greedy for Notum.

I know plenty of clans who hold no notum field, make no profit from it whatsoever and still engage against omnis. They do it because they know that gone unchecked, omni departments looking for glory and profit would try and take out Tir or Old Athen if they could.

Yeah, some clans do hold notum fields, they got to cover the costs for things like weapons, armor, ammo and other expenses (like an org city).

So, an omni department can have a notum field, a city, and all the benefits of their faction, but we are supposed to live in caves and defend ourselves with stones?

The clans didn't survive for centuries by being stupid. We have outsmarted, and many times overpowered Omni-Tek forces who had superior training, weaponry and numbers in their own backyard.

I don't look for just any omni to kill, because I know not everyone over here are evil like Silverstone and other leaders claim they are.

However if an omni steps into clan territory, they know fully that they are not supposed to be here, and death will come their way.

The tower wars have been going on for years, and yeah regardless of their location omni notum fields should be taken down to lower the corporation's advantages. The omni departments who own them know the risk as well as those who attack clan notum fields to take it from our faction for the same reason.

It's war, that is how it is.

Regarding the Annulment of the Tir Accord. Yeah, the original CoT had to disband because they became under attack by two fronts, on one side was the Dust Brigade and then the Corporation claiming the council was working with the DB and more than willing to drag the Council leaders out of Tir and take them out permanently (OT has done that move before).

I believe the whole thing was a setup to disrupt the CoT and force them to leave and give the Corporation leeway to nullify the peace treaty.

Was Ross behind it? as much as I disliked the man, I don't think he was. However it is most likely other high ranking omni leaders were.

Yeah, I got no proof, but it doesn't take a genius to see the whole picture, things just don't add up. If the CoT had been secretly allied with the dusters, why did we clanners keep hunting them down for attacking our cities? that makes no sense.

Omnis will say "it's all speculation, no proof". However, let's think about it in a logical way.

Ross was flexible and willing to negotiate, he is the one who signed the Tir Accord for the Corporation. He was also not an idiot, with the CoT leadership vanished (and perhaps with some pressure from omni directors and Omni Prime itself) an annulment was almost guaranteed.

But here comes the part which doesn't make sense.

Ross gets shot, and we knew that he would most definitely be replaced by someone who would not even think about negotiation with the clans. That move, was against our best interests, even Silverstone wouldn't have approved it... better an old devil you know, that a new one which you got no idea what he will do.

Also to get past Omni-Tek security, hundreds of guards and armed employees takes a lot of planning and intel which would be difficult to do even for the largest and most organized clan. Add to that, the fact that the tech used for the assassination attempt, was without a doubt more advanced than anything we have.

And then, the escape of the assassin. How the hell can anyone make it out when the whole area was locked down? no warps, no grid, no way out.

If you look at the situation with a cool head, you can consider the possibility that to have access codes to get in and out of a secured perimeter so it wouldn't raise a red flag in their system, and to have such specific weaponry to remove Ross from the most powerful seat on Rubi-Ka... who would have that kind of training to pull it off?

And who would gain the most from it?

Not the clans.

But, after Ross was removed, the Unicorn Company shows up, the most deadly and highly trained corporate fighters in the universe. Feared across dozens of systems, they come to our world.

Ross had plenty of chances to get the UC here, but knew better. They were butchers who would kill anyone in their path, even omnis.

The only way for the UC to land here and stay, was for someone else to be in charge, someone who knew how to control the 'corns, who knew Rubi-Ka from previous visits.

Who is Tarkhan Zora?

He was the Unicorn security advisor to the Omni-Prime board of Directors for two years . He was a Unicorn Commander.

There are other facts that also point away from the clans as the culprits of the assassination.

Ross went away from Rubi-Ka to Omni-Prime, knowing about the alien threat and I think knowing the only way to defend the planet was with a united front, with both clans and neutrals.

I highly doubt the Omni-Prime board of Directors would have seen things his way, actually such a statement from the most powerful of their CEO's may have sounded like treason. Yet, the man didn't get to the position he was in by being a monkey, I would think he had friends in high places.

When he returned to Rubi-Ka in his speech at ICC he clearly stated "unity between all peoples of Rubi-Ka to fight off the alien threat".

This clearly hinted to either the restoration of the Tir Accord, or a new peace treaty agreement. The open war between Omni-Tek and the clans could once again come to a stop and maybe we could as a whole be able to defeat the new alien threat.

Would Omni-Prime allow it to happen? Probably not. Making peace with us clanners would be counterproductive to their profit margins, they had invested fortunes in wars against us.

And there are others facts, like how did the Unicorn Company got here so damn fast? How did they manage to build structures which would take quite a bit of time to do in the Outzone?

It just doesn't add up.

Zora, Omni-Prime, the Unicorn Company. Just think about it. Who really was responsible for the annulment of the Tir Accord and the attack on Ross (who nobody really knows if he is alive or dead)? Who gained the most from all this?

It was not the clans, that's for damn sure.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Aug 10th, 2010 at 11:16:41.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    So the mindless omni drones, ehem... employees, think that the clans aren't fighting for freedom, but that they are the same as their masters, greedy for Notum.
    I'm neutral.

So the clans are still fighting for freedom. It's admirable, it really is. But if the clanners have to fight so hard every day for freedom from Omni oppression, how can us neutrals exist?
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    I'm neutral.

So the clans are still fighting for freedom. It's admirable, it really is. But if the clanners have to fight so hard every day for freedom from Omni oppression, how can us neutrals exist?
    By hiding in the shadows of the corporation and making do with a strangled and almost non-existent "freedom"

Neutrals are far from free, their just tolerated, a ragtag bunch of misfits that the corporation can't be bothered to deal with and that refuse to actually work for true freedom (though I daresay if the clans win you'll all be cheering for the freedom that was fought for)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Neutrals are a ragtag bunch of misfits.
    That much at least is true.

The rest?

Well, neutrals make up around 12.5% of the RK population, hold large terriories and cities with successful infrastructures and even more successful economies operating (for the most part) with near-complete sovereignty and independence from any kind of governing body. Hardly in the shadows.

Neutrals do incredible business every day and largely due to the clan/omni conflict (think neutral trade merchants, or the Agency) and otherwise because of simple accessability (Reet's Retreat, The Grind, Sunrise, Phasefront and small shops). This kind of open-market business is what guarantees freedom, not propaganda, fear-mongering and warcries. And yes... neutrals work hard for this.

Would neutrals cheer if the Clans won? I'm sure some of them would, but like you say, we're a ragtag bunch of misfits. I know a lot of neutrals who really, really don't want you to "free" them. And like I said before, a lot of others (a lot) make a fine living based around the conflict. So seriously, keep it up!

If you want to make it a silly faction versus (non)faction issue, though I guess... at least neutrals use soap!
    Last edited by Redesine; Aug 11th, 2010 at 21:12:58.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Plus we have a tendency to not get killed everytime we enter an omni/clan city

Speaking outside of my role as clerk...

I have a somewhat different view of neuts than the "fence sitter" line. I don't mean to seem condescending, but I view one of the roles of the Clans to be ensuring the freedom for all of Rubi-Ka, including the neutrals. My end-game, so to speak, would be for everyone to be neutral. That will not happen any time soon, though, so we carry on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Razishlyat View Post
    Speaking outside of my role as clerk...

I have a somewhat different view of neuts than the "fence sitter" line. I don't mean to seem condescending, but I view one of the roles of the Clans to be ensuring the freedom for all of Rubi-Ka, including the neutrals. My end-game, so to speak, would be for everyone to be neutral. That will not happen any time soon, though, so we carry on the fight.
    To be honest I find it rather hypocritical to imply OT is less neutral-friendly when both sides act the same toward neutrals. For both OT and clans there are areas where they are not welcome and will be shot on sight. As for ruling their cities they're quite independent on both OT and clans. I can even imagine they don't want the help of the clans for the so called "freedom" the clans want, that would make them just another clan instead of enjoying the neutral position they have now.
    Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.

Irna - RK1 - Doctor

For speaking as politically conscious as you all want all to think, a good lot of sound as if you have no other mind than to put X or Y faction into a box, so you can easily file people away like data disks.

We all might as well go back to the dark ages, with saying things like "all brown folks are bad..."
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Indeed. I dont understand why people keep putting the neutrals into a box, and labelling us as all the same. Theres many different neutral groups out there and each of us tend to see our reasons for being neutral differently. The same can be said for the clans to a certain extent.
    Putting the Sentinels in the same box as New Dawn seems laughable, when you actually look at the differences between them, one wants to eradicate Omin-Tek from the face of Rubi-Ka, the other would rather co-exist with Omni-Tek.

To be honest I find it rather hypocritical to imply OT is less neutral-friendly when both sides act the same toward neutrals
    I agree, I do not approve of the likes of Silverstone's blind hatred of neuts. I look forward to the day when there is no distinction between factions.

The CoT has been trying to work out relations with neutral leaderships. It is challenging, from both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Razishlyat View Post

The CoT has been trying to work out relations with neutral leaderships. It is challenging, from both ends.
    And how. I started off on hideous terms between myself and Foosball, and now i'd take a bullet for him.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12