Thread: Cyclic Absorbs

Cyclic Absorbs

With all the layer talk, I was wondering if you guys think cyclic absorbs would be reasonable. I say this because during the leveling process, enfs spamming absorbs just isn't adviseable or possible at some levelslike tl3, but the absorbs remain in your ncu even when they run out. I was thinking something along the lines of 10-20 seconds for all absorb nanos. At tl7, you can still spam layers as needed, but they will also refresh on their own.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Citymusic08 - 220/30/70 - Fixed!!!
    Alts
    Citytank Enfo 220/21 2hb love please!
    Drtrey Doc 220/17
    Citycrat Crat 202/20
    Treyeb04 Enfo 60/6 2hb here too lol
    Dealornodeal Trader 25/3 Subway Trader
    Saxobul3 Agent 150/18
    Citykeeper Keeper 200/19 BS/S7 Twink

If you want cyclic absorbs I'd say 30 secs-1minute at best. Anything below that and enfs gain more survivability than they already have in PvP by a long shot, and with their insane DD, taking them down would be nigh on impossible.

Castable or cyclic, but not both I would say. I would prefer to choose when I have absorbs, so I would like to to remain castable.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

How about an SL team layer nano (like empowered reflects) cause i'm lazy and don't like to buff everyone with Greater Fortify individually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    How about an SL team layer nano (like empowered reflects) cause i'm lazy and don't like to buff everyone with Greater Fortify individually.
    that sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Nice idea, provided the team version doesn't require 49 NCU for each team member.[1] Call it "Cyclic" team aura for 1 NCU with a suitably long refresh (about a minute?), and we have a winner.
    (Just make sure it's not spammable for ~5 second refresh on the entire team, as that's probably a little bit over the top).

[1] That's the worst thing about teaming a trader in endgame PvM: 53 NCU wasted on an umbral that doesn't help my tanking performance at all.
    Hlep gnak!

Meh, a team abosrb ... kinda useless if you are a tanking enfo in team. Who's going to get aggro they can't handle one hit anyways?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

How about modifying the damage shield line so it works a bit more like the adv cyclic thing? but i'de like a faster refresh than 120 secs, more like 30 or so, could perhaps scale. (the absorb amount isen't huge anyway)

Yes, i also feel it should not be teambased.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jul 31st, 2010 at 13:21:07.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Meh, a team abosrb ... kinda useless if you are a tanking enfo in team. Who's going to get aggro they can't handle one hit anyways?
    Could be a useful support nano in those (rare) situations where you have 2 enfs in the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Stray hits with gimps around happen at the worst of times (like after a lucky backstab from a 160ish advy right before an inf key PB dies).

However, it can easily be argued that a ~1000 point team absorb doesn't really make much of a difference at 220, that it is so small that people who die in a single hit quite possibly won't be saved by it, and that these people who die in a single hit are quite out of their depth anyway and are just getting what's coming to them

There's also the question of if team buffs are really "enfo like" (probably not) or maybe our form of team support should focus on taking hits (probably yes).
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    There's also the question of if team buffs are really "enfo like" (probably not) or maybe our form of team support should focus on taking hits (probably yes).
    i agree. enforcers support the team by actively doing things, and making good decisions. team buffs/cyclic auras seem kind of passive and not really aligned with our profession's personality.