Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trader drains Please fix

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    using items /nanos / perks to stay alive longer = defencive skills.
    by this logic I could say

"Shade DD perks are defensive because they make the person go away and not hit me anymoar"
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

+ points for trolling skills.... notcrattey
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

+ points for trolling skills.... notcrattey
    You're only saying this because you can't make a decent rebuttal against the logical fallacy I found your argument.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

well everyone has heard that sometimes the best defence is offence.... but thats not the point at all when ur discussing offence / defence in a game. anyhow thats hardly a topic i feel like discussing atm so.... gg nice trolling.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

well everyone has heard that sometimes the best defence is offence.
    That's a philosophical point of view not to be put into whatever literal context you want it to apply to.
    Waiting for a cure.

traders have the lowest pvp offence of all classes...
    so hw would u suggest that the trader has time to do that?
    Maybe at 220, but:

- Your target's defenses are in a lot of cases disabled due to drains.

- At TL5 a proper trader can actually alphakill a fully twinked fixer with Acro up (AS, Easy Shot, Nano Feast and a lucky Fling)..

- Even lower levels.. well, you know how it goes lol. Twink a sicko weapon in thanks to drainladdering and pewpew!

Btw, a Shield MP definitely has less offense than a trader..
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Rihwen is kinda low on AR but i doubt its that low.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

As far as the offence of a trader, I'm planning on rolling one for 170. So far, in defensive setup (and drains running) there will be a little over 2200 AR and more perk attacks than a soldier has. At 220, there's screenshots of traders with over 3700 AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Captian View Post
    As far as the offence of a trader, I'm planning on rolling one for 170. So far, in defensive setup (and drains running) there will be a little over 2200 AR and more perk attacks than a soldier has. At 220, there's screenshots of traders with over 3700 AR.
    Then you see 170agent and before you panic press SS you realize that you were WTF1234INSTASPLATTED
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Your point, Cap?

ps. As for having more perk attacks...i got a weird feeling that you're calling things such as 'Bloodletting' [i]perk attacks[/]

- Your target's defenses are in a lot of cases disabled due to drains.
    Mostly because people dont upp the nanoskills needed to pop it enough to counter the drains?

Highly questionable..Rihwen, MIMQ?
    Last edited by Koizumi; Aug 11th, 2010 at 10:20:58.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

My point is that people are saying that traders don't have an offense, when in reality they have a fairly good offense. You are quite right though, I am referring to "Bloodletting" as a perk attack, however if you're not considering that a good enough perk attack (and I'm only comparing to soldier because it's something I know pretty well) then you shouldn't count half the perks soldiers have (in assault rifle setup). For example, weapon bash has a VERY low chance to stun and only does lke 58 dmg in pvp, clip fever is an aoe that has a long recharge and does maybe 200 dmg in pvp. One of our only DD perks, contained burst has a really long recharge and you have to pair it with another perk for it to do decent dmg (roughly 1.5k in pvp). Compared to a soldiers offensive, a trader has roughly the same (being that they have a fairly low recharge on AS) offensive as a soldier with a lot more evades and heals.

My point is that people are saying that traders don't have an offense, when in reality they have a fairly good offense.
    I didnt say they dont have an offense.
    I said that, even despite the high ar, they have got barely any decent offensive tools.

a trader has roughly the same (being that they have a fairly low recharge on AS) offensive as a soldier
    Not including ALL special attacks that soldiers seem to use?
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

My point is that people are saying that traders don't have an offense, when in reality they have a fairly good offense.
    Traders have a good offense if you give them time to get it (ignore them) and in that case you deserve to die.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

My point is that people are saying that traders don't have an offense, when in reality they have a fairly good offense. You are quite right though, I am referring to "Bloodletting" as a perk attack, however if you're not considering that a good enough perk attack (and I'm only comparing to soldier because it's something I know pretty well) then you shouldn't count half the perks soldiers have (in assault rifle setup). For example, weapon bash has a VERY low chance to stun and only does lke 58 dmg in pvp, clip fever is an aoe that has a long recharge and does maybe 200 dmg in pvp. One of our only DD perks, contained burst has a really long recharge and you have to pair it with another perk for it to do decent dmg (roughly 1.5k in pvp). Compared to a soldiers offensive, a trader has roughly the same (being that they have a fairly low recharge on AS) offensive as a soldier with a lot more evades and heals.
    Agents, Advies, Enforcers , NT's have good offense (alpha).
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Bam!

Considering the recharge of those nanos (3 of them plus AOE root, one have 150% NR), I can confirm that this team is terrible. If you were there that's embarrassing.
    You can't use that if you are rooted!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagalot View Post
    You can't use that if you are rooted!
    True, i can confirm that once a toon is rooted its game over.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    So overall: I kill some, some kill me.
    The same goes for you.
    ^ This.

This thread just comes across as a "i want immunity to everything" rant...soldiers do well against some, badly against others, thats how it should be.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

my biggest "issue" with traders is not so much their drains and cc. its their fast recharging heavy hitting AS. that much crippling + that much damage is a bit over the top.

let traders have a solid AS, but make the recharge 40 seconds or more. or let them have a fast AS but have it hit for a lot less. shotgun + AS is almost as funny as pistol + AS.

Issue still persists at low level, trader drains do need looking at. Im not talking about massive number changes, or any radical locks/big cool downs on them, just small changes that make them less OP at lower levels (if you say they arent, then its kinda ignorant). As for Tl5/higher drains i would ask for something to come with the drains to make them think twice about stacking them. Maybe after one drain is cast, it is harder to land the next. Gives the opponent a small chance of recovering before being rendered useless.

Perhaps they are perfect in some people's view, in my eyes they are nearly perfect. I say this because if i was drained on my fixer at tl5, i could stand there not getting hit until i got out of there to find a place to remove the debuffs. So i appreciate they can be a defensive tool rather than offensive.
    Last edited by Dreamer; Aug 14th, 2010 at 20:28:28.

o man, it's worse the lower you go. you get into the negatives at lower tl's, aint that fun.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast