Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trader drains Please fix

Going back to the original post of fixing drains.
    I have not read all the 5 pages of ranting but just the first and last so i'm not sure if this has been proposed yet:
    To fix drains, or at least the nanite enhanced ones, how about changing the -AAO to a conditional one like the lower drains have.
    Plunder Skills (Advanced) has -211 and combined with Divest Skills (Advanced) -204 that becomes a total of -415 AR in PvP and -208 AAO in PvM only.
    Since the nanite ones have no condition for the -AAO combined they do -500 AR from the skill draining + -300AAO from the AAO debuff. so thats from -415 AR on the normal ones to -500-300 = -800 on the nanite ones.
    So put a NPC target req on the -AAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Drain laddering (...) ^ Possible fix; consider removing the nanoskills transfer to avoid laddering
    this i 100% disagree cause it would kill trader profession interest & make older twinks advantaged to newer + ruin of of the most incredible MMO aspect : AO's low level extreme twinking !

i'm all to balance trader in PVP (esp. low levels) but only if it's with NO NERF in PVM & twinking. i proposed a "controlled version" landing in PVP target NCUs and no change for trader & PVM target.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I think lowering the duration, making them removable at some point and drains affecting AAO only are the best ideas I've heard.

give them 2 lines of drains, nano skill, and AR, then make them give AR to the target if they use nano skill drain, and nano skills to the target if they use AR drain! I mean...the are Traders right? let them trade! awww....but wouldn't that be fun?
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

I think trader drains should just drain weaponskills/aao and leave the nanoskill debuffing to MPs. That idea is probably rather unrealistic though because of the whinefest from traders that would ensue.
    Realistically though, if they still drain everything they do now, I think trader drains should be 20-30s for divest and 40-50s for plunder. The amount they debuff is fine imo, but for many professions they are quite devastating and having three and a half minutes to refresh it is sorta ridiculous. Keep the friendly buff for the trader at three and a half minutes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I think trader drains should just drain weaponskills/aao and leave the nanoskill debuffing to MPs.
    Traders drain xx profession's offense/attack abilities....
    How do you think will they defend against f.ex NT's or MP's?
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Traders drain xx profession's offense/attack abilities....
    How do you think will they defend against f.ex NT's or MP's?
    Kill it before it kills you just like everyone else!
    Waiting for a cure.

traders have the lowest pvp offence of all classes...
    so hw would u suggest that the trader has time to do that?
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

How is it possible for them to have the lowest pvp offence if they have the best AS gun?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    traders have the lowest pvp offence of all classes...
    so hw would u suggest that the trader has time to do that?
    yeah 1700 AR on my 150 trader is so gimp it makes me sad guaranteed capping AS, crit fling, and 1 reg crit hit with a gun that has the second best crit in the game is just puny stuff too, don't forget that silly heal that also a nuke, an dthe fact that theres a reason why everyone hates traders when they're standing there with barely enough AR to perk a BY leet, and no chance of healing, casting, with your pets wondering why some nub is asking them to attack, and rooted on top of that... yep, we sux.

then again, let me say this. I am happy as hell traders are around when there's an enf or agents after me /bow
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Aug 8th, 2010 at 14:09:50.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Plus easy shot which checks 5% duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Plus easy shot which checks 5% duck.
    Check the perk docs.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Check the perk docs.
    No. How about you go check the current perks?

traders have the same attack perks at TL 7 as they do at TL 5...
    and barely more AR at all... i think my trader has 2700 wiht both procs and draisn up... well can break 3k if i use corp sabotage instead of corp prot but then ill have a harder time to survive.

traders has effectively 3 attack perks... and they are on a pretty long recharge and do quite crappy dmg...

yes easy shot lands all the time but traders doesnt have enough dmg to actually kill a doc when the trader ahs landed GTH on the doc... just not enough DD to bring the doc down in the 15 secs GTH lasts.
    and yeh.. traders have an awesome AS gun.. but they have basically 0 attack perks to go with it.
    a stun that u can hardly land on anyone... and 1 DD perk thats worth mentioning.

traders have the same attack perks at TL 7 as they do at TL 5...
    and barely more AR at all... i think my trader has 2700 wiht both procs and draisn up... well can break 3k if i use corp sabotage instead of corp prot but then ill have a harder time to survive.

traders has effectively 3 attack perks... and they are on a pretty long recharge and do quite crappy dmg...

yes easy shot lands all the time but traders doesnt have enough dmg to actually kill a doc when the trader ahs landed GTH on the doc... just not enough DD to bring the doc down in the 15 secs GTH lasts.
    and yeh.. traders have an awesome AS gun.. but they have basically 0 attack perks to go with it.
    a stun that u can hardly land on anyone... and 1 DD perk thats worth mentioning.
    Your AR seems quite low, are you an end-game trader ?
    End-game trader are a near 3200+ AR with all drains + procs, and can break the 3500 AR with Industrial Sabotage (which makes it almost 3850 AR to the target because of the debuff).
    But yeah, other than that our AR undrain is very low, and that's why we need to keep both drains up (and that's also why we love pet professions).

GTH, for me, is just here to help us empty the target's nanopool, and not keeping it empty, that's the job of Plagiarize Notum and Yeeiyf and some lucky procs. That's how I do with docs and it works pretty well.

Please always say if your character is an endgame one, otherwise we get some people whining they can't do crap against endgame foes, and that leads to misinterpretations from others.

Also AS sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    No. How about you go check the current perks?
    This is the balance discussion. It would be well advised of you to take into consideration everything we know about future changes when talking about the current situation.

For example: If FC would just announce how they plan to nerf Advy's perk defenses showing that they recognize the problem and have a viable solution, we could all stop posting in "Nerf Ranged Advy" threads.

Another example: Easy Shot is getting a higher def check, not that it's a strong perk anyways and not that I necessarily agree with the change. Thus, your statement isn't really a good foundation for adjusting drains.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Agreement View Post
    End-game trader are a near 3200+ AR with all drains + procs, and can break the 3500 AR with Industrial Sabotage
    And we'll poke people to death with CoLA perks!
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    And we'll poke people to death with CoLA perks!
    The PePSI ones are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agreement View Post
    Your AR seems quite low, are you an end-game trader ?
    End-game trader are a near 3200+ AR with all drains + procs, and can break the 3500 AR with Industrial Sabotage (which makes it almost 3850 AR to the target because of the debuff).
    But yeah, other than that our AR undrain is very low, and that's why we need to keep both drains up (and that's also why we love pet professions).

GTH, for me, is just here to help us empty the target's nanopool, and not keeping it empty, that's the job of Plagiarize Notum and Yeeiyf and some lucky procs. That's how I do with docs and it works pretty well.

Please always say if your character is an endgame one, otherwise we get some people whining they can't do crap against endgame foes, and that leads to misinterpretations from others.

Also AS sucks.
    nope my traders not in complete endgame yet...
    using full set of betas tho and CS set with CSS chest and Icy/ofab shoulder.
    def board, 275 VE etc.
    ofcourse if i went for CSS setup i would get higher AR but it wouldnt matter much anyway since the point i was making is that traders realy doesnt have any offensive perks.
    or very few compared to other classes.

nope my traders not in complete endgame yet...
    using full set of betas tho and CS set with CSS chest and Icy/ofab shoulder.
    def board, 275 VE etc.
    ofcourse if i went for CSS setup i would get higher AR but it wouldnt matter much anyway since the point i was making is that traders realy doesnt have any offensive perks.
    or very few compared to other classes.
    Don't worry, its ok!

Just say it, because people will think you talk about an endgame trader and will start to flame.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast