Thread: Notes on Manex Corp.

Notes on Manex Corp.

I decided to have a look and see what i could dig up on Manex after what Kintaii said during the Events meeting, these are my results. There is however very little information that i have been able to find.

Manex Corp.

Manex appears to be a somewhat failed arms manufacturer.
    Their weapon lines are:

Manex Catastrophe series.
    Models: Febuary, April, June, August, October, December.

Item Description: The slowest firing SMG ever made, but with an ample capacity for ammo. The manufacturer considered it a disaster at launch, but people have a tendency to like things exaggerated. For the time being it is staying in the market, although it's still thought of as a curiosity by Manex.

Manex SD 4004 series.
    Models: Standard, Blackliner, (Mist reception sorrow).

Item Description: This is a covert full edition of the Manex STR77. The 4004 isn't really a semi-automatic version, but has an intuitive AT-B-responser to choose between single-shot, three-round burst and full auto. AT-B stands for 'Advanced Toiler-Bots' (many regard this as self-contradiction, since Toiler-Bots can't be advanced).

Manex STR 77 series.

Models: Neverland, Shagma Edition, Utopia Edition, Old Manex STR 77.

Item Description: Manex Corp. introduced the STR 77 midway in the last century, and it still survives on the market due to simplicity of design. It is otherwise an unremarkable firearm, but does what guns are supposed to do.

Also in the collectors instance there is an armour series available.

Manex Adventuring Protection System.

Available in the following colours: Black, Camo, Blue/Black, Black/Orange, Blue/Tan, Purple/Grey.

Item Description: The Manex Adventuring Protection System is a fully self-contained armor set that provides protection and comfort in the harshest of environments.

Manex Ear Protection Units.

Item Description: Designed by the Manex company for deep-ice exploration on the moons of Anarri Nine, these cybernetic protection units feature the latest in self-refreshing Thermobot technology. They also look surprisingly stylish, and found a secondary market among the underground DJing scene after being retrofitted with microspeakers.

Christmas 29483.

Manex Sound Enhancement Units

Item Description: Originally designed by the Manex company for deep-ice exploration on the moons of Anarri Nine.
    The underground DJing scene has retrofitted these Manex Ear Protection Units with micro-speakers.

Birthday 29483.

Sunrise Station.

Source, Hostess Alba: Initially conceived as a joint venture between the Manex corporation and Omni-Tek, this is the first of Manex's new "Sunrise" class orbital platforms, offering unprecedented luxury, style and comfort in a unique setting unmatched by any other! With a fully-unique defensive platform, the Sunrise-class orbital station is designed for both luxury and safety, offering its tenants and patrons unparalleled comfort alongside the greatest gift of all - peace of mind.

Originally commissioned in 29480 as a joint project between Manex and Omni-Tek, this is the flagship station of Manex's new "Sunrise" class orbital platform. Though the project initially had military applications, the station underwent a change in directions following Omni-Tek's cancellation of their involvement in the project and Phasefront's subsequent investment.

... wait, Omni-Tek was involved?
    Hostess Alba: Only in the initial phases. Omni-Tek decided to withdraw funding shortly after construction began, citing "financial concerns".

What sort of defenses does the Sunrise Station have?
    Hostess Alba: Well, I'm not at liberty to say much, unfortunately, as exact specifications are still considered corporate secrets. However, I can say that the station utilizes a brand new, state-of-the-art defense grid designed to be the ultimate in attack repulsion. Utilizing a unique combination of advanced electron field generation and a hyper-responsive teleporational array, the Sunrise Station is capable of dealing with any large threat without any violence what-so-ever. Again - Details are unfortunately still classified, but it is truly a marvelous system.

MXS-601 Cyberorganic Bartender.

Source, Barleet: The service series Six-Zero-One Cyberorganic Bartender is the latest artificial intelligence release from the universal leader in exciting technological advancements, Manex. We at Manex are working hard to make life better for all of us, fusing bleeding-edge technology with our famous Manex work ethic to provide you, the public, with the conveniences your life deserves. The MXS-601 bio-interface artificial intelligence system provides an easy, natural staffing solution to new startup enterprises, allowing for cheaper labor solutions while also promoting a healthy, environmentally-friendly workplace. Programmed to allow access to the Universal Bartending Encyclopedia, the MXS-601 has incorporated systems which allow for mobile refreshment delivery across a variety of environments, both friendly and hostile.

I am not a leet - The creature I am attached to serves as a mobile delivery platform. By using a neural feedback interface and subtle electrostimulus nodes attached to the frontal lobe I am able to 'suggest' movement patterns to the creature.

Possible conclusions.
    Note these are theories I have made and are not canon. Nor have they been endorsed by any Dev, GM or ARK.

Manex during the last century (29300's) was primarily an arms manufacturer.
    During the last centuary they developed different series of small arms, primarily sub-machine guns. The Catastrophe line looks as though they were made in one year with a model being released every other month. The Catastrophe series appears to have been the most heavily used of all their products.
    However due to the poor performance and subsequently the poor sales of weapons they have since moved into the research/design and production of other products.

The first major product since the move away from small arms we know of is the Sunrise Class Space Station. It seems to have originally been agreed to be developed as a defence platform in a joint venture between Manex and Omni-Tek. Omni-Tek however pulled out citing financial concerns, which sounds incredibly false considering Omni-Tek hold the monopoly on Notum still and is supposedly the largest of the hyper-corporations. This suggests that they left the venture due to something which they dont want the public to know about. The most likely cause seems to be some form of corporate espionage on either Manex's part of Phasefronts.
    After Omni-Tek left the project Phasefront took over and with Manex developed the Sunrise stations as we know them today, as a luxuary appartment complex and club(The Grind), with state of the art defences.
    Within "The Grind" there are also Barleets, which show an ingenius use of Artifical Intelligence which Manex has supposedly pioneered to provide cheap labour to startup businesses.
    It is also possible that the Manex adventuring protection system was developed by Manex to help with the building of the Sunrise class space station, as it is possible that it provides armoured protection to hard vacuum or void, if the backpack is attached. (guessing that the backpack contains a powersupply, and air supply etc. and that the armour is supposed to be sealed around the neck).

It is unkown whether Manex Corp. is a hyper-corporation or just a mega-corporation. However the fact that some of its weapons used toiler bots suggest it has had a contract with Omni-Tek for a supply of Notum.
    Manex are also likely to be sole holders of the patent on Advanced Toiler-Bot technology, whatever this exactly is.

All this suggests Manex is on the rise and we are likely to see more of their products in the future.

Random thoughts on Manex.

I also think it highly likely that Manex Corp. is infact one of the large Hyper-Corporations which has not seen conflict with Omni-Tek in the past.

Reading through the information i gathered at the sunrise space station it seems likely that Manex has properganda phrases much like Omni-Tek.
    Something like: "Manex create the conveniences your life deserves." or possibly "Unparalleled comfort, unparalleled peace of mind."

Credits:

Kintaii for pointing me at the Sunrise Station.
    Xyphos and Auno for item searches.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Jul 28th, 2010 at 22:38:02.

If i could i would suggest changing the item description on the Manex Adventuring system to this:
    "Manex Corp. designed the adventuring protection system for use in the extreme conditions found on many frontier worlds and mining colonies. From the deep ice caverns of Anarri Nine to the Lava flows of Dorini, there has never been a reported case of it failing to keep its wearer safe yet."

Anarri Nine is taken from the Manex ear muffs. I then made up Dorini as it kind of Rhymes.

Its a bit more interesting and colourful than the current:
    "The Manex Adventuring Protection System is a fully self-contained armor set that provides protection and comfort in the harshest of environments."