Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trader drains Please fix

Trader drains Please fix

I know I've been here a few times, but seriously, something needs to be done about this. I was just playing on my a little bit better than average 150 soldier. He has 1640 AR. When finished he'll have 1850 AR. for purposes of "finished" Vs unfinished, I'll use both. I just had a duel with a 150 trader not 5 minutes ago. During the drain, he hit me with all drains (naturally as he is a trader). Once all of them landed (because, once again, I'm a soldier and as we all know soldier's do not get a whole heck of a lot of NR) I had dropped to under 300 AR in the unfinished setup. Had I been finished, it would have been under 500 AR. Either way the outcome would have been the same; me unable to hit them. I had retired my 220 soldier for the sole purpose of the other overpowered prof's making a soldier completely useless in every scenario aside from buffing someone else, but I digress.

I guess the point of this is to try and get this fixed. 1300 AR drain is no joke at 220 let alone 150. (btw, blind perk landed as well). I don't know exactly what would help fix this but something really needs to be done. 3 minutes of drains that are able to be spammed is just completely unfair. As far as resisting them. As I learned on my MA, you need somewhere around 1500 NR to resist SOME average traders. The better ones (and by better I mean higher level) you have to get 2k+ to resist them which is just not realistic on a soldier at that level.

Some Idea's I've been tossing around in my head:
    -Level lock
    -Stims that remove them
    -Lockout after you cast them
    -have to choose to use EITHER plunder OR divest in PVP, not both. Ability to use both in PVM though
    -give up evades (that stacks) after every time you cast one. (example: plunder and divest both have -50 AAD, hit 2 targets with both for -200 AAD) With ofc a cap of the amount of AAD taken away from the trader. (not sure on a realistic one as I know -200 would pretty much make it useless almost to drain)
    -Make drains do a short TMS/AMS debuff kind of thing (only much shorter) so you can't instantly spam both as soon as you see a target.
    -Lower Duration

*note* I did use some other peoples ideas that I've seen, but I do think they are good ideas so I put them here

If you have anything to add, thanks, but please keep on topic
    Last edited by Captian; Jul 26th, 2010 at 12:24:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Captian
    -Lockout after you cast them (I've seen 1 trader kill an entire team of fully twinked people and barely lose HP because they drained all of them)
    Bull****. If a trader has enough time to drain a whole team of "twinks", those "twinks" need to reroll or replace their myi/metaplast armour and ql20 imps with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Bull****. If a trader has enough time to drain a whole team of "twinks", those "twinks" need to reroll or replace their myi/metaplast armour and ql20 imps with something better.
    This was very situational, but it indeed happened. The situation was in BS at core. The trader ran out, rooted all the team within range and then proceeded to drain all of them, starting with the ranged professions and then the doc then the melee. They got out of the root eventually, but because they had been drained already, there was nothing they could do really.

Quote Originally Posted by Captian View Post
    This was very situational, but it indeed happened. The situation was in BS at core. The trader ran out, rooted all the team within range and then proceeded to drain all of them, starting with the ranged professions and then the doc then the melee. They got out of the root eventually, but because they had been drained already, there was nothing they could do really.
    Bam!

Considering the recharge of those nanos (3 of them plus AOE root, one have 150% NR), I can confirm that this team is terrible. If you were there that's embarrassing.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Bam!

Considering the recharge of those nanos (3 of them plus AOE root, one have 150% NR), I can confirm that this team is terrible. If you were there that's embarrassing.
    I'm not going to continue arguing on one situation of what I saw. I will just say the following, please stay on topic and don't just pick one thing I said as a "happens every time" kind of thing. Or a "well this team is gimp so clearly the ideas or invalid". Regardless of how gimp or not gimp the team in question was is irrelevant. The ideas that I have are to try and provide some sort of suggestion rather than saying "OMG TOO OP FIX!" So please take them seriously and provide some good feedback on THEM not the situations that I posted.

(BTW, in order to use a virus scanner you have to sit down which is impossible to do once you are rooted standing, nice try though)

Multiple people rooted? All of them drained? And nobody did anything?
    Tell me, how much time does it take for a trader to LAND all the drains on all ppl in there, hm? Too lazy to count, i am.
    Top aoe trader root was afair 2:19 or so....thats 2-3 FM stims...after that Virus Scanner...
    So magically multiple people actually forgot to do this(im not even talking about resisting roots/drains/root removers etc), and stood there for...hmm...id say 3 mins at least, doing absolutely nothing?

Wow..didnt think tl5 BS pvp was THIS bad
    Aaaanyways, blame the afk'ers in BS not the "op trader drains".
    At least at tl5 trader drains seem to be working semi-decently.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

There, I took it out of the original post. Now please, stop focusing on the little things and focus on the bigger ones. Which is How to fix trader drains.

Now please, stop focusing on the little things and focus on the bigger ones. Which is How to fix trader drains.
    Allright, so on topic of "fixing trader drains", after checking out wishes of few traders, i conclude:
    -Make drains also drain special attacks, (same amount of normal skill drained) - -xxx AS/SA/Brawl/Dimach/Fling/Burst/FA/etc.

There, a decent fix proposal.

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

So you don't see anything wrong with an almost unavoidable nano set that almost completely destroys your only defence, and offense in one fail swoop if you're a soldier?

Please try to look at it in a different prof's perspective and not just a trader's perspective. For a soldier for example, we are forced to use TMS before any duel with a trader because if we don't we won't get to use it. If we do, we can't use one more hit healing to get a little bit of survivability. We are unable to swap to our AS gun to actually do some damage to them and the little bit of lucky shots that we get in on them is taken care of by the heal they have. Add on to that the reflect drain that they have (which I'm thankful for it's fix) and the spec blockers that they have from the wen wen and what do we have? a couple perks and a stim to keep us alive a little longer but still not escaping our impending and unavoidable doom.

It seems to not only be with the soldier, but as well as my 2 other professions that I enjoy playing frequently: my MA and my shade. My shade, being that it's completely perk reliant and has almost nothing for NR gets destroyed even easier than my soldier.

My MA is the only one that I have that is able to not only survive the trader, but beat it with some well placed and timed attacks. By going NR 1 at TL 5 and spamming UWoS at start I'm able to resist maybe one or two drains but often I'm unable to meaning that I get drained and then can't use my nano heal or perk them or hit them or hotswap to my alpha weapons.

I can understand that traders need those drains in pvm as they don't have enough evades to tank mobs as easily as others, but pvp is a different story. 1300 AR is a bit much for TL 5 drains to be reaching. That's almost as much assault rifle skill that I have on my soldier. I'm not asking to completely take them away, make them useless in every way shape and form or anything like that. Just reworked in a way that's a little more fair in pvp to other professions.

It's hard to argue against level locks for trader drains. Although I think an appropriate level for nanite drains would be exactly level 150. One nerf I'd like to see is to make corporate protection and industrial sabotage drain and boost the same stat, so you'd need to keep both running for the full effect. Maybe also level lock those to 201+.

One thing you forgot to mention is how close you came killing the trader before he drained you. I do think that in the situation you describe, the trader should _always_ win after he's landed every drain he has.

How about having Plunder and Divest drain a % of the opponents skills based on the level of the Trader?

I'll just throw that out there for you guys to ponder.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I can understand that traders need those drains in pvm
    Eheheh....
    Im not even sure i want to comment on that

As for drains themselves, sure, they should be nerfed when it comes to lower lvls, but tl5?
    No, not really.
    Seen way too many ppl pox my trader some time ago when i pvp'ed on tl5 BS.
    So overall: I kill some, some kill me.
    The same goes for you.

Traders are ruining the fun. They ruin it at low level and less now at high level, even though those drains are still a pain.

This game is based too much on CCs and debuffs.

hehe.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

It looks like what you try to avoid, a nerf whine full of uneducated guesses.

I know that roots are my number 1 death threat. That's why I have free movement and motr, I few seconds free is what save you. Other then that I can stand against traders when needed, and I know (you didn't read that) landing that much nanos requires time.

The only thing I can agree is that corporate can use a reasonable lock. Other then that, hand eye coordination makes a difference.

But making the debuff 1 minute long make it more reasonable in term of annoyance. Buff should stay 3mins.
    Last edited by boltgun; Jul 26th, 2010 at 16:02:55.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Trader profession may seems overpowered, but try it and you will se its a little more complicated than that.

People always assume (that is true for every professions that beat them) that everything goes as planned for the enemy (ie: perfect use of the toolset/perks without any resist or evade) thus making the profession played by the enemy overpowered.

I can assume that the OP never played a trader for suggesting such ridiculous changes to the trader's drains.

We are an evade profession, but we have to earn that status, by draining our target, people have to understand that. We are an evade profession to the people who are drained.
    I find that more rewarding to play than running around constantly with 4k+ def.

Traders may be overpowered at lower lvl, sure I agree, but don't ask for changes that may **** up all the profession even at high level, and go try a trader if it's so easy mode.

PS: Twinks asking for balance, that's quite ironic.
    Last edited by Agreement; Jul 26th, 2010 at 19:00:37.

trader is fun.... tbh i pvp more on my trader then on my enf...
    but when u get faced vs 2 opponents at tthe same time or ur drains get resisted... ur pertty much toast.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

My brother is playing a trader that he has twinked to the endgame. He frequently lols about how OP it is.

I think they are balanced, because they cant debuff multiple people. 1v1 they are OP but an additional player really ruins the show.

I think the best fix really is to simply remove the plunder line. Maybe let things like Corp Prot last longer as compensation.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    My brother is playing a trader that he has twinked to the endgame. He frequently lols about how OP it is.

I think they are balanced, because they cant debuff multiple people. 1v1 they are OP but an additional player really ruins the show.

I think the best fix really is to simply remove the plunder line. Maybe let things like Corp Prot last longer as compensation.
    Almost no impact in PvP in the trader's target since plunder lands rarely (that's why traders love so much pets and lowbies in BS).

Big impact for the trader's AR and nano skills (less nano skills > moar resists, and we sure get a lot of that already, more than you can imagine)
    And a nice PvM nerf.
    So...

People should stop looking at stats, spreadsheets and all the theoretical stuff and start playing the game.
    Personally, I never complain about other professions because I didn't/barely played those professions, and I don't feel able to make a decent complain.
    You people think you know the game and all the prof but no, you don't!
    Of course you can have good ideas but most of the time it's just senseless whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    How about having Plunder and Divest drain a % of the opponents skills based on the level of the Trader?

I'll just throw that out there for you guys to ponder.
    This has been tossed around multiple times. The main issue is that it punishes people more for having higher AR, which hardly seems fair for toons who have worked on their AR.

It seems like the Trader profession needs more variety. Increase the power of Plunder and Divest, change Divest to nanoskill draining only and Plunder to weaponskills only, increase duration on AAD/AAO drains and make them generally more available across the levels and more usable, top it off with a general root fix and it's done.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast