Thread: Scripts

Scripts

As some, if not all of you, already know I'm working on a panel based on Ariensky's GUI that'll be specifically for RolePlaying information. OOC information about anything anyone could need at any time.

What I eventually want it to be, is some kind of an encyclopedia about everything we know from ingame, lore, etc. At the moment it's not much. It's a collection of dances, a /cc addbuddy on LTC in a way to track if they're online or not, added some information on Clans, legacy Clans, CoT histrical facts and the first year of timeline. I will finish the timeline, add information about Omni-Tek, Neutrals, Dust Brigades, Redeemed, Unredeemed, ICC, Guardian of Shadows, information on several people from here. Also I plan to add information on dungeons and zones (backstory information not gameplay), and also add waypoints to several interesting things/sightings of every zone.

I eventually also want to make this a community project so everyone who can/wants can download it edit it to add stuff and reupload it in google docs. As of now tho I haven't found a way to do so.

The reason behind this is to make our lives easier in finding information that should be known on the fly, but also because I still believe people will join the game with engine/steam. While it was a fun run for me (and most of us I think) to find those stuff on our own, I do not think that the new generation of players will have the patience for it, so in an attempt to make them stick to RolePlay instead of trying for a couple of days and get frustrated from all the information there is out there and leave, I decided to make this thing.

What I want from you people is info I could add. Either link me to it or post it yourselves here so I can add it to the panel. Mostly what I need right now is info on factions. First for OT/neut/ICC and then SL factions. I could use some stuff I already found but I believe Cora for example will have way better understanding than what I'll ever manage to have about Omni Tek.

Right now I want to keep it canon, but eventually I may add some sections dedicated to player research and speculations.

Anyways here's the link to it. This is the whole scripts folder. Path to that should be C:\Users\(PC name here)\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\(random hash number here)\Anarchy Online. You call it ingame with /rpinfo

Download the whole scripts folder in order to keep the structure and put it under you AO directory under the appdata.

I'm open to every suggestion, or change but please before you do tell me install the script so we're on the same page.

Formatting of the whole thing will come later on, so don't stick to that please.
    Last edited by Azazelkeep; Dec 27th, 2013 at 22:32:24.
    Sometimes I want to scream
    So long that life escapes.
    Then I'd shut my eyes.
    I'd be the angel of disgrace

Well... I got some good feedback from the bot so, I removed social stuff that have nothing to do with the background like dances/Merlondo etc.

1) As of now I'm working on factions and organizations. I need to update the stuff I have about the Neutrals and I have to put something for the Omni Tek. So anyone who wants to please pm me here on forums with what to put there (canon stuff only)

2) I think that a major update is needed in Legacy Clans. I used the information from here, but I bet it's outdated. At least on what it says about the New Dawn and especially after the last events from the Borealis story arc.

3) I want whatever information anyone can find (canon still) for:
    Sol Banking
    TrueSpace Networks
    Dust Brigades
    Borealis Freedom Fighters
    Red Freedom
    Unicorns
    ICC
    JAME

That's for Rubi Ka. Also, do you think I should add "Nanomage Liberation Front" D.o.I and R.U.R to that list? I know they are all player made and run, but they had a big impact over the years.

That's what I'm working on at the moment. I want to finish with those before I move on to SL factions for example.
    Last edited by Azazelkeep; Dec 28th, 2013 at 12:45:39.
    Then I'd shut my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazelkeep
    1) As of now I'm working on factions and organizations. I need to update the stuff I have about the Neutrals and I have to put something for the Omni Tek. So anyone who wants to please pm me here on forums with what to put there (canon stuff only)
    I'm making a full Omni-Tek information booklet, with everything you would ever need to know. It's a lengthy task so don't expect it soon, but i'm hoping it should more than cover anything you need to know

2) I think that a major update is needed in Legacy Clans. I used the information from here, but I bet it's outdated. At least on what it says about the New Dawn and especially after the last events from the Borealis story arc.
    I've been helping the Events team with identifieing out of date information on the forums; it's all been added to a list of 'to do' and some posts have been taken down and are being worked on already, so stuff like that will be back up to date soon

3) I want whatever information anyone can find (canon still) for:
    Sol Banking
    TrueSpace Networks
    Dust Brigades
    Borealis Freedom Fighters
    Red Freedom
    Unicorns
    ICC
    JAME
    There's alot more groups that you've missed out, on purpose or just not wanting to list them all? (I.E Shadow Compendium, The Obsidian Army etc)

That's for Rubi Ka. Also, do you think I should add "Nanomage Liberation Front" D.o.I and R.U.R to that list? I know they are all player made and run, but they had a big impact over the years.
    I think player created things that have had big effects on the storyline should be added; it's just where we draw the line of what we consider big or not
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Thanks a lot Cora!

As for the other groups, some of them I forgot they exist, some because I have no information on them at all. To be honest I'd like any information I could use there, so if you have anything on them post it here or pm me about it and it'll be added to the script ASAP of course.

As for the booklet it's a great initiative and I'd really love to put it on the scripts but... Knowing you and your work I think it'll monopolise the work that's being done here. Unless of course other factions have such a booklet. *pokes Dagget and Agrestus*
    Then I'd shut my eyes.

As I'm waiting for faction booklets and an official update to The all in one legacy clan and Omni info thread with up to date info on all those and the addition of several lore organizations or corporations, I feel I should make an update since it's been too long after my last one.

I planned to have a major update with the above information but that is not going to happen any time soon probably, so I'll have to update with something else. So I thought I'd ask for ideas. What I'm currently thinking about is:

• Information on dungeons like ToTW/IS/CoH/Camelot/etc with all the relevant information about cults/mobs etc.
    • Information on zones of the terraformed Rubi-Ka, along with waypoints to interesting sights.
    • Update or finish the Timeline.
    • Information on major figures from The People tab from official site.
    • Wildlife on Rubi-Ka background informations, mostly taken from faunlore

Which one you think I should make first? (I'm always looking for more ideas, the above list is only what I thought this morning. But I'd like to keep it for Rubi-Ka for now. SL/Aliens will come after I finish Rubi-Ka). Please reply here or pm me about it. Will start working on it at the weekend probably depending on feedback. I'd also like links or information anyone may have handy, to make this a bit easier.
    Then I'd shut my eyes.