Thread: Obtaining new/updated nanoformulae

Obtaining new/updated nanoformulae

Okay, I'm all ready for a shakeup. Don't much care,
    I've started developing a lot of trust in FC, and accept
    that things are gonna be really weird, buggy and 'sploity
    at first - not an issue, I'm thinking it'll be fun getting
    used to things.

But we've been told NT for example is going to have
    a bunch of nanos removed completely (i.e. double, triple - yay)
    and other ones added (more yay).

So how will we actually get ahold of these nanos?

Will there be a 1/1 replacement? I.e. if you have
    double/triple uploaded, will you automagically get
    the new ones?

Will we have to dump another potential 100mill
    (that's just ~10 high end nanos) into replacing things?

Or god forbid.. are we gonna have to go through
    all that **** we did for nano cubes, and re-farm
    Victory Points, and kill endless swamp hags for
    biodome keys, etc?

Speaking only on my own behalf here- I'd be majorly
    pissed off having this character nearing completion,
    and all of a sudden having to dump all my raid
    points into something that I technically worked
    towards about 4 years ago. I'd probably skin
    a dev and wear their ears to mardi gras.
    Maybe one ear, depends how long it took.
    Hell, maybe 2 devs.. but I digress...

Just flicking through the hundred pages of
    discussions, it's reminding me of how they
    announced Everquest2, really early - leaving
    the EQ1 playings thinking
    'why bother.. why *did* i ****ing bother',
    and well it's already worrying me.

Either way, I'm pretty sure the community
    won't appreciate being left high and dry,
    so any info on a final implementation or
    proposed solutions would be fantastic.

On a final rambling note -
    Can't wait to see everyone come crawling
    out of the woodwork, trying to master the
    new techniques like drunks trying to get
    their sea legs. Should be amusing =)
    And thanks for keeping us updated, keeps
    the panic down. Hoot.

Wop!
    Looking good is nine tenths of the fight.

That is some funky text formatting you have there.

But I agree with everything you have posted. A little insight into how we will be able to get a hold of the new changed nanos when the go live would be great.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funcom employee

One thing that's important to note is that you guys are seeing mostly *alterations* to previously-existing nanos; this means that when the Rebalancing stuff goes live, the tools, nanos, and items you already have will be changed to what you see in the documentation. Even in cases where there are "new" nanos in the documentation, these may simply be us taking another nano from your profession's toolset and changing its implementation/name (see the MA damage buff nanos, for example - those "were" the Give Energy/Life nanos, and will be updated when the Rebalancing rolls around).

This isn't to say that *everything* will already be in your inventory/nano window - Clarion Call for Keepers, for example, is a *new* nanoline, and thusly will most likely have to be picked up somewhere. That said, for things within the Rebalancing documentation, the odds are *extremely* high that you will have to get *any* of it from anything other than a shop vendor somewhere.

In the specific case of NT nanos, yes - Most of those will be changes to pre-existing nanos, meaning that unless you're already missing some gaps in your nano library you should pretty much have everything when the Rebalancing comes around.

Our goal isn't to make people have to go back out and refarm stuff when all of this goes live; quite to the contrary, we want to try and make the change-over as smooth as possible. This isn't to say that there won't be additions to your toolsets after the Rebalancing is out - We're gonna keep making content, after all, and you guys want new shinies to go along with that. But most of what you see in the Rebalancing documents will just 'automagically' replace whatever you currently have. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Thanks for the insight there Kintaii, at least we now know we won't have to farm a shed load of items to make our chars up to scratch again ^^
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Yeah, thanks muchly - massive sigh of relief!

I'm sure to get the new nano you will only have to run back and forth across scheol a couple dozen times, obtain 3 backpacks worth of NODROP quest items, defeat a difficult boss inside a long dungeon with no other loot or incentive for the rest of your team, and as a final step, level a froob to 200 and delete it.

It's not quite iambic pentameter, but it's got a beat and I can dance to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    One thing that's important to note is that you guys are seeing mostly *alterations* to previously-existing nanos; this means that when the Rebalancing stuff goes live, the tools, nanos, and items you already have will be changed to what you see in the documentation.
    Except in the case of traders, who already had two of their nanos changes before everything else is going live! Yay for whining

Nerf cb double double mkay :@
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    I'm sure to get the new nano you will only have to run back and forth across scheol a couple dozen times, obtain 3 backpacks worth of NODROP quest items, defeat a difficult boss inside a long dungeon with no other loot or incentive for the rest of your team, and as a final step, level a froob to 200 and delete it.
    Yes, that's what I was scared of, but the AO dev interview on AO Universe seemed quite promissing, i.e. 'lets not repeat the ado/scheol quests cause they suck'.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I want to auto tune what the OP said due to the fact he wrote his post out in stanzas.
    Lmao.. yeah.. the uhm.. the first line there has a good beat to it.
    IMO should be mandatory